The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I can only imagine Tarantulas, Waspinator and Airazor being the size and cost for Cheetor. Scorponok, Blackarachnia and Rattrap might be smaller. Also depends of if they all have accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The clue is the word sculpted. It makes the mold more complex. I figure that has the potential to add to the cost. It's all speculative of course, but as we've got months of waiting to fill, it's a fun way to pass the time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I still doubt there will be any reveal at Tokyo Toy Show. Maybe just color MP43, but no MP44.

4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Don't think anyone's expecting a new reveal at TTS now. The past year has taught us not to be that optimistic :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Just the only big reveal that will keep us happy for a while is MP43 Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    That'll keep the BW collectors happy, sure.
    Me, I'm excited enough by 29+ (definite buy), 36+ (might buy) and 42 (probably won't buy, but damn that head will look good on the red repaint) for now, but I'd definitely like an announced of a brand new G1 character. Or even to see a little more of v3 Optimus Prime (which we could see at TTS).

A year with MP-40, MP-17+, MP-29+ and MP-36+ isn't the worst, but 2019 better make up for it big time.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I agree.

Hound and Trailbreaker seem likely that one of them will happen in 2019, maybe even both. But Jazz and Mirage are still unknown. I know lots would want them, but it's all about the Licensing problem.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What are yout talking about?.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of my personal release speculation for 2019 hinges on where the v3 Optimus falls.

If he's a summer release, it frankly doesn't look good. It will be a repeat of this year, where the big prominent release, Dinobot, was given a wide gulf of nothing before and after him. Takara was definitely trying to keep all attention on him, and not let anyone get distracted by anything else (and indeed I just read someone saying that MP43's reveal has dulled his anticipation for Dinobot slightly). Takara does not want this. If, on the other hand, v3 Optimus releases next November or December, there's some breathing room and time for other releases.

This close to TTS it's almost fruitless to even make predictions about 2019. We're sure to get an update on the v3 Optimus, it just depends on whether we see a fully painted finalized toy, a gray prototype, or more line art in a slideshow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Oh yes.. long arms like G1 toy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When is TTS again?

• Like Like x 1
  12. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    June 7th.

• Like Like x 4
  13. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Cool, thx

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    @Ikkstakk

Do you think we should still keep Jazz on the chart? Just thinking there hasn't been any strong rumors lately. It's just like Mirage.

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No strong rumors on anybody, really. The best pointer we have is still '84-'85 carbot after '84-'85 carbot gets done and little else G1 gets any attention. They won't do two Beasts in a row, so eliminate all of them, the last two G1s (Targetmaster Hot Rod and Cordon) were repaints so expect a new mold next... Black Ironhide is only getting heat because he's got a decent shot at the TTS exclusive slot, and Galvatron and Arcee are possible out-of-nowhere '86 Movie entries.

If TTS passes with nothing, Black Ironhide and Deep Cover will fall off completely and Mirage will pop right back on, just based on the linear nature of Takara's past releases. If you're a carbot, you automatically get good odds at this point.

• Like Like x 6
  16. BWfan86

News Credits:
    There were a bunch of posts in the last few days suggesting Hound, which I would personally be fine with as long as the alt mode doesn’t get the shaft and he is not more expensive than Sunstreaker.

17. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Just like Takara wouldn't do Bumblebee, Sunstreaker, Meagtron, and a dark purple Shockwave. Never say never. ;) 

I'd prefer if the next new mold was Hound, but I wouldn't say no to Skids, if only for some sweet Diaclone repaints.

• Like Like x 4
  18. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Specifically around the Dinobot release gulf and the reveal of BW Megatron, I'm pretty sure a big reason that there was such a gulf is that Dinobot presented some major design issues, however, I'm also pretty surprised they revealed Megatron as the next piece, and for a few reasons.

Optimus Primal and Cheetor were only separated by one release and four months, but it was a new mold who ended up being a weirdly big deal with Inferno, the month after Primal, followed by Cheetor three months later. They've made an effort in there to please both fan groups. They could announce a G1 mold at TTS, but I'm honestly wondering if they've run into a roadblock and that resulted in Megatron getting moved up because he was just about ready to go as a 1-2 punch like the Primal/Cheetor setup.

The other thing with BW Megs is that dealing with backlash around the price of Dinobot. Childish and impotent though it is, Takara have seen it and may want to deal with it. Getting the two most expensive BW guys out asap to just get past it could smooth the way after. Also, trying to deal with it by putting out a figure that more people will just buy because he's the big bad leader, in a similar way to MP-36, may be their way of just riding that out. People railed against MP-36's, price, but once they actually have him they tend to get real quiet real fast.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know that I'd say there were a bunch of posts, lol. There was a screencap on that Facebook page, and one other person said Hound too (which may have just been using that FB page as their source).

Then the rest of us made a bunch of posts about how happy we'd be to see Hound hehe.

• Like Like x 2
  20. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I think Hound is just the one that we all figure really ought to have happened by now. He and Blaster are just perpetually waiting in the wings in our minds, so whenever there's an impending announcement, we just go to them.

• Like Like x 3