The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

Watch beast wars again bud and you'll get ur nostalgia factor right there...yup it's dated but the story is compelling and the inclusion of G1 makes it amazing for any true transformers fan. Seeing G1 Optimus Prime in his only real CG/3D form "which looked great btw" had me sitting on the edge of my seat.... I'm a total G1 fan amd seeing great battles, transformations and story that incorporated Gen1 made me a fan for life...give me astrotrain or any G1 character all day but I also long for Transmetal Megatron or Tigerhawk as well. Oh and please include the Voyager golden disc with Dinobot Takara!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I was saying it's great that it's feeling like the 90's again...

3. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My #1 and #2 are two separate issues, that you apparently didn't read.

#1: "war toys" - There is no proof anywhere that the reason Porsche was hard to license was because of the "war toys" issue. That quote (as I previously stated) came from one guy's post in like 2002 with no source. Later someone else said Porsche was hard to license with (as you stated) but NOT because of a "war toys" angle. Beyond that, they have now licensed Bumblebee so it appears to be moot. You can quote to me about Nazi Germany all you want, but unless someone at VW/Porsche says it, its not a fact. It is one guy saying something once on the internet, with absolutely no proof.

#2: Exhaust - Exhaust has an American tobacco company trademark design on it. The US has very strict rules about marketing tobacco to kids. Jazz's livery isn't tobacco, its alcohol. They are not the same, period. Beyond that, all they need to do is change the logo slightly and use another word and its fine. on Exhaust, it was the shape of the red/white colors on the toy, not the name.

#3: Sunstreaker - Again, no one has talked to Lamborgini at all about this, so we don't know. All we know is he hasn't been made yet. It may or may not be because of the extra parts, they may or may not care. It is absolutely speculation by the people on this board.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I think some of us would prefer if it felt like the 80's again or 84',85' anyway.:D 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Clearly, but for me the 90's is where it's at. Especially with Transformers~

6. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    Nah, the mid to late 2000's were the true TF reinesance. We had animated, we had the first classics line, we had beast wars 10th, we had the first movie, which love it or hate it brought in a lot of revenue for the brand and brought it back to the public spotlight.

Also the early 2000's were great, but chances are if you didn't grow up with the UT, you won't agree with me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

So what I'm trying to get across to you is that that actually isn't logic, it's possibilities that you're trying to sell as a fact by ignoring a lot of strong indicators and things like trends. That's pretty much wild speculation in a nutshell.

You also tend to poke the fan divide bear with a stick and then throw your hands up and declare that you're just joking, so quite frankly, I've got no idea where you ever stand, but you're acerbic enough that you don't come off as a kindly fan so you'll just have to forgive that you're not always read how you suggest you wish to be.

Now, the fact is that your opinion, and I'll guess hope, is that 39 will be Dinobot, and there's a solid chance of that. However, there's also a decent chance that it won't be. Personally, I'm pulling for a double reveal, which is a fair long shot, but Shockwave and Hot Rod got shown together, so there's a precedent at least.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  8. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm forming an opinion based on available data. In this instance, it's led by the presence of the silhouette. That is entirely logical. I'm dumbfounded that you could consider it wild speculation, especially in this of all threads, where fans spend most of their time posting little more than wishlists.

Wild speculation is based on nothing. If I was to say MP-39 will be TM2 Dinobot, that would be wild speculation.

Please point out to me where I've poked the G1 bear in this discussion. I'm genuinely curious.

The name is on the door. Speculation Thread. But apparently speculating that MP-39 will be Dinobot because he alone has received a silhouette reveal is just too damn wild for this thread.

You want to talk about drawing a line of conflict? Look at some of the recent posts. "It's starting to feel like the 90's again" "More BW Masterpieces makes me sad". That's divisive.

I could go and start a BW Masterpiece Speculation thread of course, but ideally, there should be no need. It's all the same line, much to the chagrin of some of the posters in here.

9. Verno

News Credits:
    Oh, and while you're at it, @GearsRollo, you can also point out to me where I tried to sell my opinion as fact. Was it when I made a joke about Dinobot walking from the Pred base to the Axalon? Or when I said I was speculating? Or perhaps when I agreed with you that Dinobot could be any MP between 39 and 44?

10. GearsRollo

Your purposely misconstruing my point here. I'm not calling you out for speculating, I'm saying that you're calling it speculation, but trying to pass that as a fact, and then attempting to smooth the intensity of your statements by pointing to vague "others". I call that wild speculation because it's hinging on one point, and again, ignoring others.

So right there you're drawing battle lines. I don't think it helps when other people do it either, but all you're doing by playing the other side is legitimizing them being dicks.

I don't really want to keep arguing with you. I don't think you're going to actually take on anything I'm trying to get through to you on, so I'm just going to call this now and go back to fun wish lists.

11. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't know if you're trying to wind me up mate or if you don't read.
    I really don't post much, I prefer to read and lurk but you're drawing me into this.

1. I just gave a vast number of reasons to support the "war toys" theory, even threw in a youtube video explaining the origins of the company. Been to Germany many times, interacted with Germans on a daily basis. Explained that anything referencing war is very sensitive to them culturally. There is no proof of that statement from 2002 being true, but there is alot of evidence that supports it as having legs to stand on. We shall find out the day Jazz is made and we get the designer interview.
    VW & Porsche are not the same thing. They are under the same umbrella but operate almost as equal entities.
    VW and Porsche have very different branding identities & vastly different customer basis. Bumblebee is a positive sign; yes! But it doesn't guarantee anything has changed from Porsche's stand point, they have different executives from VW, the same way Bugatti & Audi do under the same VW umbrella.

2. It doesn't matter what the hell the livery advertises, that was never my point. Exhausts one tried to masquerade as a Marlboro one without paying the fee so they got reprimanded. The laws in Japan don't necessarily reflect the U.S. Its a Japanese figure.
    THE POINT: PORSCHE will never ever ever ever ever allow for a legitimate special edition Porsche 935 to have fake markings and made up logos. Please try and find a licensed version that has your made up logos, I'll wait.
    Remember how fussy Lamborghini were with Lambor and his paint job leading to all types of problems?
    In the meantime I'll show you what a licensed 935 looks like. This is what we will get, wether or not some of the sponsors will be optional stickers remains to be seen.

[​IMG]

3. Yes no one knows. The running theme of this thread is no one really knows anything. Its a speculation thread.
    What makes speculation interesting is us making educated guessed & sharing insider whispers we hear that allow us to apply logic to why, when or if we see X-Y-Z.
    Saying "ahh you don't have proof, you don't have proof!!" would make this thread pointless & turn it into an official announcement thread.

Logic tells us Sunstreaker has a different destiny. The Lambor mold has been milked to death and as Hasui said much birthed the Masterpiece line as we know it. I would say Tigertrack was a fill in just like Red Bumblebee due to something behind the scenes.
    I personally have always felt they may just be waiting to release him last out of the carbots as he was the first Transformer, paying homage to that. Who knows. Don't get bent out of shape its just a hobby.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Verno

News Credits:
    Do you know what that is? That, right there, is pure, unadulterated, rampantly wild speculation on your part.

Bot calling the kettle black mate.

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It defiantly won't hurt the process, I think Jazz is inevitable but I have doubts just how soon.

• Like Like x 3
  14. GearsRollo

@Emperor Bruticus IV what about the idea that they might license the model and include stickers? They couldn't get the Red Cross rights for Ratchet and went that direction.

Now, it could be that this wouldn't work with the Martini, I don't honestly know much about that case, but it might be an option option for Jazz and maybe Mirage with the livery situation?

15. unexistance

unexistance MP Gen-0 Collecting Officer

I don't mind a Hound, given TT manage to reduce the alt-mode size to scaled more to the other Car Bots, UNLIKE the 3rd-party ones :D 

maybe TB is the left-field character...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raining8s

Raining8s Decepticon

News Credits:
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Concerning Ratchet, Nissan seem to be pretty liberal considering we got Smokescreen. I feel TT just did that as a work around the Red Cross to keep us the fans happy campers. I don't see Nissan leaning on TT regarding that.

Indeed I can see TT trying to get Porsche to agree to allowing them to make much of the livery be included on a sticker sheet. This way we can keep the Toon camp and the Real Car Series fans happy as they have been attempting to do lately. A fully sponsored Jazz wouldn't really fit the new direction when standing shoulder to shoulder with the previous releases.
    I feel Porsche will be on their ass with this one, from the packaging images etc.
    I think Jazz is going to cause a shit storm when he drops the same way Megatron did (Divided fans like the red sea)
    Stepper will likely be given a much more liberal lease of rope as he isn't actually a real special edition.

Mirage I can see getting away with fudging the sponsors. The car company doesn't even exist anymore so I cant see there being a system in place or much of an interest in being so stringent and anal on what TT put out so long as they cut the cheque to the owner.

18. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Oh TCracker is holding it up by himself right now with his insight. I deeply hope he is correct about Jazz and/or Hound. I held off on FT-Willis and Maketoys Downbeat because I wasn't fully satisfied with either. Even the "left field" option sounds incredible. I do stick to my guns(pun intended) if there is not a new reveal by the time Megatron comes out. If there's no new reveal, there is nothing to look forward to, and if there's nothing to look forward to, interest will wane, and when interest wanes, Takara gets no more of my money. It breaks the ebb and flow of buying what's new and seeing what's coming. I do appreciate Dirge in May, and that will complete my "cartoon 6" jets, but if there's nothing to look forward to after Megatron, why would I continue to check not knowing what Takara's plans are?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Havok1891

Havok1891 Well-Known Member

Yup, and I am biased of course given my age . . . but i have to think the bulk of collectors in the Transformer world are still G1 focused if they had to pick an era, right?

20. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

Oh, I totally need to. To be honest, I've only ever watched a few episodes back in the 90's and couldn't really get into it because it was so different than the transformers I grew up with. I don't doubt it's a great series, my point was simply that because it wasn't a part of my childhood, it will never have the nostalgic pull that the original stuff does for me. And part of me doesn't want to get into it, simply because I'm spending enough money on this damn habit already ;) 

Anyway, my intent isn't at all to rip on BW or question their presence in the MP line, rather I'm just frustrated by the slow pace of G1 news. Ideally everyone gets the figures they want and we're all happy.

• Like Like x 5