The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I can see them having pieces behind the intakes pivoting up to add a curve to the existing intakes, which slide down into the shoulders a bit. You don't have to add or fold anything.

2. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    There's always my other insane theory, toon pluses don't happen in a vacuum. I guess the exception would be Prowl, who released in a year with no new molds but count him with Jack and Streak and we have equal numbers pluses and new molds for this year. Smokescreen in Jan and probably Tracks at some point in 2020 would have to give us a season 2 bot, maybe. I want to say Blaster or maybe TB/Hoist but pardon the pun those releases could grease the tracks for Skids.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

For curved intakes their options are likely either fave intakes OR they they have a thing where like the MP3/11 they still bend forward but an additional piece comes up and and adds the actual curvature. that wouldn't give them the same interior but it'd give them the exterior curves.
    As for tail fins there's no good way to hide them without having the fins themselves fold. I could see them magically compressing into the leg but other than that they're kinda gonna be there. MT IIRC has them fold over the outside of the legs which is still not particularly nice looking (at least to me.)

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Am I the only one? I realize skids has a better chance at being made, just think it's be pretty rad with the engineering they pull off these days.

5. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Seconded. I was out of Transformers by then as well but I would love to see a good Punch/Counterpunch with a proper Pontiac Fiero alt mode since I'm a fan of the poor little Fiero, lol.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Punch is a bit too wishlist-y anymore. I'd dig him, sure, with his licensed Pontiac Fiero alt mode, but this line isn't really for these late-era D-list characters.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jackisking

News Credits:
    That and he's only appeared once since 86/86 last year with POTP.

8. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

It's interesting you mention Punch/Counterpunch because I've been thinking about who I would like to see out of S1 and S2. My vote would be for Nightbeat though it's unlikely.

9. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Punch/Counterpunch would be great. I mostly remember him for his Headmasters appearances (and most of that is just the running gag of him remembering he's in the wrong mode) but I'd be happy to see him made.
    It's unlikely though; season 2 already somehow manages to have less popular characters than Season 1 and outside of those the liklihood seems to just go down from there although Season 3 I think still has a good shot. The fact that Star Saber exists is still kind of a miracle but since then we've seen two BW leaders happen before Ginrai. So far the only HM era figures we've gotten are both redecoes. Chances are you'd sooner see Jazz/Meister actually happen and Stepper come out of it before Punch/Counterpunch.

10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

The likelihood of an official MP Punch/Counterpunch is pretty much zero unfortunately. It's so unlikely it's not really worth the idea leaving the wishlist thread or 3rd Party forum.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scowly Prowl

Given all the 3P MP love for FT Phoenix, I'm surprised there isn't more chatter for a TT MP Jetfire. He'd be huge, literally, and figuratively. And at this rate, he'd also be $500+.

Heck, I'd even go in on a Hasbro Pulse offer on a product that wouldn't release for 2 years if it was a real MP Jetfire.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Any Season 1 character MP I would totally go for backing on Pulse!

They could do it for non licensed characters for sure! Insecticons and Dinobots come to mind too!

13. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of a bummer to hear that, maybe they are registering late or something.:eek: :(  I will keep my expectations low for a repeat of the Hotrod/Shockwave dual reveal happening again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    If mp-44 is a hard sell at 320ish, and people balk at a crowd funded unicron for 575, I highly doubt takara would ever deem it worth their while for a $500 jetfire/skyfire. Of course as a fan I would welcome it. But it makes zero sense from a business standpoint.

I mean if I'm a transformers executive at takara I would actually instruct people not to look into making jetfire/skyfire. For one thing it would never sell as well as prime, ergo losing money at a size that large, and for another I wouldn't want to be involved with the whole legal thing with Bandai.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wasn't too many pages ago in here that I floated the idea of a Haslab MP Jetfire. It went about as well as you might expect.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jackisking

News Credits:
    Looking at some of the prices for Macross , I don't think they would have problems selling a Skyfire granted there's no snafus like Prime. I do wonder if they would give him a Free all mode to sweeten the deal.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

What about an MP Skyfire at roughly the same price as 3P Phoenix was? Would that be doable, if the MP was the same scale as Phoenix?

18. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Punch/Counterpunch could be awesome, but I lost the hope about a future MP so I bought the POTP version

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

He's huge, would have an equally huge price tag, is a C-list character, and has no natural repaint options. Sure, the die-hards would love a TT MP Skyfire, but the die-hards would love ANYTHING TT does so that's not really saying much.

Not anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scowly Prowl

Yes, but I thought I'd stoke the fire a bit.

I should've clarified a bit - I meant $500 CDN. This would be about $375 US. Not that it would make a ton of difference. That said, I'd wager the market for an MP Jetfire isn't as small as some might imagine. A run of 5-8K would sell if tied to a convention exclusive, and if it was promoted well.