The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Nah I will buy them all just to prevent you, nobody should propagate this foul sound, plus I am entititled to spend my money as I wish.

In all seriousness, take a chill pill bro and dont take everything you read litteraly :lol :lol :lol :lol 

2. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ooh, I don't know about that. The Beast Wars characters (like the Dinobots before them) spent AT LEAST half the time in alt mode. Obviously it wouldn't be as clean and natural looking as the show, but if it was a "mess", I'd be really, really disappointed!

Primal and Cheetor turned out pretty awesome in both modes, though, so I'm not terribly worried.

• Like Like x 3
  3. pilot00

The BW MPs have been the best releases (detailwise) IMHO, up to date. Cant see why this would be an exception.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

And adding that stuff usually affects articulation, etc. I agree, make up your own sounds.

Also, had a thought; given that we're getting an MP Sunstreaker that can transform into both toy/cartoon accurate alt-mode and real-world mode, I feel that we may not get an MP Jazz with dual door wing options. They may just be shooting for cartoon accuracy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I could see that happening, too. But it would be a shame - I don't think any of us need to be toy designers to imagine that it would be really, really easy to have them be able to just fold out at the back...

One reason I could see them doing it is so that would be the "official" robot mode for the Stepper repaint.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pilot00

It always depends when the light and sound system is embeded (in order to cause limitations). Take Mp36 for example, it didnt cause any problems.

7. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just tried to say that Sunstreaker's gun is a hint that Jazz is coming :p 

8. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Ok so I've checked the past few pages to see if this picture was posted here and discussed. I didn't see it so if I missed it forgive me. But....is this real? IMG_1571.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fake.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    While I certainly have high expectations for the robot mode, I wouldn't call what we've seen with Primal or Cheetor a mess. The underbelly and back of the legs will have to have some compromises, but doubt it will be horrible

A big question that popped in my head is how they would do alternate beast faces...they've done it to this point, but those are smaller and/or just the face rather than a whole dino head.

• Like Like x 2
  12. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've got to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with Cheetor in particular. Primal's beast mode isn't exactly a massive stretch. Even his old ultra toy is prerty damn good. Cheetor isn't bipedal though, so that's that much more work you have to do to change arms and legs in and out, and they managed it pretty nicely.

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Dreamed about MP Jazz last night. Man I wish I never woke up.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    I don't think those have been confirmed, though. The designer said that the design team intends to do them, or would like to, but that doesn't mean the suits are giving them the green light on any of them.

I do hope that if we get some minibots, we eventually get the Gobot repaints:

Ehobby Minibots.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Nobody thought TT would get the okay from Lamborghini to release Sunstreaker, anytime soon. We were all pleasantly surprised when MP39 Sunstreaker was revealed last week.
    So I have zero doubt that MP Jazz WILL come to fruition.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Somehow I think if the suits hadn't cleaed the ideas of minibots , it would not have saw print. These aren't hot mike situations, these designer interviews are more promotional than anything. Chances are this interview was typed up , submitted aand signed off on by some higher ups. It's been discussed before Takara keeps a tight lip on future plans, chances are if they don't have a problem coming out and publicizing their plans its something barring the collapse of the line or WWIII is likely to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, we've got a Bumblebee now, but can we get him in any colors besides gold and red? No. No we cannot.*

*Little salty about this.

• Like Like x 2
  18. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely not going to be idw comic based livery. I'll be shocked if he has any real life livery at all, honestly. They went with faux markings on smokescreen, after all.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  19. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

What if they start a Year of the Minibots plan ? There have enough Minibots available to release one per month

They could be be released next to others characters like carbots or BW characters

• Like Like x 1
  20. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

I don't remember anyone who actually knew anything about it or could think, claiming it would be impossible for TT to get the license to make a MP Sunstreaker.

I do remember several people stating that Sunstreaker would be more difficult because neither the toy nor the animation model was an accurate Lamborghini, while still instantly recognisable as one, and thus needing a license while the show model couldn't be licensed.

And everybody who said that, was proven right by the Sunstreaker design interview. Sunstreaker as he was in the cartoon and the toy couldn't be made under license. Lamborghini insisted on it being an actual Lamborghini Countach. And thus MP Sunstreaker transforms into an existing Lamborghini model, while things like the different rearend and most notably the suoperchargers are transformable. (They couldn't do the spoiler that way, though.)

If Porsche is indeed saying no because of the WW2 legacy (and Porsche granting the license to model kits or model cars is then not the same as granting it for a transforming robot that fights in a war), then either TT will not be able to get the license to make a MP Jazz, or they will have to find a way around it.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 4