The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. LeakinLubricant

LeakinLubricant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah Chimungmungs a great seller, he marked my MP-22 as "$20 Toy" (I wish!) and I didnt even ask him to.

2. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    Every time I see that Hot Rod I have to try really hard to talk myself out of it. It looks totally sick, but I just don't know where I'd put it!

You know, I've bagged on it in the past but I don't think a new Megatron is totally out of the question. How SOON is another issue entirely, but I would be really honestly surprised if the line ended without a second stab at Megatron.

Me? I'd prefer if it was a bright green tank, but there's no accounting for tastes. :D 

3. LeakinLubricant

Ebay:
    A week ago I would have said that would be very likley, but the Shockwave rumours make me think that a revised MP Megs will fit somwhere in TT's future.

4. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Where is the Mirage rumor coming from? Is there a source?

5. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

So it sounds like there is a rumor that Quakewave might get reissued too?

Are the Shockwave and Quakewave rumors related as being one in the same, or are they different?

I keep my MP's to Takara only... no 3P. I want to believe if this line goes long enough we will see Insecticons and Reflector. If a 3P announces a Trailbreaker though I'd really have to consider it. Not sure how good his chances are with Takara.

6. LeakinLubricant

Ebay:
    It's still all speculation at the moment as far as I'm aware, it could be a case of mixed messages what with the Quakwave re-release gathering momentum and theres also the KO Quakewave in the mix, but the recent MP Shockwave rumor seems to have lingered beyond the usual wishful thinking rumours we've heard several times before, there was even a speculated December release date.

7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Yeah I think we'll see a Hilux Trailbreaker/Hoist from a third party before Takara. It's getting very slim pickings now as far as they're concerned.....Hound, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Inferno, Grapple, Jazz all already been outed at least once with others more than likely due too. Literally only have Skids and Trailbreaker/Hoist left and you've gotta imagine they're being designed by someone somewhere and that's ignoring the fact Toyota and Honda are gonna be easy pickings for Takara if they ever get to that point.

8. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

The "problem" with MPs is that you get a certain character it just makes you jones for related characters. Obviously, most of us are dying for an official Megatron and an official Shockwave will only make it worse - nice problem to have! Same with Mirage - he'll only have me dying for Cliffjumper. It's been bad enough having Sideswipe for a couple years with no Sunstreaker and Red Alert with no Inferno :) 

9. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh yeah, Sideswipe definitely needs Sunstreaker. I was glad that Wheeljack and Bumblebee were released together. Part of the reason I would really love a Shockwave is he and Ultra Magnus are kinda the two commanders who were left behind on Cybertron for millions of years. Would love to pair them off as rivals!

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I know these would be nowhere near any kinda of MP release but as we all love a good natter about scale here where would you guys think Topspin and Twintwist would be on the Masterpiece Holy Scale Chart? Minibot, car, seeker.....bigger?

11. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Ah yes, Topspin & Twintwist, the forgotton shelfwarmers of G1! Saw them many times: never picked them up :lol 

They only ever appeared in the UK comic IIRC? So I guess their size would have to estimated purely from what we saw of them there. I got the impression they were no more than carbot height, maybe a head shorter.

But I suspect we'll be waiting a very long time for TT to get round to them :lol 

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My guess would be at least carbot height and maybe bigger depending on where they consistently stood in comparison to Springer (I'm only familiar with their IDW appearances, and can't recall their apparent height off the top of my head).

13. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

I looked it up and Victory's 30th anniversary is 2019.
    If we don't get Victory Leo before then, I'm betting that's when we'll get him.
    So late.

14. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

Cheers guys :) 
    Still have flashbacks to trekking down to Post Office Depot in charlton to pay the import tax on my mp-03g - happy days!

15. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Guys, looking at building an Autobot non-MP 'Ark/The Movie' display? Any TF-vet suggestions?? I already own Takara Optimus, Jazz, Hound and Sideswipe together w/UN Wheeljack...

16. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I no this thread is MP but was trying to have a non-MP vs MP shelf (factoring in FT Willis and 3p Jazz release of course)

17. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

*know* ... Sorry English majors

18. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I honestly don't have the energy to beat the dead horse and explain the design cues I see from each designer, when they switch roles as the lead. In a nutshell its mostly proportions, the golden ratio being factored in the design process. To pretend like two lead designers who have the majority of mindshare on a project, don't have an artistic fingerprint and unique style is beyond ignorant. Its almost as ignorant as proposing 2 different people singing the same song sound the same.

Everyones vision is subjective... We all see differently and rarely eye to eye.

Its not that deep anyway. I was just sharing that I love looking at them and wondering which of the designers did what because I have designed many things myself in teams and individually. Everyone approaches it differently and thats whats exciting and what should be celebrated, not ignored :) 

Haha likewise! BRING THEM ON!

19. warhide

warhide Deceptcreeps Smasher

i´m still waiting for the day I gonna type tfw2005.com on my browser and the first news to be loaded is "Masterpiece reveal: CLIFFJUMPER".

that will be a glorious day indeed! :D 

20. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

MP-Cliffjumper would be great for three primary reasons:

1). We'd get an MP-Cliffjumper (obviously)

2). TT was able to make a licensing deal with Porsche. So that means the likelihood of Jazz just shot up immensely.

3). It would also imply that TT wasn't giving up in MP versions of minibots, that MP-Bumblebee wasn't an anomaly simply b/c he's the most popular minibot.