The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I do know that there are really big blocks of Salt used for licking. Would that count? lol

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only use the 3P figure due to them being in proper scale with the rest of the official line. And if Takara WERE to release the Constructicons, they would be in scale, and probably a refined, larger version, if the CW version. Which would put it ROUGHLY around the same height as that toy world version, if imagine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Sizewise definitely. I don't believe Omega was ever implied to be City Bot sized;he just mass shifted in similar fashion to Astrotrain to fit troops into his alt mode. So he could easily be made to scale with the rest of the line.
    Wait I'm confused. Cerebros didn't exist whatsoever in Headmasters so why wouldn't it be Fortress?
    He had a base mode but sizewise he was never shown being Citybot sized. As Prime says he generally rivalled Devastator and was about the same size. To put it one step further he was a guardian robot, and Superion, who is also the same size as Devastator (for indirect comparison he's the same size as Bruticus) was also the same size as a Guardian Robot on Cybertron.

4. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Now I'm confused. Was his name Fortress in Headmasters? I don't remember... It's been a while since I've watched that series.

[checks TFWiki]... Ah, yes, I see that you're right. :)  Makes sense. The Headmasters and their "heads" are the same characters, after all.

So when Takara says we could get an "MP Fortress Maximus"... Could they have meant only the robot that turns into his head? i.e. MP-10 sized guy?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, if they did that... that sucker had better have the little "control station" mode he had in Rebirth in addition to the head mode, and an alternate Cerebros head, and the head mode had better have a moving mouth, light-up eyes... they gotta make it worth our while.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Fortress Maximus would definately have been the full Fortress Maximus as that name's consistent between Rebirth and Headmasters as being for the full giant robot. I dunno that they really planned on how to do him though in terms of size and such.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    Japan: fortress, head mode only, toy accurate face

US: cerebros, head mode, mini fort max mode, faceplate and visor

IF takara made a standalone head bot, you can bet he'd mirror the former over the latter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I know we're all desperate for some news (again) but why would anyone here believe that fan made picture of Jazz is in any way, shape or form a Takara toy?

Just like the theory that Takara "intentionally" leaked that picture of the Megatron prototype. Why in the hell would they do that? I want it to be real too, but I still have common sense.

9. Prime135

News Credits:
    Oh crap, they're doing what I suggested, they're including in scale beast wars figures as bonuses, that's what the tiny diecast figures are for!!!!!

10. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

Well, Omega Supreme wasn't REALLY a citybot, more of a defensive fortress. Like a frontier base or something. I know with mass-shifting nothing is SET, but, to me, of COURSE he'd be smaller than Metroplex/Trypticon. By a huge margin. Omega Supreme is MUCH larger than the rest of the Ark Autobots but shouldn't be like, ridiculously off scale from then like Metroplex would be.

If we get MP city bots (AND WHY SHOULDN'T WE, WE'RE ALL GOOD PEOPLE), the scale would HAVE to be different. It'd be so different.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tco

tco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Omega Supreme wasn't REALLY a defensive fortress though. He was a rocket launch pad surrounded by a tank. Hardly qualifies as a fortress.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

From the earlier pic of the head/chest/abdomen, I thought this looked good and could even be a TT design.

After seeing the whole thing, it's not TT no way. If it is a filter-photo of an actual toy, it's a 3P thing. Arturo posted this so ... anyway, deffo not TT. Not for me either, after seeing that lower half.

14. tco

tco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the same way, the legs are so off....

• Like Like x 1
  15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I think they probably had a good idea of who was going to win (or would have just rigged the results) and may have just been gauging interest in general. Considering it's crappy showing (didn't it come in last?), all the more reason huge figures will VERY likely never happen in the MP line. Between cost, risk, and seemingly little interest...sorry.

16. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I don't think we'll ever see a MP Omega Supreme. It would be too big and the MP line is all about cartoon scale. In the cartoon, OS is a bit larger than Devastator, so realistically, we'd have a better chance of seeing a CW or TR-scaled Omega than an MP.

17. Prime135

News Credits:
    Are they really? Keep in mind that takara is shooting for this:

image.jpeg

If the detailing on the front of the legs was grey or silver, it'd be spot on.

18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I would laugh so fucking hard if these Jazz pics turn out to be an old Hasui design. The back tracking would be delicious.

• Like Like x 4
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The plot thickens.....

Taken from Arturo's page.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why not post a picture without the filter or what ever it is.. this makes no sense