The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I didn't say or mean impossible or never, I meant nobody was expecting him anytime soon. Nobody was expecting for him to be revealed so soon. ;) 

2. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I'd say that this is the actual point of the talk in the interview - they know that they're facing some licensing challenges for the last few '84 carbots in particular :9 they're working on making the licensee happy wherever they can. That's exactly why they've made the foldout super-charger setup for Sunny.

I said a few days ago that I think that they're going to the next licensor on the chain and probably pointing to the newest figures and literally saying "look how hard we worked to please X and Y. We want to do that with you too" specifically because of that interview. I think it's also why Sunstreaker may be a $20ish more than past releases (we don't know his final price point yet). They have to do more to secure that character, and that may require more design or license budget.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bscalimero3

bscalimero3 Well-Known Member

How could I miss the reveal of Sunstreaker?

Just checked the pics. Holy hell, he is an absolute beauty. It is in deed amazing how Takara just nails the look every time. I love my Badcube Sunsurge, but the Original puts it to shame. Just the good old Takara Magic letting the Symbol dissapear from the hood and placing it on the roof.
    I am very happy with this.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    They could release the Mini-Bots next to the bigger BW characters.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

I'm convinced Takara just has a pile of prototype MP figures with appropriate presentation materials attached sitting by the door to the design office. On their way to shows they just grab one and that's the next MP.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Remember

Just 5 days more.

7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Yup, I've always said the same. I'd imagine figures are designed and prototyped whilst licensing is being discussed. If it never gets cleared they're just shelved but I'm absolutely certain Jazz exists in physical form. In fact I'd bet all the Ark crew do at some stage of the process. Maybe very early protos but there nevertheless.

• Like Like x 4
  8. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Rhinox and Brawn could be a very cool team :D 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker can be had 75 USD shipped from Premium Collectibles. Hopefully an indication of what the real price is gonna be closer to in the end.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for my Cheetor from Premium Collectibles. They're having some big stock, PR and customer service problems.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If they can just show a silhouette of Jazz at Tokyo Toy Show, that would be awesome. Don't need to know what number it is or when it's coming out. Just as long as it's confirmed.

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, they are sold at mass retail in Japan, I think.

• Like Like x 2
  13. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Yes they sold at TRU and other toy shops and electronics/appliance shop. You can't compare them to Gundam but yeah you can pick them up in stores. AmiAmi has a store in Akihabara.

What if they rolled out Dinobot and Grimlock 2.0?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    And what if... they were the same figure? Buh-buh-buuummm...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tenebre

Tenebre Horrorcon

Agreed, let's not jump to the conclusion that the minibots are imminent. The remaining minibots will require 11 new, unique molds. Even if TT has plans to do all of them (I'm sure the designers want to), it will take a looooong time to get them all out, at least if they stay at their current pace of 3-4 new molds per year. And I'd love to see a Bugbite from the Bumblebee mold. I'm surprised we haven't seen more Bee redecos.

I hope so. MP-39 hasn't gone up for preorder at any of the Japanese shops, has it?

• Like Like x 6
  16. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Obese chocoholic

News Credits:
    I suggested exactly that recently and got shot down for being a "wet blanket". But apparently that interview is now gospel which means every single character will be released and in quick succession.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    When they mentioned they rotate with G1 and BW, you don't think at some point they will start RID 2001?

18. Tenebre

Tenebre Horrorcon

I know there's been a lot of back and forth on this thread between the optimists and the pessimists with the future of the MP line. I know I'm not trying to be a "wet blanket" when I point out that I just don't see any ramping-up of the MP line. Remember all the moaning about the slow pace of the line and G1 MPs being dead before MP-39 was revealed? That seems to be forgotten now. I'm just trying to manage my own expectations, that's all. Everything I say is IMHO, of course. I'm not telling anyone else not to be optimistic. I dearly hope they're right. I could be completely wrong and would love to be. I'd love for TT to announce a couple minibots, a Dinobot, a Triple Changer, and the first member of a combiner team for 2018.

But the plain facts are for that to happen, TT has to start cranking out new molds quicker than they have been. We got 5 new molds in 2016; we will get 3 new molds in 2017, 4 if Dinobot makes it out before the end of the year. Which year is the anomaly? Was 2016 just a happy accident that we got so many molds in that year and 2017 is more the norm, or is 2016 going to be the new norm and 2017 is just the calm before the storm? Time will tell.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Tenebre

Tenebre Horrorcon

They might at some point. An MP RID Scourge/G2 Laser Prime seems like money in the bank.

My goodness, can you imagine the nerd-rage in this thread if TT announces RID MPs? Both G1 and BW folks will finally find something to agree on: complaining that RID is taking away slots. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Only G1 and BW for me.