The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

Moonracer MP anyone?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    ....Not before a long list of other characters.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I would've much rather had MP Moonracer over the waste of plastic that is MP Road Rage.

I really do hope we see MPs of Moonracer, Chromia, Elita One and even Glyph.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    If by Glyph, you mean, blue Bumblebee, that is possible, unlikely but possible.

The thing about Road Rage is not the character but the diaclone homage and the easy repaint from a business standpoint. It was just good fortune she was a female character in recent fiction.

If we are requesting figures that have to require all new molds and lack repaint potential, I choose any of the Constructicons.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

Robot Corvettes are never a waste!

Agree with second statement :p 

6. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think we can count on Hasbro buying into ANY G1 MPs, anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Norm West

Norm West Well-Known Member

At this point the mpm line seems a failure.

I hope hasbro don't screw up another mp line again.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Initially it was $55 on the website...

9. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yeah I think that's what I paid. Thought it was around $65 though. It was years ago though so memory is fuzzy :) 

10. chris settlemoir

chris settlemoir Well-Known Member

if so when do you think if not why do you think not?

11. SpiderManchild

SpiderManchild Banned

Is there a demand for one since Downbeat? I know I'm content with it.

12. chris settlemoir

huh?

13. SpiderManchild

SpiderManchild Banned

Since they made Downbeat, is there enough people who would want Jazz by TT to warrant production?
    I'm happy with Downbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read the past 12 pages. Man. What an unpleasant chore that was. I fixed the problem though. Now the board seems a little more positive haha. I'm excited to get the TT version this month from AE :D 

• Like Like x 2
  15. chris settlemoir

i honestly did not know

16. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Jazz has been a contentious one since the Alternator days, since his traditional alt mode is a Porsche, and the company is uneasy licensing their cars for 'war toys'.

Alternator Jazz/Meister was originally released as a Mazda, but it seems that Takara is holding out for as G1 accurate an alt mode as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  17. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

Oh come on, Bumblebee is a Volkswagen. Porsche is owned by Volkswagen. I think the real issue is not the alt mode, but the paintjob. The Martini racing livery is trademarked, and that might be a point of contention. Although, Jazz in the cartoon has a very different deco in relation to the toy, so going with the super cartoon accurate look that MP figures have now, that's probably not a problem. Although, even if their parent company has done a license with Takara does not mean that Porsche would continue to refuse. I personally find it kind of silly. I mean, I know why Porsche is uneasy with licensing their cars for "war toys", and it has nothing to do with such BS brand image, and everything to do them wanting people to forget that they built Tiger tanks during WW2. I find it silly because Jazz is a nice guy Autobot. There is a potential way out though, which has some precedence. Back in 2007, with the first movie, Barricade was not a licensed Mustang, but a licensed Saleen customized Mustang. A similar thing could be done if Takara approached a restomod company called Singer, who customize Porsches, although I think it's an older kind of 911, and not what Jazz turns into. Or, maybe it is a really big legal minefield, as copyrights can be, and Takara simply doesn't want to open that can of worms.

• Like Like x 2
  18. 19Jazz84

19Jazz84 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I personally love Jazz as a character and as an overall character design so I'm definitely on board for as many as possible. I have Downbeat and he is damn near perfect, but there are some things that could be improved (the tolerances of the torso/shoulders, the lower leg transformations, etc.). I have to second @Imperator's point of the licensing being a major impeding factor in TT making a Jazz. If you think about it, we've gotten figures of most of the "big-name" Season 1 Autobots (Prime, Prowl and the other Datsuns, Ironhide, Ratchet, BB, Sideswipe, etc.) so I'm sure Jazz has been talked about and maybe entered into the design stage, but Porsche is stopping it from going any further. But as we've seen with Sunstreaker (although it's a different situation), it's not impossible for TT to find a way to make the licensing work. Takara could theoretically make a Jazz with an alt mode that is Porsche-esque but is just different enough to escape any potential licensing issues. I think the easiest way for Takara to be able to avoid the licensing all together is to design it HARDCORE G1 toon and make it as plain as possible, but I doubt it would as well received as one that was a little more realistic.

I personally would buy at least one, but probably 2-3 MP Jazzes, no matter what they ended up doing for the alt mode, but personally I would prefer something similar to Downbeat where it's got a somewhat realistic alt-mode with a simpler toon paintjob. In the perfect world, I'd have different official MP Jazzes encapsulating the toon, toy, and a Hasui-esque "perfect representation"/real-world version of Jazz. If I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with the last one, and then use reprolabels to achieve the other looks.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    lol, as much as I agree with the sentiment, I think you ended up in the wrong thread :p 

20. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooh. Yes I did indeed haha! Well I am still excited to get MPM-04 from AE this month. It will be my first purchase with them. I'm excited to see how cheap the shipping will be and how fast it will be.

• Like Like x 1