The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Seriously? If they are so popular, why did it take 35 years before they bothered doing another G1 style set?

I think the odds are piss poor, myself...

2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

We didn't think MP-44 should have cost as much as he did, did we, and yet here we are looking at a cost of $400+???

:lol 

Me too, but then again with TT's new pricing policy, who knows?

3. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

My AJ preorder's locked in at 34255Y shipped (and there's the possibility it could go lower) which converts to $302 and change right now. I know that's not possible for everyone, but no one in the US should have to pay more than $350, let alone $400+.

Also checked my Wheeljack+ preorder with AJ. It's at 6170Y shipped, which is only $54 and change, which is cheaper than what I paid for the original through N-Y four years ago. Glad I ordered two!

4. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

True, but that's if you browse on TFW2005 every other day like me and you my friend. To the outside non-nerdish world that guy is $400+. I say this because I have sold lots of masterpieces on line at a profit and you'll be surprised how quickly they go because of the individuals general lack of knowledge. Some don't even know of local retailers here in the UK like TFS Express and Kapow who are more expensive than Japanese etailers and offer cheaper prices than I do. So, yes, to that ignorant ilk, the bulk majority of TF fans, it is $400. For me and you otherwise!

• Like Like x 2
  5. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

The most I’ve ever paid is $25 express on Dinobot.

6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Now that we're getting Carly I'm gonna crave Swoop even more! He's one of the few I'd actually go 3P for if any of them suited my tastes :eek: 

• Like Like x 3
  7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    His point is that Rhinox is not as popular as Megatron. I think you may be letting your love of Beast Wars (don't get me wrong, I love it too) cloud your judgment on what may be more appealing to more casual fans of that series.

It's like, if I wanted to build a collection that represented the different franchises within Transformers, I might get Armada Optimus Prime and Megatron, and leave it at that... even though fans of that series might think Starscream or Hot Shot are *just* as essential in terms of characters, other people might not see it that way. That's why Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron have more "crossover appeal" than the other characters.

I do agree that he's popular enough to be made, though, and still won't be cheap...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some advice about shipping costs at Anime Export...it is never $20 shipped, especially for this size. As deep as their discount is, it will end up being cheaper than a US retailer, but only an average of $20-$30 cheaper overall after you take shipping into consideration.

For example, I bought a 7 eleven prime from them and shipping for just that was $50

9. Aussiebot

Aussiebot Banned

Because Hasbro in its infinite wisdom decided to retire the Dinobots. It's only because the boss of High Moon Studios argued so hard for the Dinobots to be included in the FOC video game that Hasbro changed its mind. Since then Hasbro has woken up to how popular the Dinos actually are and now we've seen them in the movies, movie toys then POTP toys. I say MP versions are coming.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I would not be excited for Dinobots... I can’t beleive I’m gonna say this on an official MP thread , but Fanstoys has really spoiled me . I have the entire set of Di-bots that they put out , and there terrific. What I’d like to see Takara tackle would be an MP God Ginrai with Godbomber . It would also help instill some hope that there attempting combiner styled figures .

11. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

He could come with mini-figs of his hired henchmen Slizardo & Skuxxoid...
    skuxxoid.jpg
    Slizardo.jpg
    Or one of the therapists he reluctantly received treatment from, a Torkuli.
    Torkuli.jpg
    Or (far less likely) any of the other insane residents being treated on Torkulon!
    ward04.jpg
    ward03.jpg
    ward02.jpg
    While G1 Galvatron is obviously from the post-diaclone era, he does have a vehicular-ish mode that could be made fun by the inclusion of some interactive features.
    With the new attention and pose-ability being lavished on the Spike and Sparkplug figures (and hypothetically the new Carly figure), and the overall history of including figurines with these releases, I think the inclusion of some season 3 weirdies with season 3 characters would be all but inevitable. Slizardo in particular appears in at least two episodes (though only one with Galvatron) making him a Raul level familiar.

• Like Like x 4
  12. tco

tco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will MP Starscream 3.0 will be revealed soon? I'm not sure if anyone brought this up before. Judging from colour and head sculpt, the latest accessory Starscream head come with MP Prime 3.0 looks identical different from MP3.0, I personally suspect Takara completed new design of MP Starscream. Just my personal guess only.

lalala_starscream.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I've been wrong about the line before, but I highly doubt it here. Guess I don't really care either way...they'd be stupidly expensive and I already gave the FT set which I'm plenty content with...even if I do think one or two of them could be better.

14. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Wishing for a toon colored Grimlock, Ultramagnus height, with wheelie+slingshot, sword, Blaster and Fire effect as accessories. I don't think that it will cost more than dinobot, the transformation Is already done

• Like Like x 5
  15. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Dear Dean, do yourself a favour and please check some BW MPs sooner or later: they're simply amazing in sculpt, engineering and finish! And this comes for a G1 (and even more pre - transformers) fan who never saw the show or had any kind of interest in the original toys.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Dean ML

I hear you, bro. If I had piles of spare cash I might, it's just that after G1 MPs there are other things I love I want money for (family trips, guitar equipment, paleontology, comics, books, etc). I just have no connection to BW, no matter how excellent the figures are, y'know? Just goes to show how much of a factor in this hobby nostalgia is for me!

• Like Like x 8
  17. brianjnelson

brianjnelson Well-Known Member

I was waiting for someone to put up a side by side because I had the same thought. I went through a gallery of Starscream headshots and it's a really close match. The cheekguards might be a bit high but that's all my eyes are able to see.

But now the question becomes, "is this going to be Starscream's V3 headsculpt or is it just a cartoon accurate accessory?" The excitement in me wants to say that this is in fact his new head and it is Takara's way of saying that SS V3 is on it's way. The realist in me says that it's just an accessory that will be "close enough" for the eventual V3.

After looking at a bunch of pictures, I never realized how square Starscream's head really is. He actually would have worked well in Titans Return.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dean ML

The new Starscream head sculpt is incredibly exciting for me and I think it's likely we'll get a new Starscream, but I would not hold my breath. After all, we got the Steeljaw pre-mold a year ago and still nothing about an MP Blaster. I've shifted my expectations to having a new G1 mold released every once in a blue moon now, though I think they're more amazing than ever. Quality over quantity. Fine by me!

• Like Like x 7
  19. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I'm curious what the chances of Hasbro releasing Prime V3 are.

On the one hand, you can get an Xbox One X for less in some places right now.

On the other, the brand's most important character and guaranteed cash.

20. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    100%, though it may be bare bones so they can get Target or Amazon to stock it.