The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We have Megatron & a Targetmaster gun. I feel you.
    Really a shame they couldn't have kept the BW stuff separate and run parallel, its like a roulette now in terms of capturing my interest.
    Hey man, that would be incredible & would certainly put a pacifier in my inner man baby's mouth after a few disappointments.
    Wonder if the earlier Chinese forum rumors hold any weight on Ford licensing some of them.

Change the name of the company? Ferdinand Porsche was proud of the company name as it was his own name and reflected himself. He built up alot of pride and acclaim around the brand. Why change the brand he built hard to make. Easier just to disassociate with the negative politics that were a product of the nation. Would the Porsche 911 be as iconic without that font, logo - name etc? That legendary shield crest with the Stuttgart on it is iconic. The horrors and true extent of the war didn't come to light to the general people until much later.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. War7Angel

War7Angel Member

today i get Grapple mp35 and instruction is in my opinion a rumor of HOIST!

3. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    The Martini livery isn't quite the same case as the Marlboro issue though, is it? With Exhaust, the livery replicates the signature and trademarked Marlboro packaging design. The shape of the red area on the livery is a distinct part of Marlboro's brand and that's what caused the issue (remember, the issue was resolved by changing that shape on Exhaust). With Jazz's livery there doesn't seem to be the same issue as the red and blue stripe configuration isn't part of Martini's logo or label design. TT could easily use a similar enough stripe pattern without any Martini logo and it would resemble Jazz enough. Or, if they could get away with it, they could use a rectangle-and-circle design similar to Martini's logo (but different enough) with the word "Meister" in it instead of Martini.

meister-logo.png

I'm not saying the above would be approved, it's just an example of how a similar mark could be used that might have enough difference from actual branding for Martini to approve. I realize it may not be that simple and Martini may have very strict say in it like Marlboro did about the change to Exhaust's pattern. Sure, this wouldn't be accurate like Wheeljack's livery but we have precedent of something similar with Smokescreen. In any case, the particular issues with Marlboro and Exhaust were very specific to their branding as integrated into the livery and the legal aspect of not having cigarette branding on toys.

We now have precedent with Fuso for a situation like this. Grapple and Inferno are labeled as a Fuso T951 despite that really only applying to the cab and wheels. Unless Laborghini is extremely strict about their licensing, Sunstreaker could be labeled as a Lamborghini Countach or even a modified Lamborghini Countach, if that would appease Lamborghini. Of course, unless one of us has factual information about all aspects of previous licensing agreements between Lamborghini and Takara Tomy, we don't really know how picky they'd be in this regard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

How so dude?

5. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not saying anything you posted is incorrect nor do I disagree with it, but the Binaltech days were pre-merger.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    If you'd be so kind; otherwise I fear I'll end up on the floor curled up in the foetul position constantly muttering "what is life?"

7. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't mind the Meister spin...it's not as dumb as crap like goofyear. But if THAT was the issue, they could probably just as easily stick to their toon accuracy and leave the sponsors off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

Mark my words my guy... Porsche would 100% say NO, TT can dodge Martini and avoid them in the equation but they cannot dodge Porsche. There is alot of heritage there... please see the companies latest version below. I took a picture of one recently too but cannot currently find it. Porsche would never ever ever allow a fake martini version of their car to be put out and licence it.
    Listen if they do, I will beg for your forgiveness and eat my words, mark my words.

If I had to take an educated guess I recon TT tried to make your idea fly but have been told to make it correct, hence the up and down rumors.. 3rd parties rushing to market and then lack of news.

[​IMG]

Sunstreaker may be called a "Modified Countach" I could actually imagine that, lets indeed see what happens.

Indeed thats right Trailbreaker77 the Tomy acquisition will hopefully go a long way to building this bridge. I want Jazz to happen!

EDIT: Pictures I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Can I just say we have a ton of G1 MP rumors......but no new G1 MPs:oops: . Wish they would go ahead and announce Dinobot , "so we can get on with the get on" and actually get a new G1 reveal.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Lol, ok.
    Frag it all to the pit! Masterpiece is suppose to be ALL G1, not freaking BW. I'M BEYOND PISSED! HOW DARE TAKARA MAKE MASTERPIECES THAT AREN'T G1.
    How's that Chopper? Feel better now? ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  11. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I know... IT'S AWESOME! Bring on Dinobot~!

12. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    He was talking about none other than the emperor of destruction himself. Don't get me wrong dinobot is great, but outside of an MP combaticon, nothing will give me the same level of satisfaction as the day Megatron was announced.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Talk about miscommunication LOL:D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Ahh yeah, that's the stuff. Now I can properly enjoy my BW figures, happy in the knowledge that they are irreversibly ruining other people's lives. Because, after all, isn't that what collecting toys is all about... :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

Not surprised MP 39 is Dinobot. I'm not sure why people thought otherwise.

I'd be just fine with Jazz or Hound for MP 40. We will have both of them eventually.

16. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

Well, if you ask my wife, it's all about finding out exactly how many Transformers are too many to be able to get to my books...

17. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think the lack of G1 news is a setup for something mindblowing. Like seeing the tide recede a little too rapidly and knowing somewhere over the horizon is a wave that will smash all in its path...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking for myself, I thought Dinobot wouldn't be MP-39 for these reasons:
    • MP-38 is a June release
    • Takara has established a six-month progression from reveal to release, longer for Beast characters
    • Dinobot still technically hasn't been revealed or announced, only teased, so "his clock hasn't started yet," so to speak
    And part of my reasoning was a reluctance to face another Q3 release drought, which seems to be the direction we're headed in.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

I'm definitely feeling half of this.... Predaking is my favorite combiner of all...his color scheme and the sheer ferociousness of the predacons makes him a must have....I have UW devastator which is extremely amazing but I'll take a masterpiece any day.....I'm hoping that astrotrain is out left field character

• Like Like x 1
  20. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    That's some exciting new, @TCracker. Cheers for the inside scoop! Let's hope it proves true.

1) If you think that comment is divisive, you're reading far too much into it. It's not drawing a line of conflict, I'm simply stating a fact, and the fact is that Dinobot has a silhouette reveal (a tried and true teaser for MPs) and no G1 characters do.

2)You don't have to remind a BW fan about the long nature of MP reveals. I think MP Primal holds the record for this. But again, Dinobot has received his silhouette when no other characters have. It's not a guarantee of course, but it surely puts him as a front runner for the next MP slot.

3)Primal and Cheetor both had silhouette reveals. Dinobot now has one, so it's doubtful another BW character would sneak in before him. A G1 character certainly could. We all love a surprise announcement! But I'm of the opinion MP-39 will be Dinobot.

So back to my original point: I'm not making wild speculation. I draw my reasoning from what we've seen with recent releases. If you think that kind of logical summation is still wild speculation, then you must really hate the vast majority of the posts in this now 2795 page thread.