The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Lol, ok.
    Frag it all to the pit! Masterpiece is suppose to be ALL G1, not freaking BW. I'M BEYOND PISSED! HOW DARE TAKARA MAKE MASTERPIECES THAT AREN'T G1.
    How's that Chopper? Feel better now? ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I know... IT'S AWESOME! Bring on Dinobot~!

3. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    He was talking about none other than the emperor of destruction himself. Don't get me wrong dinobot is great, but outside of an MP combaticon, nothing will give me the same level of satisfaction as the day Megatron was announced.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Talk about miscommunication LOL:D 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Ahh yeah, that's the stuff. Now I can properly enjoy my BW figures, happy in the knowledge that they are irreversibly ruining other people's lives. Because, after all, isn't that what collecting toys is all about... :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

Not surprised MP 39 is Dinobot. I'm not sure why people thought otherwise.

I'd be just fine with Jazz or Hound for MP 40. We will have both of them eventually.

7. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Well, if you ask my wife, it's all about finding out exactly how many Transformers are too many to be able to get to my books...

8. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think the lack of G1 news is a setup for something mindblowing. Like seeing the tide recede a little too rapidly and knowing somewhere over the horizon is a wave that will smash all in its path...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking for myself, I thought Dinobot wouldn't be MP-39 for these reasons:
    • MP-38 is a June release
    • Takara has established a six-month progression from reveal to release, longer for Beast characters
    • Dinobot still technically hasn't been revealed or announced, only teased, so "his clock hasn't started yet," so to speak
    And part of my reasoning was a reluctance to face another Q3 release drought, which seems to be the direction we're headed in.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

I'm definitely feeling half of this.... Predaking is my favorite combiner of all...his color scheme and the sheer ferociousness of the predacons makes him a must have....I have UW devastator which is extremely amazing but I'll take a masterpiece any day.....I'm hoping that astrotrain is out left field character

• Like Like x 1
  11. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    That's some exciting new, @TCracker. Cheers for the inside scoop! Let's hope it proves true.

1) If you think that comment is divisive, you're reading far too much into it. It's not drawing a line of conflict, I'm simply stating a fact, and the fact is that Dinobot has a silhouette reveal (a tried and true teaser for MPs) and no G1 characters do.

2)You don't have to remind a BW fan about the long nature of MP reveals. I think MP Primal holds the record for this. But again, Dinobot has received his silhouette when no other characters have. It's not a guarantee of course, but it surely puts him as a front runner for the next MP slot.

3)Primal and Cheetor both had silhouette reveals. Dinobot now has one, so it's doubtful another BW character would sneak in before him. A G1 character certainly could. We all love a surprise announcement! But I'm of the opinion MP-39 will be Dinobot.

So back to my original point: I'm not making wild speculation. I draw my reasoning from what we've seen with recent releases. If you think that kind of logical summation is still wild speculation, then you must really hate the vast majority of the posts in this now 2795 page thread.

12. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

Watch beast wars again bud and you'll get ur nostalgia factor right there...yup it's dated but the story is compelling and the inclusion of G1 makes it amazing for any true transformers fan. Seeing G1 Optimus Prime in his only real CG/3D form "which looked great btw" had me sitting on the edge of my seat.... I'm a total G1 fan amd seeing great battles, transformations and story that incorporated Gen1 made me a fan for life...give me astrotrain or any G1 character all day but I also long for Transmetal Megatron or Tigerhawk as well. Oh and please include the Voyager golden disc with Dinobot Takara!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Lacimehc

I was saying it's great that it's feeling like the 90's again...

14. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My #1 and #2 are two separate issues, that you apparently didn't read.

#1: "war toys" - There is no proof anywhere that the reason Porsche was hard to license was because of the "war toys" issue. That quote (as I previously stated) came from one guy's post in like 2002 with no source. Later someone else said Porsche was hard to license with (as you stated) but NOT because of a "war toys" angle. Beyond that, they have now licensed Bumblebee so it appears to be moot. You can quote to me about Nazi Germany all you want, but unless someone at VW/Porsche says it, its not a fact. It is one guy saying something once on the internet, with absolutely no proof.

#2: Exhaust - Exhaust has an American tobacco company trademark design on it. The US has very strict rules about marketing tobacco to kids. Jazz's livery isn't tobacco, its alcohol. They are not the same, period. Beyond that, all they need to do is change the logo slightly and use another word and its fine. on Exhaust, it was the shape of the red/white colors on the toy, not the name.

#3: Sunstreaker - Again, no one has talked to Lamborgini at all about this, so we don't know. All we know is he hasn't been made yet. It may or may not be because of the extra parts, they may or may not care. It is absolutely speculation by the people on this board.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think some of us would prefer if it felt like the 80's again or 84',85' anyway.:D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lacimehc

Clearly, but for me the 90's is where it's at. Especially with Transformers~

17. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Nah, the mid to late 2000's were the true TF reinesance. We had animated, we had the first classics line, we had beast wars 10th, we had the first movie, which love it or hate it brought in a lot of revenue for the brand and brought it back to the public spotlight.

Also the early 2000's were great, but chances are if you didn't grow up with the UT, you won't agree with me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

So what I'm trying to get across to you is that that actually isn't logic, it's possibilities that you're trying to sell as a fact by ignoring a lot of strong indicators and things like trends. That's pretty much wild speculation in a nutshell.

You also tend to poke the fan divide bear with a stick and then throw your hands up and declare that you're just joking, so quite frankly, I've got no idea where you ever stand, but you're acerbic enough that you don't come off as a kindly fan so you'll just have to forgive that you're not always read how you suggest you wish to be.

Now, the fact is that your opinion, and I'll guess hope, is that 39 will be Dinobot, and there's a solid chance of that. However, there's also a decent chance that it won't be. Personally, I'm pulling for a double reveal, which is a fair long shot, but Shockwave and Hot Rod got shown together, so there's a precedent at least.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  19. Verno

News Credits:
    I'm forming an opinion based on available data. In this instance, it's led by the presence of the silhouette. That is entirely logical. I'm dumbfounded that you could consider it wild speculation, especially in this of all threads, where fans spend most of their time posting little more than wishlists.

Wild speculation is based on nothing. If I was to say MP-39 will be TM2 Dinobot, that would be wild speculation.

Please point out to me where I've poked the G1 bear in this discussion. I'm genuinely curious.

The name is on the door. Speculation Thread. But apparently speculating that MP-39 will be Dinobot because he alone has received a silhouette reveal is just too damn wild for this thread.

You want to talk about drawing a line of conflict? Look at some of the recent posts. "It's starting to feel like the 90's again" "More BW Masterpieces makes me sad". That's divisive.

I could go and start a BW Masterpiece Speculation thread of course, but ideally, there should be no need. It's all the same line, much to the chagrin of some of the posters in here.

20. Verno

News Credits:
    Oh, and while you're at it, @GearsRollo, you can also point out to me where I tried to sell my opinion as fact. Was it when I made a joke about Dinobot walking from the Pred base to the Axalon? Or when I said I was speculating? Or perhaps when I agreed with you that Dinobot could be any MP between 39 and 44?