The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    A TT Hound would be fantastic (along with Mirage). I'll be crossing my fingers & toes in anticipation.

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure they do if they pre-order , lol

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think that's right. he didn't design MP 01, 08, 09, 11 (fully) or 22, either. and we aren't certain that he designed tracks or the vans, for that matter. I think this award is to the line as a whole.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe it was Emperor Bruticus IV who claimed that Hasui designed MP Hound back when he was on the line, but it didn't get released and is currently shelved because "it can wait." I would expect to see him right after Hoist and Trailbreaker (if not before), probably late 2017-early 2018.

5. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    First I hear of this. How on earth would he know Hasui designed Hound but it was shelved?

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here we are. His (truncated) post from October 29:

Now, HOW he knows this, I assume he has a source.

Also found this post of his from back in May. Quite prescient:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Kobayashi did design MP1, 8, and 9. Those are known to be his works. Interviews also show that Kobayashi did the initial design on MP3 and he was also responsible for MP11 being Starscream and doing him over (these can be found in some of the interviews). MP22 was handed to him to him by Hasui but it's still his work to a good degree

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what is an mp hound coming with? He sort of disappeared after the first couple of episodes. a Spike that could fit in Alt mode and/or a cage for ravage would be cool.

• Like Like x 2
  9. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    Interesting post. Credit where credits due, he got Megatron V2 correct. If MP Hound is revealed soon he's 2 from 2. I'll never understand the Starscream anime plus edition. How can they make him more toon accurate? It's spot on toon accurate. Also interesting to hear they've got both Megatron and Galvatron ready. Fun times ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Oh I like the idea of a cage. I second that. Could easily add a key hook and a key ring for his hips.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    So Hound and Trailbreaker to be expected? Hound being in that recent comic strip with other MP's would fall into line with this.

• Like Like x 2
  12. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I believe that galvatron was scheduled to come after MP9 rodimus, but the soft reboot of the line sort of killed that.

HE TELL ME

actually before mp9 was announced I was told that a 4 mode rodimus was coming next, followed by galvatron. Dude was dead on right about rodimus, the rest is my conjecture. This was years ago though.

• Like Like x 2
  13. jackisking

News Credits:
    Thinks there any chance of a movie character. Wegot Magnus Dec14 and Hot Rod this year, is expecting a movie figure in 2017 reasonable. You've got Kup in the magazine, 5 different 3p Springers,and them putting out an Artfire with targetmaster that can be repainted (Cyclonus) so soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    So it seems like the stars really are aligning for Hound.

Good question above re what accessories he would come with. I'm going to say that it will be something to do with his hologram projector.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Perhaps the gun could include a light with a picture you can project in a wall

• Like Like x 3
  16. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep definitely all Kobayashi figures in the design award pics. MP-22 was handed over to him after discussion stage agreeing he'll hold 4 cars and be an all-in-one transformation without white Prime. We know Hasui envisaged an armoured MP-10 and had at least done the mockup with G1 UM parts we saw, and likely further sketches and ideas, but very unlikely, imho, any engineering for an armoured MP-10 design could be used in an all-in-one, so fairly safe to say Kobayashi would have designed the UM we got from scratch.

If I recall he's credited for the Van bros and Shockwave (and maybe Tracks also?) in the Generations 2015 book.

That said the award is first and foremost for the design/product, not a person, so it is indeed for the Masterpiece line. I guess they must list a designer so they list Kobayashi as he is the current and also the original lead designer. In turn perhaps it would then have been inappropriate to picture Hasui's (or anyone else's) designs when listing Kobayashi as designer, hence why they only used Kobayashi's?

I can see why it could look like almost a slight to Hasui - the man who's vision made the line what it is today, but I very much doubt that is the intention.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GearsRollo

GearsRollo Well-Known Member

I love seeing that design award on the boxes and press. I keep telling people about how gorgeous all of the MP line is and how fantastic the engineering is, but little things like that award have a whole other legitimizing effect. Hopefully it helps break down those last licensee holdouts

• Like Like x 3
  18. jackisking

News Credits:
    After going back and watching more than meets the eye we'll probably get a hologram Spike. Also you think he might have been pushed back because they wanted to pair him with Cliffjumper. Wheeljack and Bumblebee were the first ones we saw on Cybertron while it was Cliffjumper and Hound on earth?

• Like Like x 4
  19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

You mean made the line what it was yesterday... The line today isn't quite how Hasui left it. Whether you consider that a better or worse thing is another matter.

20. redmetalgears

redmetalgears Well-Known Member

Considering that Hasui was the one who made the line successful for the mass market, it's a slap in the face that only Kobayashi's tasteless, awkward, caricature-ish designs are shown and awarded. But I suppose he is the boss or something. IMO and all that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 2