The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Sounds good, I think will get better QC as the preorder discount size as the cost. If I understand it right the big discount Takara gives is because they produce so many units retailers dont have to sale it at MSRP unlike something lke SOC GOlion which Im pretty sure had no discount. Takara could probably eliminate some of the qc hiccups by producing smaller runs, I think that's part of the problem we're seeing most of the mistakes seem like rush mistakes and I wonder if Takara cut a run down by a 1/3 or 1/4 would some of these mistakes be eliminated. It wouldn't bother Domestic buyer but Japanese and those of us who import would definitely see a higher price. Maybe when @TTemploy pops back up we can see if he has any info on how the production runs work for the different line.

• Like Like x 3
  2. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's on the codes from the inner box flaps in the MP boxes.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Diaclone & Microchange redecos!!!

...just me? Oh ok.

• Like Like x 4
  4. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Emperor Bruticus was kind enough to put some instructions up for responding to the survey a few pages back. Hope this helps everyone who wants to participate out! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  5. crazyman

crazyman Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Ah well I need BBTS to ship out my MP44 first lol

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Beat me to it.

He tell me MP Jazz was already designed (by Hasui) and ready to go. It was held up due to licensing issues. If they ever get past the licensing I'm entirely of the opinion they'd redesign him at this point anyhow, but there should be no doubt he hasn't already happened because of licensing hangups. He's one of, if not THE most popular carbot characters and a sexy sports car to boot with a natural repaint option...the epitome of what TT would want to do! And you're correct, Alternators Jazz has been officially documented as not happening due to Porsche licensing. Why Porsche denied it has been a subject of he tell me debate, but that they denied it is documented fact.

Mirage, I don't know how TT would/will handle the licensing, if at all. Personally, I wouldn't bother with licensing the car. Make him toon accurate and nobody that didn't previously know better could identify what brand the racecar was supposed to be. I think his issue is more with his livery. His RL livery is a cigarette company. His toon accurate livery I think is still too close. So what do you do? Leave it off altogether? Make it something not close like 'Cybetron'? Do it as a gig company anyhow? Whatever the case, I think it's entirely possible Mirage hasn't happened due to those things...but unlike Jazz, I think it's also possible they just haven't gotten around to him yet (but I still have no idea how they'd deal with the licensing and/or livery.) Someone has to be last...not that it'll necessarily be Mirage, but it wouldn't be a shock to me that it just hasn't been his turn yet. He's lower on the popularity totem pole and he's not exactly a sexy sports car...

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Reel Ninja

The Reel Ninja TRN: The Reel Ninja

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    As much as I love my MakeToys Jazz...I am really excited to see what Takara does with that character. He's one of my favorites. And the MakeToys version is almost perfect...

But again. I thought the same with the BadCube Sunstreaker, and the Takara version is so much better.

Bring on the MP Jazz!

• Like Like x 2
  8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'm still down for 3 MP Jazz.......:D 

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Reel Ninja

The Reel Ninja TRN: The Reel Ninja

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Right? I think we are ALL ready!

• Like Like x 1
  10. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Seems like it's region-locked to Japan. Here are @Emperor Bruticus IV's instructions on how to access it from abroad. On top of these instructions I'd recommend inputting any open answers in Japanese. Keep sentences short and simple and let google translate them into Japanese for you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackisking

News Credits:
    Im going all in hayaka, hayaka, motto, motto. :lol  I could sacrifice buying some BW mps in order to pay for an extra G1 release or two. Especially if they plan on dipping in the 2.0 well. Im already expecting a price increase of sorts to be coming as the last four mps top out at only a 30 % discount.If they commit to better QC like people want I could see it eventually rolling back to 20-25%

• Like Like x 3
  12. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Hayaku ;) 

Yeah, I can see how in the future the discounts might get a bit less. MP44 is the last one I had 33% off on. Both BA and Hound seem to have maxed out at 30%, like you said.
    If this gives us better QC and more durable paint, then I'm all for it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. jackisking

News Credits:
    Gomenasai:D 
    Yeah, the gray border on 44 is much to thin,like I said a lot of the errors seem like they happened because the factory wasn't keeping pace and shorted some work.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I guess it's been a while since that Generations Waspinator, so I guess he'd be more likely to come first. I would personally LOVE to see Inferno first, though (and be happy to use the Takara Generations Waspy as a stand-in until he inevitably is made in MP form).

Despite not being a member of the original crews, though, I think Inferno is pretty likely to get made regardless. He's just way too awesome, and was pretty prominent throughout most of the series. Seems to be a bit of a fan favorite, too. Ditto Silverbolt on the Maximal side.

PS: And as for Burning Convoy, I don't think I've ever been LESS excited for an MP...

• Like Like x 1
  15. SunSwipe5

After thinking about it, I really have no desire for an MP red monkey Prime. I need to conserve money for the next G1 MP (please be one of the trio).

It's amazing how easy it is to spend money on MPs, and how freaking difficult it is to sell off part of your collection......to have extra money for new MPs.
    :tumbleweed: :popcorn 

16. Primal Suit

Primal Suit Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm new to the thread, and I just wanted to know if anyone actually knows what the next masterpiece will be after Lio? After skipping through some pages, I got that there will be a 2.0 Soundwave, but is that confirmed? Im really sorry, I just want to get caught up.

17. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Well there’s a new Burning Convoy Optimus Primal releasing in March, but beyond that we don’t know anything.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jackisking

News Credits:
    Nothing confirmed yet, we may get news of something at the end of the month if Flaming hot Primal isn't the only announcement

19. SunSwipe5

Flaming Hot Convoy is like Flaming Hot Cheetos........both tend to stale when left open.
    :confused2 :ev: 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of a 2.0 soundwave. They are re-releasing the original soundwave this year, (Which I'm assuming is what you are thinking of) which is MP-13, so I doubt we'll see Soundwave 2.0 real soon.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1