The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

It's going to be a close call. But TT could just put a MP Shockwave silhouette out there like they did for Soundwave, that would do the trick. Though having shown that sneaky glimpse of the actual CG render already, they could even just release a proper pic of that as teaser for MP Shocky. All it would take, if stories of a backlog of existing MP designs are true, is a reshuffling of the upcoming MP candidates. Would probably push those who are already on the table even further down the line (Megs 2, UM, Galvatron) which is a shame as we seem to have been waiting for ages for news or teasers of those guys.
    No news as far as I know. My guess would be the 30th anniversary as a good time for Hasbro to do a mini-range of MP cars (the characters that started it all, sort of thing).

2. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing would make me happier!

3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Yes.

Very strong rumours of Prowl for starters which makes sense as they have had a long history with Nissan (Datsun) so by extension you'd expect Bluestreak and Smokescreen....although an insider did say not to expect the latter IIRC.

With the Lambo license I'd say Sunstreaker has gotta have good odds at some point too.

The rest are anyones guess as it always comes back to licensing etc

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Show exclusives; I would say either Starscream or Soundwave.

Rumblings; none as of yet.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe the question being asked was if the cars would be released stateside, :thumb .

6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    really hoping mp12 gets a hasbro release then hopefully the hole thing will be the same colour instead of different shades of red then i can have him in car mode and bot mode for the takara one i'm getting

7. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Ahhhhh my bad. I missed the Hasbro part.....much like most of their releases.

8. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok thanks. We'll have to wait and see if they react.

A CG image would probably do it but I'm an impatient soul and others may be too, so even a CG image wouldn't sink the FP version. Even if an image is released then it could a year or more before a release. A prototype would scupper the FP one almost completely. Whatever happens then at least one MP Shockwave is almost here, which has me grinning ear to ear.

9. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

They may just wait until then to bring MP Soundwave here. He's better for an anniversary item as he's more iconic than any of the Autobot cars.

Any guess if Blaster could be a possible future MP? It would be great to have him (and MP Bot cassettes) to go up against Soundwave and his minions. I'll assume TakTom knows a recolored Soundwave would not suffice if they were to make Blaster.

10. Psycho Grimlock

Psycho Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If we're being all pie-in-the-sky and calling for things like MP Fortress Maximus (BTW am I the only person who NEVER liked him?) why not Computron? It would at least be interesting to see TT actually make the component bots do something, like move and have alternate modes. I've never bought any iGear MP's, but some of them do look tempting. For some REALLY messed up logic, I'd like to see TT work new popular TF Prime characters into the MP fold: Skyquake/Dreadwing practically BEG for it, and c'mon, who here wouldn't like to see a 3' tall MP Unicron? Hasbro could always do one of those awful crossovers, and re-use a modified mold for a Death Star; retail would be a grand, just because.

Realistically, I think an MP Galvatron done right would totally take the wind out the Fanstoys Shockwave's sails,(gun vs gun) and the Ultra Magnus based on MP10 in the pic looks promising, but not up to true MP par yet, IMO. Given the big push with Shockwave in current show, I wouldn't be surprised to see a MP of him, and remember, Starscream got the MP treatment BEFORE Megatron. Speculative enough?

11. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    We're only about 3 months away from the farthest MP release that we know of, MP-16. I would expect some news of what is to come beyond that any day now.

12. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    No I don't like the overrated brick either and the constant fawning over it gets boring.....not sure how Galvatron would take the wind out of a third party Shockwave tho? Totally different characters that would both be bought. It would have to be an official Shockwave to affect sales.

13. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    I was pretty sure the next one would be Galvatron for a while after Hot Rod, since they covered the big guys from the original cast and one of the two big guys from the second cast. But now that they've gone as obscure as Sideswipe, I think all bets are off. The next masterpiece could be just about anyone.

I know I'm a blasphemer, but I wouldn't mind a good Bumblebee in scale with MP-10. They may not have been the iconic autobots back then, but recent media has definitely forced me into the camp of liking to see my Optimus with a Bumblebee.

14. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like to see skyfire done before any other masterpieces (except shockwave and perhaps jazz). The likes of ultra Magnus and galvatron can keep, especially since we've never had a good version of him (never keen on the classics one, which is too small especially considering the size of figures like powerglide)

15. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    never been a big fan but as said would love an mp of the comic book scaled fort max but thats something we would never ever see from takara be good if a third party took this on tho

16. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

autobots needed...
    sunstreaker
    skyfire
    blaster (come on FT)
    hound
    trailbreaker
    hoist

decepticons needed...
    Shockwave (thanks FT!)
    astrotrain
    blitzwing
    octane
    galvatron
    cyclonus
    scourge

17. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No your not the only one. I never cared for really any of the city bots. I mean I think Trypticon is cool, but he should have never been a city.

18. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread went from total speculation to total wants thread... Getting lame without insider's.

19. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    100% this /\.

20. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    I blame the stupid sunstreckor and friends poll. Can't a mod remove it?