The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd buy the fuck outta that. I love my Diaclone Raiden.

2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Let's think about it, the first new mold MP (not counting MpMs) in the next year it's coming in July, literally half of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

What eases my mind is the fact that we've had a few periods where MPs were released in rapid succession, so fingers crossed it's gonna be a bitchin end to '18. Megatron and Dirge have kept me happy all year till Sunstreaker comes along, so Sunstreaker and Sideswipe+ should hold me over another 8-10 months. I think we'll see at least another + release, worst case scenario. I wonder if TT has some '86 movie MP figures planned for '19 in time for the Japanese 30th anniversary? Seems possible being that they celebrated Transformers 2010 (Japanese title for season 3) in 2010 and the BW 20th with Primal's release.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  4. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    I think the Hasbro Asia exclusives have added to the rapid succession. Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge weren't part of TT's output including all the exclusive repaints. It feels like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with MP15/16E Cassettes. I don't know what other on screen character could be a HA exclusive. They may just stick to obscure repaints.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

No doubt they added to it, but looking at wide TT releases for G1 characters (not necessarily molds), there was the end of '13 for the Datsuns, end of '14 for Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and Ultra Magnus, early '16 for Ironhide, Hot Rod, Shockwave, and Ratchet, and even Inferno, Grapple, and Megatron were about five months apart, so we still had some release "flurries".

One of several unique things about Dinobot is his release date. I don't believe there's been a summer release for a unique mold since I've been collecting MPs going back to '13. I'm hoping it's due to a busy fall quarter for G1 MPs. Oooorrr... could be they needed to get him out before they're busy churning out BB Movie toys.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I think it was some more MPMs in the radar which is why I wasnt to optimistic for this year. Im hoping the news that japanese fans have became more open to 3P forces them to pick up the pace. I think management more so then the designers undervalued what the customers wanted to see in the line, as it has mostly centered around leader types and d iaclones. I think part of the problem is they havent seen anything outside of that formula as being successful especially in Japan. Im really hoping something gets fastracked to release either before or soon after Dinobot.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

While I'm waiting patiently for MPM05 preorders at HLJ, I get handed family members' Christmas lists.

My brother wants PE Leonidas. Between this, the BIG upcoming LGs, MBs and Dinobot, I'm gonna be broke for a very long time. :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    Wait, you and your brother collect??? That sounds awesome!!! Or potentially horrible...one of the two...

• Like Like x 1
  9. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

He collects more than just Transformers. I only collect Transformers. He's bought himself Transformers pieces he's seen and liked in my collection.
    While I don't own PE Leonidas, he saw him on one of the etailers websites and really liked him. I'm hoping Leonidas will still be available somewhere on December 1st, my next big payday.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    July: MP41 Dinobot
    August: MPM6 Ironhide
    September: MP42 Galvatron
    October: MP20+ Wheeljack
    November: MP43 Rattrap
    December: MPM7 Bumblebee (Beetle)

Subject to change as always, but those are today's guesses.

In fairness, what is more interesting than leader types and Diaclones?

• Like Like x 2
  11. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be fairly happy with that lineup as I would pick up MP20+, Rattrap, and Beetle Bee for sure.

Agreed that those are the more interesting figures (although for me, diaclone > leaders)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If only there were 2 Beast Wars figures a year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Think of them like cliff notes the bare basics. Which is fine in the beginning of the line . As the line grew and became more popular customers expectations changed. As mps happened that people thought would never happen; Ironhide, Inferno, and Coneheads expectations grew. It was no longer illogical that there could be triple changers or Insecticons or even combiners. Our expectations for the line grew but Id guess TT management saw the original idea waa enough.
    If all they even planned on making is some leader types and diaclone car then they are pretty much on schedule to get that done in 10yrs. What they have been doing all this time makes more sense, since there was never any real plan to go farther than that.

14. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Hopefully the 4th BW MP will be a Pred, Waspinater perhaps.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    For sure, it's time for a Pred. But my vote goes to Tarantulas. Let's see how good TT are at hiding bulk in bot-mode. That's their next party trick.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm not going to lie that would really piss me off. 1 new G1 in 2018? That smells alot like Hasbro.

I want them to wake the hell up & smell the coffee then remember that MPM was supposed to be a subline.
    Id settle contently for something like..

Feb: MP40 & MP21 & MP22 reissue
    Mar: MP20+
    Apri: MPM5 Barricade
    May: Hasbro Asia - Ghost Starscream
    June: MP42 Hoist
    June: Tokyo Toy Show - Slicer
    July: MP 41 Dinobot
    August: MPM6 Ironhide
    September: MP43 Trailbreaker & MP13+
    October: MP44 Rattrap
    Nov: MP45 Blaster & Steeljaw. MP46/47 Cassette pack
    Dec: MPM7 Bumblebee (Beetle)

Galvatron: Jan 2019

• Like Like x 4
  17. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I like that schedule, buuut I think it might be quite hopeful to get Hoist or Trailbreaker before Dinobot. I can’t remember, but there has been a case where someone got released out of order before, right? Was it a clear production issue, something like that?

That said, it’d be very cool to get one of them or maybe Hound into this coming year with Blaster or Galvatron confirmed at the very least for a 2019 release.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The only time I can remember was sometime around MP11-14 I think the numbers got a bit jumbled because of scheduling.
    I'd hope this would happen again in response to the growing 3P presence and the previous two consumer surveys.

Hound would be so good! I'd be real happy ending 2018 with just needing Mirage and Jazz to finish off the original 84 lineup.
    Judging from Feb they are bolstering the Movie ranks with the repaint & reissues (exo suit Spike included) Galvatron or the other Movie guys must surely be in development! Especially after the numbers MP36 has done.

Lets wait and see haha.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something about those shots of Dinobot, Primal and Cheetor together is telling me they're going ahead with Rattrap and Rhinox before any Predacons.

Now that schedule is packed... :eek: 

• Like Like x 6
  20. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wasn't it MP14 Redalert released before MP13 Soundwave?

• Like Like x 5