The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    They were good, but as Beast Megatron has just made abundantly clear, when TT make an MP now it blows the original toys out of the water. I love the Original Beast Megatron, it's an astonishingly good toy for the time but there isn't any contest with what we are about to get.

If and when they get around to Car Robots I'd expect the same, making good into spectacular. And I hope some day they do.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Aussiebot

Aussiebot Banned

You're exactly right. So many people seem to think the MP line will continue pumping out every single S1 & S2 character but it is not going to happen. Even those hoping for a full Ark crew are being unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Well my manhood was certainly threatened and that’s why I’m going to get the darker one!

:lol 

Joke! I love my Mp-29 but this one is just better, that means more toon accurate for me, so I’ll upgrade! I know it’s a rip off but I’m not a completist going to get every Sunbow character that come out unless it’s by tt of course! And the rate at which tt is releasing new molds these days! Two a year? I’m not exactly breaking the bank account

• Like Like x 1
  4. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Since my posts apparently threaten this guy's "manhood" and he has me on ignore, this is a rhetorical question: what can anyone possibly find "small minded" or "shitty" about wanting a toy to be the right color?

MP 29 was too light. Everyone knows it. Takara knows it. They're correcting their mistake. They went about doing it in a completely lousy way, but I for one am glad to have the option to buy the toy in the right color. It's easier for me since I don't have MP 29. I'm sure people are pissed about being double dipped, and for twice what it should retail for, no less.

• Like Like x 4
  5. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I don’t have you on ignore @onnsake, I kind of enjoy watching you flail angrily at the world while nobody cares. Heck, I almost made a meme for it last week, and then said to myself “I respect Gene Wilder too much to use his image In a flame war with this guy.”

On to something worth talking about though, while I’d be surprised to see Car Robots, I think you’re right that they’d blow the originals away, much like with BW. A lot of folks forget how incredibly fiddly those toys were. The transformations were extremely complex for the cars, while also very delicate and non-intuitive. They could definitely do better now.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    I don’t mind double dipping with Shockwave. I enjoyed having him all this time, and will enjoy having the darker purple version when I get it.

The question is if the darker version came out first would I double dip with the lighter purple. I wouldn’t. That doesn’t bother me, though. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the figure since I’ve owned one. So not a big deal to me or worth being angry over.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Fallen Jedi

Fallen Jedi Well-Known Member

Or,
    Or, do you despise your MP29 because he clashes with your robe?

• Like Like x 3
  8. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    I have a special robe I put on when playing with my Transformers. Obviously. I mean, who doesn’t?

• Like Like x 19
  9. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

:lol :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once I had you on ignore once. You’re a pretty abrasive person. But I am also prone to clicking the “show ignored content” button, and I found out that you and I are extremely similar in collections and scope of likes. But you just word things in a way that I wasn’t used to online. So I figured that I was just a tad too sensitive. I had no real reason to block you except that I didn’t like your mean words once. So that was on me. You still take the piss out of people but it’s fine.

I also really like that you’re a foreigner living abroad like me. That’s awesome man.

• Like Like x 2
  11. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AM I THE ONLY HUMAN HERE THAT PLAYS WITH TOYS IN THEIR FATBOY UNDERWEAR???!!!???

“Better angle the pic so you’re dick isn’t in any reflections.” - drunk me.

• Like Like x 6
  12. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *In your opinion

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

That's a decent point...but $200 is $200...and my interest at this point is far, FAR from what my interest was. I'm limping hard to the finish line here. I'm about ready to settle for that ugly ass BadCube Brawny figure just to be done. Luckily it currently goes for way more than I'm willing to spend.

• Like Like x 3
  14. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    I can't tell the difference..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'm on mobile now so can't easily post pics, but Cheem did some comparison shots between 29 and 29+, the difference is really obvious there. Check the 29+ thread.

• Like Like x 2
  16. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    But I trust you, Sam.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Shockwave eyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love MP-29, and I never wanted to contribute to the amount of unwarranted negativity it's gotten on these boards, but I'm really pleased they redid the face as well as making him darker. I made my peace with Shockwave's colour, even though he was 29+ coloured in my VHS episodes I had as a kid, but I always thought 29's eye was too big. I've grown to love it now, and will happily own both versions. One can be a permanent desk-bot (or both of them ;) ).

• Like Like x 14
  18. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NNNOOOOWWW I see the eye difference. Dammit.. I'm just gonna repaint mine. I can't justify dropping $200 on that guy, even if I were to sell my lilacwave off..

• Like Like x 2
  19. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I actually have one of those terry-cloth Jedi robes that I find is really great because of the huge pockets that are soft, so they don't scratch the toys when I'm carrying from their shelves to my couch.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    But you also get a smaller eye, that must be worth it? :D 

(I'm getting mine from Kapow. Love the color. Hadn't noticed the smaller eye until Sam posted these photos. Will keep both versions. Not because of the size of the eye. :D  But yeah, it's expensive... :oops: )

• Like Like x 1