The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    See for me I just love Transformers. My childhood favourite and preference is G1, but I have no beef with MP Beast Wars, or movie stuff. There's room for everyone living in these wonderful times of releases, engineering and availability.

I secretly hope for some MP Animated at some point!

Transformers, as a brand is in rude health at the moment, and it should be celebrated.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

I don't think anyone would complain if an MP Jazz was released without any weapons. We just want Jazz. I highly doubt that's the problem, though. Bumblebee was released with a gun.

Yes, a thousand times yes. New characters, please.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I care only minimally about G1. In fact, after getting Masterpiece G1 Megatron, I pretty much got everyone I care about, being only the main star characters (optimus, soundwave, grimlock, rodimus). I would much rather they dropped G1 altogether, as they did everyone of any real importance (except maybe jazz). So you see, I know exactly how you feel.

Personally, I would like to see

2017: Dinobot, Tigertron

2018: BW Megatron, Blackarachnia, Rattrap, Airrazor, Waspinator

2019: Inferno, Rhinox, Terrorsaur, Tarantulus, Scorponok

2020: Quickstrike, Silverbolt, TM Optimus, TM Megatron, TM Rattrap

2021: TM Cheetor, TM Tarrantulus, Rampage (with Transmutate), Depthcharge

2022: Optimal Optimus, TM 2 Cheetor, TM 2 Megatron, TM2 Dinobot, Tigerhawk

And then look, beast wars is fully done! Then you can go back to G1!

However, I would personally go absolutely broke with this schedule. So maybe let's stick to the alternating between G1 and Beast Wars so everyone gets what they want, and I can still afford rent. I understand that you want what you want, I do too, but try to not go overboard in selfishness where we wish to deprive others so we don't need to wait as long. There's enough room in this fandom for everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  4. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

On top of that, it wouldn't be too hard for Takara to release exclusive weapons or something. You wouldn't see him in any adds or trade sheets with his rifle, but if that was the difference - having to kinda work around the issue that way - I'd certainly be fine with a carbot coming with a mysterious extra rifle.

Thankfully he was one of the characters that wasn't animated with his shoulder cannon, so that makes it a wee little bit easier too.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Keeno

Keeno New Guy

These two together really doesn't bother me. I think they look fine. I kinda like that there's a different aesthetic on some of these figures. To me, it gives the whole MP collection a certain charm. That's just me tho.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

Well, I was not really enamored with the 'lipstick on a pig' slight refresh of the original MP seeker mold. The MP-11 did not add enough to what is essentially the second mold ever designed for the Masterpiece line. Waist swivel? Naw it's the whole aspect of their whole range of articulation being hindered and more suited for the display on a stand they had going on back then. If Takara were to design a seeker to fit in with their current trend of dynamic poseability it would make the old one obsolete in much the same way Takara releasing any new mold makes a stand in unofficial MP obsolete most of the time.

I do cringe and feel bad for some of the people who have thousands or tens of thousands of dollars worth of the MP3 and MP11 based mold but, eh, it only really fits in the line currently because by coincidence it was designed at a size that would be adopted later as the reboot scale.

I do myself have about $800 worth of mp3/mp11 based seekers so would be taking a hit as well don't get me wrong.. but it would be worth it to have all the figures designed with more modern poseability in mind.

recap: Most of the seeker design is well over 11 years old now, the second ever mold designed for the Masterpiece line. It works as a placeholder, but feels out of place compared to any recent more dynamic post mp-10 design.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

I think all that Sideswipe needs is a lightly painted face, like what was done on MP-14+. I have two 'Swipes, maybe I'll paint one of the faces light grey.

8. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    What else did he tell me say? :popcorn 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just wish TT would pick up the pace. I'm fine with them alternating between lines, but not the slow pace. Pending any other announcements were looking at what 1 to 2 new molds per year a line. G1 we have Megatron and Sunstreaker. Beast Wars is Cheetor and maybe Dinobot if he gets released this year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Nah.

We'll be Devastated before that happens

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You left out the entirety of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. Knowing how much the MP line relies on repaints to remain viable, we can be sure we'll get numerous characters from both of these lines in the years to come, as there are several figures from the original line that got reused in the sequel lines (some of them were even being used for the first time in Japan).

• Like Like x 2
  12. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

I Would be stoked to get a Jazz with his grappling hook, sound and light show, awesome paint job and livery and hopefully his bass from the IDW comics

13. GearsRollo

It's all about that robo-bass.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Is the TTS this weekend or next?

15. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

Next--
    Schedule (from their website):
    IMG_1755.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

Which I think means 4pm WST on Thursday, June 1st we could start seeing photos ...as that corresponds to the beginning of the public day of the show.
    (Or something could leak before then? But I believe others have indicated this is rare/unprecedented.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

I can't wait to enjoy MP Transformers: Animated figures when I'm in my 70's.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Next

• Like Like x 2
  19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  20. GearsRollo

I think given that we got the Sunstreaker reveal this past Monday, it may mean that we, as the old skool fan community, have been given most of what we're getting for the show. Sunday might have a Dinobot/Sunstreaker thing, but it'd be pretty reasonable to expect that with the movie coming out shortly, it's going to be focused on promoting those products.

• Like Like x 2