The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    They showed it off at the Toy Show next to MP Ironhide. It's intended for the same segment of their customer base. The economy is in the toilet here. They're pretty unlikely to release two 20,000 yen collector toys in the same month.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Ironhide is going to be the big release this year.

He comes with a LOT of accessories [more than any other MP so far, in fact] and is slightly smaller than MP10 in robot mode.

It's almost as if TT put all the accessories in to support the higher price.

In all fairness he'll be around 12-15000 yen.

3. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Assuming Takara stays true to their word on next year being the "Year of Beast Wars," who do you think will be revealed next? I'm really hoping for Megatron(T-Rex) but we keep getting shafted on new Decepticon molds in favor for Autobots. Do you think Predacons may also suffer the same fate?

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I think you're way off the mark with Ironhide. I'd not be surprised If he's near 10,000yen and even then I'd imagine he'd be closer to 6 to 7k.

5. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    This, ironhide may be big in bot mode, but his van mode is the same length as an mp car, even taking the extra accessories into account, he shouldn't be too much more expensive than tracks.

6. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we'll be able to get Ironhide preordered for under $100 shipped. Can't wait till they go live!

7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

That comment is probably being misinterpreted, I don't think Takara meant that literally every release next year will be from Beast Wars.

Optimus Primal will probably be next year's Star Saber, a brief interlude from carbots then it'll be back to the usual routine.

8. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like it! :D 

Hard to say. I've mentioned before that I do think the way that they revealed UW Devy means that we're unlikely to see an actual MP Devastator anytime soon, but I don't think that it should mean that it's taking the place of another character in the line.

Who's to say. We have absolutely no confirmation either way at the moment, so we're just going to have to be patient. Heaven help us. :D 

9. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

A good point. Nobody saw Optimus Primal coming, so some genuine mystery about what's next is certainly there.

I was just thinking about the last time someone at Takara made a comment that some of the fandom twisted into being "year of the Decepticons".

That didn't work out and I'm not sure whether Takara would actually commit to a run of Beast Wars characters.

If they do, I'll be curious to see how each figure looks as it'll be something different from season 1 & 2 carbots.

10. Mixmaster

Mixmaster User of Dreamy Sleepy Nighty Snoozy Snooze™

News Credits:
    Like Sideswipe was a smaller sized Masterpiece, and Star Saber was a non-Western character, both firsts, where TT are cautious at first with a single experimental release. I believe Primal will be the same, and if popular more Beast Wars will follow, but probably not immediately. The G1 car bots seem to be highly popular, so I don't think TT would want jeopardise that. I think the "year of Beast Wars" is going to be similar to the "year of Decepticons" this year, a misinterpration that people will keep bringing up.

11. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

12. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    To be clear though, the 'year of the Decepticons' thing came directly from a fan - it was never a quote by Takara in the first place, whereas the Beast Wars thing did come from them. I agree it's totally open to interpretation, but it's a different circumstance and certainly more valid, at least.

:lol 

Wishful thinking. ;) 

13. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
  14. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I hope not, while he isn't terrible, he isn't exactly jaw droppingly spectacular...so far!?

Didn't Hasui say somewhere in the interview they were planning to do three figures a year, two small ones and one big one as far as show accurate characters were concerned. Tracks being one of the small ones. And if Ironhide is a big one, wouldn't we be due for another announcement for this year?

15. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I sure am hoping for one more show character before the end of the year, but I also wouldn't be surprised if this is it till early '16. In '14 we got Bumblebee, Wheeljack, and Ultra Magnus. Star Saber, Tracks, and Ironhide would be consistent with that. The only thing is in '14 we also got SoundBlaster (a repaint, true, but still a cartoon character) and Ratbat (very underrated, imho). So hopefully we'll at least get Ratchet in December - that'd balance out '14's SoundBlaster redeco. Shockwave's also being heavily rumored right now - any of you guys who know people who know people know when to expect him?

16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

If you can think of another acronym that also spells out a racial slur, I'm sure it would catch on like nobody's business.

17. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah, he'll either be another $80 figure like the cars (and he'll be sized accordingly), or he won't sell well. He's got a boring alt mode to make up for, vs cars that are more exciting to look at, after all.

18. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Hasui stated in an interview [circa 2013 for 2014, I think] that their plan was 2 large releases plus 3 or so smaller ones. This was prior to Soundblaster and G2 Sideswipe I think.

I do not recall him mentioning show characters at all, just releases.

I believe Ironhide will be our second big release this year [first being Star Saber]. In-between, we have Exhaust, G2 Bee, Tracks and Road Rage [with Bluestreak being a special release].

I think this matches last year's G2 Swipe, Soundblaster, Silverstreak, Wheeljack, Bee and Magnus.

I could of course be totally wrong, as if there's one thing that Takara has confirmed, is that we should stop looking for hints or patterns :lol 

I strongly believe he'll carry a bigger price tag. If he does not, I will be pleasantly surprised. He does pack a LOT of stuff. Alt mode is a bit bigger than the cars [as seen, can fit into MP10 trailer] -but- robot mode is a bit shorter than MP10, and he has a lot of accessories plus the sled.

To counter that, Tracks has a pvc figure, a gun and a flightstand, as costs 7500 yen or so.

I am quoting JPY prices before discounts, not discounted HLJ prices or imported, marked up prices like BBTS.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone have a link to this interview? I'm curious to know how far back this goes.

Takara's keeping to a rough schedule in terms of reveal & release schedule. Regarding your suggestion, if that is still "the plan" for each year, as mentioned Star Saber could easily fill one of those three slots and we're set for this year...or the plan's changed and it's two releases earlier in the year and three releases, period, later in the year.

Either way, a fourth end-of-year release (Shockwave, Ratchet, anyone) would represent a departure of sorts from previous year's release patterns by adding a fourth release and fourth overall cartoon character to the mix.

20. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I posted a compilation in the MP appreciation thread earlier today of all of the major interviews with MP designers that I could find from the past however many years. There was no quote about anything like this in there. It could be from another interview, I guess, although I was pretty thorough.