The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Great post, MZ! I feel the same way! I actually have no interest in BW, but I'm amazed by the BW MPs nonetheless and am very happy for its fans, especially when they're as kind and generous as you, buddy. Feels like there's never been a better time to be a TFan!

• Like Like x 10
  2. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, MP20+ looks yum with that perfect toon white. Myself I was really hoping for more G1 bots next year, but I think MP44 is going to create a shockwave once it's released. The 360 view already shows that impossible toon perfection that Takara seems to have achieved here; he looks amazing from every angle except for the full frontal view (where it's difficult to appreciate the curves and the angled/'V' shaped chest). In hand there's no question this is really going to be something special.

One nickpick: I do think they didn't fully capture Prime's humble/compassionate expression from the show. The eye(brow)s are just ever so slightly angled down (like a frown) resulting in a meaner/badass face. I know this is how he was drawn in the movie, but the Movie has never been about Prime for me, so I don't have that as a reference point. Angry looking Primes is a petpeeve of mine (in fact with many of my Primes I have 'straightened' the angled down helmet above the eyes with a hobby knive).

• Like Like x 4
  3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm glad to hear I'm making sense to some.

4. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Awww, shit man. So sorry to hear that - my condolences for your loss.

They really are just like a member of the family and it hurts so bad when they're gone... :( 

• Like Like x 1
  5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Isn't shipping from AE usually on the high side? I'd be surprised if it were only $20...

Are we expecting the price to come down any from AJ?

6. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

So....I made this comment some days ago. I still stand by it but I've been thinking. With TT's new eye gouging and arse/wallet raping pricing policy. Do you think the dinobots could be on the cards? Think about it, 5 big popular robots from a popular ensemble group with one of the most popular characters in the history of transformers, Grimlock. We could see one dinbot a year at about $300 with light up gimmicks, they could start with snarl since he hardly seems to be anyone's favourite and then work their way up the popularity ranks leaving Grimlock last! Think of the repaint potential along with the new prices TT is setting along with the frequency of TT's sunbow G1 accurate molds we are getting these days. The dinobots would fit in perfectly with TT's supposed new ways of doing things.

And if this comes to reality....oh, my dear wallet!?

:oops: 

• Like Like x 2
  7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yeah I remember Sunstreaker being pricey to ship from AE a year ago. This will be a much bigger box.

Regards AJ hopefully. Cheapest at the mo is NY at 33,400. I'm hoping AJ will undercut that and get closer to 30k.

8. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I haven’t looked closely but Prime V3 comes with the rounder season 1 head as well. Is it less harsh? Options are good!

• Like Like x 1
  9. wraithe

wraithe Blam! Zowie!

Perfect idea. Snarl’s MY favorite. I’m a sucker for the stegos

10. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Would a smaller bot like Swoop really cost as much as Grimlock?
    I would think Grimmy would be around 300, while Swoop would be more along the lines of 225 to 250.

I DEFINITELY want Swoop. He's my favorite dinobot.

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Seriously? If they are so popular, why did it take 35 years before they bothered doing another G1 style set?

I think the odds are piss poor, myself...

12. malware5

We didn't think MP-44 should have cost as much as he did, did we, and yet here we are looking at a cost of $400+???

:lol 

Me too, but then again with TT's new pricing policy, who knows?

13. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

My AJ preorder's locked in at 34255Y shipped (and there's the possibility it could go lower) which converts to $302 and change right now. I know that's not possible for everyone, but no one in the US should have to pay more than $350, let alone $400+.

Also checked my Wheeljack+ preorder with AJ. It's at 6170Y shipped, which is only $54 and change, which is cheaper than what I paid for the original through N-Y four years ago. Glad I ordered two!

14. malware5

True, but that's if you browse on TFW2005 every other day like me and you my friend. To the outside non-nerdish world that guy is $400+. I say this because I have sold lots of masterpieces on line at a profit and you'll be surprised how quickly they go because of the individuals general lack of knowledge. Some don't even know of local retailers here in the UK like TFS Express and Kapow who are more expensive than Japanese etailers and offer cheaper prices than I do. So, yes, to that ignorant ilk, the bulk majority of TF fans, it is $400. For me and you otherwise!

• Like Like x 2
  15. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

The most I’ve ever paid is $25 express on Dinobot.

16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Now that we're getting Carly I'm gonna crave Swoop even more! He's one of the few I'd actually go 3P for if any of them suited my tastes :eek: 

• Like Like x 3
  17. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    His point is that Rhinox is not as popular as Megatron. I think you may be letting your love of Beast Wars (don't get me wrong, I love it too) cloud your judgment on what may be more appealing to more casual fans of that series.

It's like, if I wanted to build a collection that represented the different franchises within Transformers, I might get Armada Optimus Prime and Megatron, and leave it at that... even though fans of that series might think Starscream or Hot Shot are *just* as essential in terms of characters, other people might not see it that way. That's why Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron have more "crossover appeal" than the other characters.

I do agree that he's popular enough to be made, though, and still won't be cheap...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some advice about shipping costs at Anime Export...it is never $20 shipped, especially for this size. As deep as their discount is, it will end up being cheaper than a US retailer, but only an average of $20-$30 cheaper overall after you take shipping into consideration.

For example, I bought a 7 eleven prime from them and shipping for just that was $50

19. Aussiebot

Aussiebot Well-Known Member

Because Hasbro in its infinite wisdom decided to retire the Dinobots. It's only because the boss of High Moon Studios argued so hard for the Dinobots to be included in the FOC video game that Hasbro changed its mind. Since then Hasbro has woken up to how popular the Dinos actually are and now we've seen them in the movies, movie toys then POTP toys. I say MP versions are coming.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I would not be excited for Dinobots... I can’t beleive I’m gonna say this on an official MP thread , but Fanstoys has really spoiled me . I have the entire set of Di-bots that they put out , and there terrific. What I’d like to see Takara tackle would be an MP God Ginrai with Godbomber . It would also help instill some hope that there attempting combiner styled figures .