The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

Come on, please let the "big character" be MP Beast Wars Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

That'd be cool, but I don't know that it ticks the long-awaited box, and this year already has a bunch of other physically larger characters, I kind of doubt he's on the horizon till 2018. I suspect if we see another BW character, it'll be someone a bit smaller like Rattrap or Waspinator.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    MP waspinator would be amazing! Just has to come with the ability to self destruct...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Takara should be more considerate and finish 84'-85' and Movie first, so us aging G-wunners can retire. Then give the BW folks all they can deal with. ;) 

5. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Not a baaad idea. But here's a counter proposal: Beast Wars has a smaller cast, so how about we deal with the Beast Wars cast first, and then we can get back to G1, and that one one fanbase is satisfied much faster?

Yeah, that's a better idea! ;) 

6. GearsRollo

;)  OR, and this is a crazy idea - o_O  G1 fans and BW fans can stop being :mad:  pointlessly adversarial :confused:  and just be happy both are getting a good chunk of time in the sun these days ;) 

Man, that would be so novel.

• Like Like x 14
  7. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars and G1 Masterpiece collectors just need to team up against Masterpiece Bayformer fans! They're the ones trying to take away characters from our collections!**

** the text is blue

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Hear hear! As someone who loves both equally I'm getting sick of all the infighting. Can't we all just be happy we are getting both!

• Like Like x 5
  9. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

But I want all three!

• Like Like x 3
  10. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

If sacrificing my bank acct results to the collection gods results in completion of the Ark to TF:The Movie cast, then hell yeah I'll load up on every 3P product out there - just got my 10-day BBTS notice for Maketoys not-Jazz baby!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Or they can start releasing 2 a month :p 

12. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    But TT doesn't want you retire..

13. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    My post was a joke folks. As most of those who replied clearly understood. BUT on a serious note.... no more Beast Wars... ok good day sir. :p 

14. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

But do you really want to retire?

Is that a valid question? I see a lot of people talking about completing the collection. About finishing with MP (after Megatron for example) or wishing for season 1 and 2 to be completed so they can stop.

Stop as in really stop? Not buying a TF anymore or not buying a MP anymore. Just stop after years of collecting?

I honestly don't really want that. I've already cut down the amount of purchases in the past ten years and I miss the days of just randomly buying a figure if it caugh my fancy. I certainly enjoyed the hobby a lot more back then. instead of this constantly comparing and deciding what I do buy and what not. And getting a TF is still a joy. But to never buy a TF anymore because a collection is deemed complete.

How boring!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

You say that in jest, but mid-month release dates (rather than the traditional "last Saturday") may indicate that this could soon be a new reality. I'm going to start selling some of my "fringe" collection items in preparation.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

It would be cool if the big reveal at the end of the year was every season 1 and 2 minobot in prototype form!

• Like Like x 1
  17. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

My guess for the big end of the year bot is Overlord. Big bot and big in Japan.

18. GearsRollo

I find it fascinating that some people talk about this. I can't see myself retiring as a collector barring a financial change that requires it. Hell, if they did finish the '84-'85 season crews, I'd just move on to Beast Wars. The biggest danger with me is that they run out of characters I want, and I move to a new franchise from when I was a kid like MOTU or the Real Ghostbusters stuff. I suspect that for most collectors, that's the real definition of "retire". They mean "retire this line... at least until the next one I HAVE to have is announced, and then I'll retire after that one.... unless."

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not so sure mid-month release dates mean that multiple MPs a month will become a thing. With other TF lines, we often get multiple releases a month and they all come out together, on the same day instead of being broken up throughout the month. Even if Takara felt comfortable releasing multiple MPs a month in the near future, I don't see why they wouldn't release all (new, at least) MPs that month simultaneously toward the end of the month anyways. That extra week or two could still prove useful in making sure everything's working right with releases and avoiding delays by trying to release too much too close together.

I'd love for it to be a sign of more MPs coming out together, for sure, but right now I don't interpret it as much beyond Takara being a little different. If re-releases become a more frequent thing, I could see those being released earlier in the month, similar to how Tamashii Nations usually puts out their re-releases early.

20. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I'm super late to the "who's important in G1 Autobots" party. But anyway, the image below shows my opinion on that.

[​IMG]

Trailbreaker barely missed the cut. I wanted to keep it to five characters in the inner circle. The Decepticons also have their "inner five" too.

[​IMG]