The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

I’m not really feeling Optimus V3’s shoulders....his truck mode is beautiful tho

• Like Like x 1
  2. RotorstormNZ

RotorstormNZ Well-Known Member

I started rewatching the cartoon the other day and when Prime strapped on the jetpack I thought, "I want that in a toy please".

• Like Like x 5
  3. Deruji

Deruji 小説家と翻訳者とアニメーター

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    You can get that in specialty stores. Just say you want something to strap on to your prime.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Depends if you're going off the picture that's miss transformed or not. This digibash by Cheebs looks like it's how it should be and not extended for the hyper articulation:

MPPrime3.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  5. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I was honestly pretty shocked by how many mistransformations there were at this show. Like, really obvious I-don’t-have-the-instructions ones. You’d think Hasbro set up the display.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The show was supposed to start at 10:00 and photos started leaking at around 9:30, so maybe people got into the show early and surprised the panel before they had fully set it up and checked everything?

• Like Like x 3
  7. GearsRollo

Could be. I've certainly worked more than enough shows to know that organizers are usually pretty crap at giving vendors enough time to set up. Honestly though, basic stuff like Optimus' entire shoulder being rolled out and the Bumblebee apron were odd.

A lot of people have complained about Hound's face, but if you look at the hinges on the head, it's very possible that it wasn't sitting properly. Makes me wonder what else they might have gotten wrong on V3 or Hound that we don't realize yet.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

My thinking on both accounts. Shows usually let premium ticket holders in early much to the chagrin of vendors/guests. And I think you're right about Hound's detachable face not sitting in there all the way or his helmet isn't totally compressed.

Looks like POs are going up for Wheeljack+ for a Feb release. Wonder if that'd put Hound in March and Optimus in April? A couple could even be released in the same month - hope so!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Were there any others?

10. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

With all due respect to your opinion, I call bullshit on this line of reasoning. We heard this in regards to Ironhide/Ratchet, And we got them. I mean, sure, they might not appeal to random street buyers or people only interested in the vehicle mode (this supposed magic unicorn), but I feel most of us would buy them. Plus, most of them can be slightly retooled for additional characters. That’s budget friendly right there.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

I really liked MP Hounds face when I saw it in the first picture but in some of the other pics it looked not as good however it could just be the lighting. I also think this is just a mock up, the production version will look better as it usually does for MP releases.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping Wheeljack and Hound go up in the same month and Prime follows in March, but really that's being greedy. To be getting one new MP per month from February to April (because after being without MP-20 for so long 20+ will feel very much like a new MP!) is f*ckin awesome!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, man, it's been a long while since us G1 guys had a few releases bunched together - Grapple, Dirge, and Megatron in early '17! Looks like next year will more than make up for this year's drought!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

I actually think there's possibly something in what the OP said, I don't think its the case for figures like Ironhide of course but some of the other figures that certain posters think are sure things, Takara may not feel the same way.

Personally, I'll have ended up buying nearly the entire real car series should it be released (except for Red Alert and Mirage) with some doubles but I won't be buying all the minibots or certainly things like Insecticons or reflector but I'm sure many would. Maybe they will be HA releases like the Coneheads which I bought but many passed on.

15. GearsRollo

My guess would be March for Hound. I suspect we're looking at a schedule similar to 2016 with the Fusos and double Beasties for 2019 in terms of number of MP releases. If Hound is March, and we pretty much know Prime will be sometime that year, there's at least a couple other figures that ought to land in there on top of whatever 2 MPM's get done.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it's time for some new speculation lists then, eh? Been a while:

September: 17+ Prowl
    October: 42 Cordon
    November: 29+ Shockwave
    December: 36+ Megatron
    January: 43 BW Megatron
    February: 20+ Wheeljack and 44 Hound
    March: 45 Optimus Prime
    April: MPM-7 Bumblebee
    May: MPM whatever
    June: MP-39R
    July: Optimus Primal repaint
    August: MPM whatever
    September: MP-46 Blaster
    October: MP-47 Waspinator and MP-48 Blaster's cassettes
    November: MP- 49 Blaster's cassettes and MPM whatever
    December: MP- 50 Galvatron

• Like Like x 5
  17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the Loopaza listing said MPM7 was coming in October. This year.

18. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going by Japanese release dates, although I think it shows from my list that I don't care too much for MPMs :lol 

I completely forgot to add 13+ to the end of next year, to coincide with Blaster's release. It's actually getting tiring doing a month-by-month play with all the different sublines, but G1-wise next year as well as Hound, Wheeljack+ and Optimus Prime I hope to see Blaster, Galvatron and Soundwave+. That'd be a fantastic year :thumb 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

In what world are Huffer and the Insections, or any potential G1 accurate repaints from their molds, on the same tier of popularity as Ironhide and Ratchet? As fluid as the MP line has been, popularity has still played a major role in who ultimately gets a figure.

I mean think about it, we are almost 40 numbered releases in (starting from MP-10) with a movie specific side line confirmed for another 9 and we've seen G1 Prime go through 3 different molds. When looking strictly at the Ark crew, we have most of the carbots however Bumblebee remains the only minibot. Judging from how quickly the BW MPs are appearing, I'd go as far to say that we'll see the Maximal Axalon crew completed before we see another minibot. If we see anything from the Unicron Trilogy appear in the MP line, you can kiss the idea of seeing Huffer anytime this decade goodbye.

• Like Like x 2
  20. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    BW is dead!!!
    or at least the Dinobot thread is.

• Like Like x 3