The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah, I totally agree there, but I don't think they're going to be as slavish as the MP-3 was. If they have to sacrifice accuracy of the alt mode in any way, they'll do it this time around.

2. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

If/when they make a new Rodimus Prime, I wonder on what media he will be based. Could be movie (thus pinkish), could be season 3 (and then animation model or the upscaled Hot Rod look?) or how he looked in the Japanese Headmasters (with for example the wheels on the front of the arms).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Maybe both wheels wise? It's doable on mp28 so it should be doable on a figure twice the size.

Colour wise I'd prefer the Movie I think but I wouldn't be against the idea of a burgundy release later down the line like Hot Rod got.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I was thinking about this earlier. Release mp44 cab in Magnus colours and give him trailer armour. He should be nearly as articulated as Mp36/44 as you'd retain the ab crunch, hips and knees of Optimus and you get another version of Magnus ticked off.

Were already halfway there!

Bonus is you can have him in pieces around your new hyper articulated Galvatron too.

Win /win.

At this point I'm more excited about potential 86 Movie figures than anything else.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think the armour thing is actually doable this time around with MP44's engineering but damn that will be another 50K+ yen figure.
    It could be super dope but I feel MP22 seems to always sell really well due to his price being cheap relatively to other MP's his size.
    The current one cut a major cost corner with that origami cab which was an ingenious compromise.

I'd love them to redo him the same way they did before but smaller with the level of detail they're now putting in... Sold mine as he was just a beautiful giant brick.

Bro I feel you.. S3's actually my favourite timeline period, I needs me some!
    I think I'd cry if I see a beautifully done Rodimus v2!

• Like Like x 2
  6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think it's because my s1/2 cast are essentially complete. At this point I'm swapping out older characters for newer more cartoon accurate ones and I think Roddy and Galvatron would be a good time to call it a day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    I think only the Hasbro release and the most recent Takara reissue have those terrible elbow flaps. Mine is the second run from when it first came out (2010? 11?) and it has very different elbows to the Hasbro that are much better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That I'll completely agree with.

9. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    On one hand I want to say its possible , they've never made a MP Magnus like that before and would be fitting for a redo. On the other hand I think we ll get a functional cab , better intergrated into the body allowing more of the carrier to compact and get a much sleeker and a tad shorter Magnus.

I broke down and got an Ironhide, Prime didnt feel right without him, but I wouldnt be surprised if a reissue for especially Ratchet is announced by the end of the year. I've been looking at prices on Ebay the last week and yahoo jp sales and there dont appear to be many available on the market. On ebay at least nothing like tge 60-70 you used to be able to find him for.

10. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was talking about this with some pals the other day. You know that slot on MP-44's lower abdomen where the battle damage piece gets plugged in? There's a matching slot on the other side that looks like both used together could accomodate an attachment like maybe a Magnus sized torso. The butterfly joints in the shoulders can be extended quite a bit and the arms able to reposition to face forward which, while possibly limiting articulation, could work for Magnus' arms. On the grasping at straws front, they did include that pic of Prime passing on the matrix to Magnus (not pictured) on the back of the box which would make for a fun tease. While I'd absolutely love MP-44s in white and blue for their respective Ultra Magnus v3 and Delta Magnus v2 releases, I'm just enjoying the ride and this amazing MP-44 that I've transformed six times so far without a single issue besides my finger tips being rawer than playing guitar could ever make them!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Livin’ on a prayer?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I'd be in for a TT MP Galvatron. It would be a logical place to start, and then maybe Cyclonus and Scourge shortly afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Since I'm not a fan of the 86' movie or Hot Rod/Rodimus, he would be a very easy pass for me.

Honestly, outside of Springer, there are very few 86' movie Transformers I can think of that I'd buy MPs of.

I'm still happily aboard the MP Jazz/CJ/Mirage positivity hype train. They WILL happen. It's not "If", but "When". It's just a gut feeling I have.

That's not to say I wouldn't buy (disclaimer: This is NOT a wishlist. It's MPs that have been rumored and speculated upon in this thread);

V2 Swipe
    V3 Starscream and Seekers that would follow him
    Blaster
    Trailbreaker
    Red Sunstreaker
    Deep Cover

All have been speculated upon and rumored for awhile.

I can also honestly say that V3 Prime will be the last version of G1 Prime I buy. I mean, unless they make an AI Prime that can Transform himself, as creepy and absurdly expensive as that would be. :eek: 

Hell, I'm still trying to sell off 1/4 of my collection (minus MPs, Siege and giant Combiners and City Bots), just to make room for all the new pieces incoming. :confused: 

I even had to delay buying Omega Supreme, just to make sure V3 was safely paid in full.

I still have incoming:
    V2 Bee- Oct
    Blackarachnia- Nov
    Movie Jazz- Oct
    Hound- Dec
    Smokey+ January
    Lio Prime- Feb

That's not even including Generations Smokey (Sept), Astrotrain, Spinister and Topspin (all December).

No way am I going to complain about the current flow of MPs, not when we're averaging almost 1 per month. I'm pretty content right now. :D 

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think the next evolution in the MP line will be cleaner sculpt via faster transformation and mono-shaft joints to disguise articulation joints while retaining high poseability and cleaning up the sculpt. With current MP's in robot mode it's obvious they transform into something. I think the next phase will blur the line so you'll barely be able to tell that the toys transform.

I think what we've seen with MP-44-45-48 is the far end where and I think Takara will progressively get more and more parts hidden so by MP-60 or so, whatever we get will look like a straight up action figure or vehicle and blow us away by still being able to transform. Kind of hard to convey what I'm saying but I think MP-44 will be the messiest of what we will see going forward.

• Like Like x 4
  15. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Ya know which G1-TF this current moar-panels system for MPs is really perfect for?

Seaspray.

No doubt about it...

:ev: 

• Like Like x 4
  16. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think they'd necessarily do the conehead remolds again. They didn't the first time around and the ones they did of MP-11 were exclusives (well, kind of) that didn't seem to sell all that well... I would probably jump on them if you haven't already, while they're at sale prices.

But yeah. I don't want to go through even getting the main three seekers again (but probably will).

• Like Like x 3
  17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It was doable the last time, but they ran out of time on the schedule, especially due to the changing of hands from design leads of Hasui- San to Kobayashi-san. Much of their collaboration was to make that leadership transfer a smooth one, and I think it worked for the most part.

That said, I actuly don't think we'll see another Magnus soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    In all seriousness I'd imagine a Takara Seaspray would be incredibly similar to the xtb version. It has all the hallmarks of the current design and aesthetic. The slavish cartoon look, tonne of accessories, clever transformation steps and hyper articulation:

PicsArt_09-08-10.47.44.jpg

I'm not suggesting this will ever beat Takara, I'm suggesting Takara will be extremely similar. Looks perfect with mp44 and I think will look perfect with Bumblebee v2 as well.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Haha yeh I'm reminded that was the intention when I see MP10's gorilla arms.

I'm so happy in hindsight that they got Koyabashi back on the MP line. Hasui really does his best work on the other lines... Figures stepping out of the TV is what G1 never had and needs.

I wouldn't be upset if we didn't for a long time... Save UM v3 for MP 65 or something... I'd much rather see some other S3 guys first.
    Also has anyone checked what the QR code survey inside MP44's box is this time?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Brooklynwolf

Brooklynwolf Well-Known Member

I've seen a few members here wanting an updated ultra Magnus to incorporate the scrapped idea of him wearing the armor. With my limited knowledge of engineering...which is NONE...I don't see that being possible with MP44s design. I think they're gong to, and this should come as no surprise, MILK the ever living crap out of MP44 with redecos and release a white version of him, minus the trailer. Then after 2 or 3 more MP releases, we'll finally get UM 2.0 that has a similar concept to the first version where the cab transforms into the body armor. I believe that'll be the middle ground.

A white, de-armored UM was never seen in the animated series, and given the new direction where show accuracy is priority AS WELL as MP44 just not having the proportions for add on parts, IMO there's no chance we will get a DW inspired UM. That's my take on the matter.

• Like Like x 5