The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    If it turns out to be a remold, cool, I personally don’t think it will be though. Besides the fact that neither of the people who say it’s a remold have a very good track record, there’s no way they could get that chest and upper arm from Mp-10. It may share his engineering, but until proven otherwise, i think it’ll be a new mold.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Norm West

Norm West Well-Known Member

Let's see how many of these you got right.

3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    The only reason I think people are thinking it might just be a reworked 'core' is because that's all that's been teased in this magazine.

It could just be a mistranslation somewhere along the line. They're teasing the new chest area, and people are misinterpreting that as a new chest area for MP-10.

There's no reason at all why they would keep any parts from MP-10, except maybe the trailer and roller.

• Like Like x 5
  4. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Maybe, but again, they could totally do a remold and keep using a some old molds to keep their cost down on the most complex existing elements of the figure. They've done it before with MP-11.

Think about it, the whole upper cab and abdominal could be almost exactly the same, that's the bulk of the small parts. They might even be able to add a bit of ab crunch without changing it too dramatically.

The forearms could be made shorter if the reengineered the transformation of them, and completely remove the need to mess with the upper arms other than some aesthetic changes to the pipes.

The legs calves could open up similarly to Megatron and the thighs could rotate in instead of collapse to allow for more detailed transformation, and that'd be minimal as well. They could do a ton to that mold to improve it with probably less than 50% parts.

5. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    That’s an extensive remold if this turns out to be true . Regardless, he’s bought the second he’s listed . It’s clear that when posed with Meg’s , he just can not perform the acts that 36 can pull off . Something as simple as having both arms grip his gun becomes a task that only a great photographer can pull off and make look epic .

• Like Like x 6
  6. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Oh gosh... please let him include a properly sized gun, I’m tired of using the one from MP-01!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I’m sure . Trust me , my minds racing about what possibilities can come from this . List can go on forever lol.

ONE thing I would like to see is the exclusion of his silver stripes on his arms when in bot mode . Hopefully , some Takara magic can make this happen.

• Like Like x 3
  8. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-10 is too easy to transform, doesn't have that joyful "I just transformed this toy and now my lap is covered in paint flakes" effect and it's Autobot symbol is too perfect and needs to look weirder. THIS CANNOT STAND!

Also you can see its wheels. WHEELS!?!?!!!!! THE HUMANITY!

• Like Like x 5
  9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Uber cartoon accuracy can never be deemed a mistake. It doesn't get any better than this ;) 

• Like Like x 9
  10. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they've done that before too! Inferno to Grapple was 50% new parts, so there's precedent.

Listen, all I'm saying is that we should be mentally prepared for a significant remold, all the way to totally new, but given that they are dealing with some financing issues, a remold would make sense, and let them have a pretty significant update to their cash cow character.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think this is a more likely explanation. It will no doubt share some design cues but aesthetically it'll be different and if this is really being made to compliment MP36 the articulation needs improving drastically. That being said I'd guess a few steps will be the same as MP01 & 10.....purely because it's the best way to do it for the character.

Oh and they best give us battle damage options.....maybe a few sound clips too :) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

The only thing I think Prime v3 and MP-10 should maybe share is The Matrix.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Norm West

Mmm, talking about guns, what if Takara remolds the MPM Optimus Prime for a BUSTER edition?, that figure will last 10 years (just as that movie) in 2019.

14. Norm West

Well it was already accurate since the first mp.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Parts wise I agree but transformation/engineering wise I'd put money on there being alot of similarities. V3 will just go further in cleaning up the robot mode. There are only so many ways you can get a G1 Prime transformed for the main part, the rest is aesthetics and streamlining.

Oh and the sound effects would probably be better in his nice chunky ion blaster.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Things I think he should include:
    Energy ax
    Full sized gun
    MP-10’s matrix
    Battle damage effects
    A new trailer
    Roller
    Cart/turret thing that can be interchanged with the main turret like in “fire in the sky”, and MTMTE
    Alternate faces
    Arm communicator

• Like Like x 7
  17. Dean ML

Sure, that's only natural, just like MP-1 and MP-10. I guess a gun with sfx could be cool. I was thinking sfx would come from his trailer but the gun would make more sense.

Only accessory I can think of I think would be cool we haven't mentioned is a translucent blaster effect to put on his gun (like Ironhide's flames, Inferno's water, etc). Maybe they could even make flame effects to recreate his iconic transformation in The Movie so you could display him with those on his flight stand.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Why don’t you work for Takara again?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dean ML

I'd do it for free! But my luck even the TT guys would say "omg fuck off you offishul ownly white knight" haha

• Like Like x 8
  20. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    That would be awesome!

[​IMG]

I think I'd prefer a light-up ion blaster, I'm not crazy about Japanese sound bites. Would've preferred the same for Megs, though I do love having the transformation sound at the touch of a button.

Anyone think they'll try doing light-up eyes?

[​IMG]

How often did they light up like that?

• Like Like x 9