The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no reason for MP-25+ to come with a toy-accurate face plate, since + releases are supposed to emphasise the cartoon looks. That's like expecting 17+ or 18+ to come with their toy-accurate launchers.

Anyway I think Tracks is accurate enough to the cartoon that he won't ever get a + version, nevermind the supposed success of the original release. I never understood why they gave his Autobot insignia a black outline, though.

If Tracks had sold better I would predict a reissue to coincide with the release of Blaster - and actually that could still happen anyway. Don't forget they were the popular pair-up in the cartoon.

20+, on the other hand, would work well with Hoist, right? Didn't they create the Aerialbots together? Definitely expecting some kind of + release at the end of this year, and I really hope it's Wheeljack.

I wonder if they'd save Road Hauler until they want to tease the Constructicons? Not quite the same as releasing Blaster's cassettes before Blaster himself, but we still would then expect some kind of companions for our green construction vehicle.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    TT actually hasn't even officially announced him yet, as far as I know. They seem very last minute and not caring with the MPM stuff. But yeah, he hasn't been shown at all yet.

3. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Personally, I could care less about the toy face but it would be a nice sweetener. I was thinking the easiest way for them to introduce him with alien mask,somehow I dont his is going to come with someone else's. It would be an easy repaint and lets them release a copy with fixed legs and chest. While I think his paintjob is the best, the metallic blue isnt actually toon accurate based on what we have seen from newer bots.
    Even though its that I dont think its enough connection with Hoist, unless they are releasing Superion soon for that connection. Barring Grimlock , Perceptor or Windcharger, some early arkbot makes the most sense.

4. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as TT understand that Wheeljack is most in need of the + treatment then I don't care who they 'pair' him with. I'd like a 17+, would love an 18+, but doesn't mean I think they should pair them with Trailbreaker, unless that means

[​IMG]

that Jazz is next!

I actually hope the + line is successful enough that they don't need to keep pairing the releases up at all.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm

Wonder Festival [Winter] Takaratomy booth

ワンダーフェスティバル 2018【冬】 トランスフォーマー情報|トランスフォーマーオフィシャルサイト|タカラトミー

In the product exhibition section, in addition to conducting a ban on lifting the "Movie New Series" and the fastest exhibition in Japan, the first show of "POWER OF THE PRIMES" that has been reserved beginning in December, new products of "That series" will also be on display is!
    In addition, "Chronological movie diorama" exhibited at the One Fest site in the summer also newly created "MV 4 & 5" newly.
    It is a must-see as it has become the quality as if you jumped out of the movie scene this time too! It's a must-see!
    We will also display the standing statements of popular characters in other movies, so please take a picture with us!

Does 'That series' refer to Masterpiece? Or something else? It fucking better!

• Like Like x 3
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    no something else

7. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, no mention of MPs in there.

As we gear up to the release of the Bumblebee movie my expectations are currently at zero for this year. Only way I can be sure not to be disappointed.

Of course the naive, optimistic side of my brain already has a space on the shelf for an MP Trailbreaker. You know, hedging my bets and that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 ***crickets*** :cry :cry 

Well, at least FT announced their Blurr.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

For G1 MPs this year, I wouldn't worry unless we're getting into May and there are still crickets. Inferno and Sunstreaker were both revealed in May, iirc, for December release.

Hey, @HolyCulture , are you kidding around? Because I'd wondered a while back if this long G1 lull was part of a plan to prepare us for Constructicons.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    I mean...there was that rumor regarding a long haul prototype sround the time Megatron was revealed...and I did hear as much from optibotimus at a con last summer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    What do you think they might be referring to?

12. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    I’ve learnt now to expect the worst, on MP reveals, as opposed to hoping for the best. That way I can’t be disappointed!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Prime135

News Credits:
    It’s either masterpiece or power of the primes. It depends on how you read the statement.

14. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yo. I’m just an American that lives in Korea. Zero contacts here. The entire population couldn’t care less about G1 here in Korea. Very rare. That being said I have no sources at all. I chat with @TCracker quite a lot. Nice guy but he doesn’t talk gossip and I don’t ask. So my Constructicons theory is only wishful thinking. I’m wishing real hard though haha

• Like Like x 3
  15. Prime135

News Credits:
    @TCracker got any info to share (good bad or otherwise, really don’t care at this point).

• Like Like x 3
  16. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OOooooh thanks! Looks much better than UT Buzzing. In my 3P MP buying spree the past couple of weeks, I almost bought the UT one. But the aesthetics were just too far off. This dude looks much better.

Thread for those who want to talk about it: FansToys ft39 Jabber

Thanks for the heads up, HandlesIT :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  Masterpiece is now just referred to as "That Series."

I mean I sometimes refer to my wife as "that woman" but never in her presence! :confused2 

• Like Like x 8
  18. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fact that it's in speech marks means "that series" can't refer to Power of the Primes, which was mentioned just before.

Still, doesn't mean we'll see anything brand new.

@Dean ML it saddens me to think we won't get a new G1 release until December, but you're right even an Ocober release could be revealed in March.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, iirc we've had a Feb reveal or two before for release around Oct. Fingers crossed!

20. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell, it's a while ago now but I'm pretty sure MP-17 was released in September but announced in March (maybe teased in February).