The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2019: Year Without a Countach :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  2. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I'm loving the TB/Hoist speculation from the past few days! The effects parts that are increasingly becoming common in the line give me confidence that TB might indeed have a force field effect and Mirage would have an invisibility cube. Looking at how Blackarachnia's web is composed of sections to assemble, that might be how TT pulls off a large TB field effect. Hound's vinyl looking roof also makes me think TT would indeed include Mirage's parachute.

• Like Like x 5
  3. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’m not really a car guy but one day I will own an old Fairlady Z from the late ‘70s or ‘80s. I have informed the wife of this including the reason why. :) 

• Like Like x 5
  4. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Aw man, the egregious tampos are the main thing I find interesting about the potential toy + releases :lol  But I can totally understand...I guess you'd rather it be more like Cordon with minimal tampos in bot mode? I just hope they paint the collar area black like the original toy, it made a huge difference to evoking the original when I was playing around with it (actually I think they missed the boat on that for Cordon as well, IMHO).

And if this doesn't happen next year, @Ikkstakk's just gotta end up being right about MP-48 being red Sunstreaker!!!

Hahaha I'm sorry man, though I do enjoy the Flintstones "WILMAAAAAAA....!!!!!" effect of seeing my unpronounceable username written like that :lol 

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  5. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I loved Scorponok and will pay any price!

I mean, yeah he was a total dork as far as his character went but that was part of his charm, plus you gotta admire his loyalty.

Loved Terrorsaur too.
    It’s interesting that both had such wonderful character development in the firs season only to be able unceremoniously buried alive before seasons two and three... I like to think they’re still functional, in stasis, just waiting to be unearthed by some unsuspecting paleontologists...

• Like Like x 7
  6. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'd buy a Sunny repaint.
    Deep Cover, too.

Maybe a stunticon?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Heh...yeah I've covered this before but I found Scorponok very dull. I if they did an MP I might get it if it meant completing the season 1 cast (provided it wasn't way too expensive) but I wouldn't be able to get very excited about it. Terrorsaur I really liked though, he looked cool and had a character arch... that was sadly cut short. TBH the only Beast Wars character I would never buy is Quickstrike... I hate that guy in every way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kj1313

kj1313 Member

I'm sure this has been covered to death but can they finally give us a MP Devastator set.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I still think he's pretty likely, as far as combiners go. He's one of the most iconic early-ish G1 Transformers out there.

Not sure if they'd give us a set at first though... it'll be interesting how that plays out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

There’s just no way they could commit the amount of resources needed to one set. The price point alone would make the internet melt down into a pool of slag.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    And would you like this Devastator set before or after they finish the Season 1 carbots, the Dinobots, the Insecticons, the Triple Changers, the Movie cast and the first-season Beast Wars cast?

I believe Takara's plate is rather full right now.

12. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Plus, the asthetic for G1 figures could change, again.

13. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    You forgot Reflector.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Looks at Voltron POs at $300 + sell out in minutes made of lions and little vehicles, then looks at Devastator or even better Menasor, made up with alternator tidbits like opening doors,lights,hoods,and engine, and shakes head vigorously disagreeing.
    Stops for a second and thinks how great all that stuff would be on a Bruticus set, and starts shaking head again.

• Like Like x 5
  15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would argue that Devastator is probably more iconic than any of those examples, however.

GearsRollo is correct about whether Takara would be willing to commit that many resources to one team - it would be a game-changer, for sure, but one I could see happening, if only because the prestige factor is so big on this one. Much more so than any of the other combiners, or any of the characters listed above, and CERTAINLY more so than Reflector.

But hey, I guess I got off topic there. Let's go back to talking about how great a Soundwave V2 and Starscream V3 would be. ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  16. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

The trouble with Devastator is that it’s six separate figures around the size of Ironhide or Inferno that each effectively have 3 modes. I just can’t see that going for anything less than about an MP-41 each.

Even if they packed them all into one, that’s still probably at least 800-900 bucks. I’d love it, I’d buy it, but I’d have to stay off the internet for a year to avoid the deluge of butthurt.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Yes, absolutely, essential, unskippable, anchor-of-the-team Reflector!

Really? More even than the Dinobots? That team's even got a bonafide A-lister on it. I don't really expect to see any of those characters I listed aside from the remaining carbots, but if I had to pick one group that's more possible than the others, I'd go with the Dinobots.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I think I could drop $900 on a good official TT MP Devastator. Heck, I paid full price for the second UCS Lego Millennium Falcon...

• Like Like x 1
  19. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I think anything pre-transformers has a chance. If BW has made anything possible is increase the chance of an expensive one shot mold getting made. Even the G1 big molds have at least one reliable repaint. They probably would have sold more 36+ if I it was a general release, but I think they're saving that for another repaint. Seeing what they're doing with the humans, we could see Dinobots with a Diaclone/toy/pilot repaint.

• Like Like x 1
  20. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Call me mad but i'd like more the diaclone pre transformers red one.
    (That doesn't mean i would not buy one like the digitbash of course ...)

• Like Like x 3