The G1-Focused Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yes, looking forward to the news. Mainly to see how reliable the source is for future info. And of course, I want an MP Shockwave.

2. LeakinLubricant

LeakinLubricant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The point is thought that Shocky's gun mode doesn't resemble an actual firearm, it's a Sci Fi purple and silver laser pistol. As I said before Megatron presents a much more difficult case and we have had 3 Megatrons with gun alt modes since G1 (G1 reissue, Classics and MP) yet not one Shockwave that turns into a gun, that is no coincidence.

3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    That's cool, we all have our own spin, likes, and notice nuances based on that but I'm certain when it comes to design it's not so black and white.

If the new rumours are true then it truly is a golden time, I think we can all agree on that :) 

I'd imagine that's more to do with ppl trying to cash in before the KO is released, MP Shockwave getting official is just a coincidence in timing.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think that's the case. I think that's Megs being the most prominent Decepticon while a character with a similar less-practical alt mode getting ignored for a while. I think Shockwave was in a similar position as Soundwave, popular but unable to get more transforming merchandise until more recently due to a variety of reasons.

5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Could not agree more. Most of my favourite characters are Autobots but the MP Deception showing is pitiful, Shockwave, Galvatron, Megatron, Sourge, Cyclonus or indeed any deception baring invented ones like Exhaust will be most welcome.

6. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Interesting. This Shockwave rumour is gathering pace, then. I'm pleased to hear that TC might become a reality, too. :) 

People also keep saying this about the anniversary of the movie, but it isn't, at least not in Japan where it was released later. If they do release characters like Galvatron then it's pure coincidence.

7. LeakinLubricant

Ebay:
    It certainly is, seeing as we're now getting rumours of a December release date. I have been quick to ignore these rumours in the past however this is becoming hard to ignore. That said I'm not gonna be selling Quakewave just yet, not until I see something tangible.

8. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm not sure if I would sell Quakewave even if we do get a TT Shockwave. I still have my MP-01 despite having 4 of the MP-10 mould. I'm an inclusive kinda guy. :D 

Besides, I really don't see this landing by December - that I am sceptical about.

9. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, someone else mentioned this and I'm fine with waiting a few more years. Plus, I wouldn't mind picking up a 539 designed one too.

This.
    I don't have QW mainly because I missed out but Transformers is one of the only franchises I like that hasn't given me decent representations of their characters until recent years. Everything else I have tons of and don't see the issue with having more than one version of the characters I like. I'm not selling my vintage or trilogy editions or any of my 12" or any other countless versions of Boba Fett and Darth Vader because of the Black Series.

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I wouldn't sell him, he's a damn fine looking floating space cannon when he's mounted on a stand. Perfect desk toy.

11. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

based on takaratomy and hasbro's milking tendency, i would say bumblejumper aka mp21r is next

12. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm with you on this one buddy, Malware5 I don't know if I was being implicated as one who blindlessly bashes MP's due to some designer bias.
    Being an architect aswell as having studied design & art I think I have the intelligence and experience to read and understand design cues. I care who designs these things because I care about, well you guessed it...DESIGN!
    Some designers are better than others its just that simple.

Hasui better represents these figures than Koyabashi because he has an OCD like drive to make them the perfect mix match of the source materials in ways us ( the biggest critics) would even overlook. Koyabashi doesn't have quite the same attention to detail and its visible a mile away.

Kobayashi's is a great designer and I still buy his work however he is not my favourite designer. I think this is the point most people make and there is nothing wrong with having a favourite. People have favourite basketball & football players, why is this any different.

Thanks for the jewels TCracker. It was your posts that used to make this forum so great & birthed the thousands of pages.

Slave IV can you drop us a cryptic hint? maybe one of his primary colours that isn't purple... say beige or green?

13. optimalprimus

optimalprimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    any hints on who this other character is?

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    fail Kobayashi fail

kobayashi designed my fave masterpiece mp03/mp11 so got nowt against him :D  still think ironhide would have been better if Hasui was lead designer still

Hironori Kobayashi - Transformers Wiki

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes

Oh yea? News would probably break in September when Tracks hits the market.

He's been rumored for a long time now, I'm betting this figure design was mostly done by Hausi.

I'm guessing that the MP Thundercracker would be a Hasbro Asia release similar to what we got with Skywarp. So that wouldn't get a new MP number it would just be MP-11TC and wouldn't affect TT current MP plans.

Or a long overdue one? ;) 

Yes, that is the truth heck even the Combiner Wars repaint is terrible. I'll probably pick it up because it's a TB figure.

Sources are cool to have typically I keep the first few nuggets to myself until I see if they pan out.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  16. TheTFCollector

TheTFCollector Well-Known Member

What would be your ideal 2016 masterpiece run, expecting Ironhide as the last 2015 release. Typically, they will use some existing molds to run a few characters , and also come out with 2 or 3 new molds. Here is mine:

Ratchet / Cliffjumper /Thundercracker (Mostly existing engineering)

Shockwave or Megatron (although 3rd party has good standins) and
    Galvatron as new molds.

And at least one surprise autobot car like Sunstreaker or Jazz.

(I would go nuts for a scale accurate Trailbreaker, since he has been getting the tiny treatment with generations and combiner wars molds)

My 2016 would be very satisfying with a lineup like this.

-Bob

17. Raiju

Raiju Stormborn Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really hope Takara or Hasbro Asia gives us a Slicer redeco using the Wheeljack mold. I'd buy the shit outta dat.

18. Enterlaw

Enterlaw Well-Known Member

I would also be super excited for Trailbreaker, who has been getting somewhat of a resurgence over the last year or so.

19. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Yeah, what the MP line needs is a force field.

20. LeakinLubricant

Ebay:

Nah no room for multiple versions of characters in my collection, once I see official confirmation of MP Shockwave ol Quakey's sold (assuming I like what I see from TT that is)