The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Welcome to TFW! We were all lurkers at some point (I probably lurked for close to a year before joining). Thanks for deciding to join in and help...people could use it with the way this line has gone so far.

And...

Unicron-Like-Dubious.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. PythonPatrolJTLJ

PythonPatrolJTLJ Active Member

Well thanks very much - I appreciate the welcome! I’ll do my best to help contribute to the community you’ve all built here!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Welcome and awesome that you come in trying to help! This is a good group of collectors so you should fit in well.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Always glad to see that someone likes the atmosphere and enjoys the toys as much as we all do.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    That’s how it was showing up at all my local GameStops but I managed to see 1 today but at full price($22.99).

I’ve been somewhat tempted since seeing the initial pics just for the audacity of the deco and what it comes with. It was hilarious when the 25th one was revealed. This one upped the ante with the burning stack of cash.

So I picked it up. I wanted to wait for an Iron Grenadier Destro but who knows if/when that’ll be released and if it’ll even be what I want it to be. I’m actually glad I picked up PD Destro. I’m actually tempted to get the regular Destro now(same base mold).

Out of all my Classified figures, which sparks jealous outrage for all(I only have 4 figures total), this one has the best tolerance across all the joints. Drop down hips are easier to manipulate. I wish the cape was made out of faux fur, as it’s made out of PVC and tends to hinder shoulder movement. You can move it out of the way to free up shoulder range, by tilting it to the side, but it doesn’t look right.

Aside from that, only issue is that the glasses don’t stay on well very securely. I also wish it had the bigger gun from the regular release. I guess the deco, shades and burning stash of IDGAF money is even compensation.

6. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

So Duke and Scarlet are okay, Duke’s shin guards are a pain and the legs are wonkier than Beachhead (they share the same legs right?). Scarlet’s head is loose and her Arrow pack moves around to much but no other complaints, she’s cool.

“Yo, Joe!”
    E0BDBF38-520D-4ECA-A142-B08D542D18EF.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  7. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Not my pic, just thought it was cool.

The gun is from wfc Centurion.

319d241.png

• Like Like x 8
  8. PythonPatrolJTLJ

So maybe I missed it somewhere but regarding the Classified series: when you look at the ‘check my collection’ link on the gijoe.hasbro site, it shows an ‘06 F3112 Regal Variant Cobra Commander’ in what seems to be a lighter blue suit with yellow accents. Do you guys know anything about that one or where it’s been released? I have the standard 06 E8497 Conra Commander and the Snake Supreme on order, but I don’t know what the deal is with that one - any thoughts? Thank you -

9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    It’s a NTWRK exclusive and you had to download their app to buy it or something and the figure was supposed to be out by now but isn’t.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PythonPatrolJTLJ

Oh that’s what you guys were talking about a number of pages ago - thank you; I guess I missed that part of it. Thanks for clarifying -

11. packetpc40

packetpc40 Well-Known Member

Originally thought to be a NTWRK exclusive, as the regal light blue version was the version depicted in photos on the NTWRK site. At the last minute, it was announced on Twitter that it was just the standard dark blue version that was being sold on NTWRK.
    Hasbro Pulse ended up selling it on their own web site, possibly because of what a fiasco the NTWRK pre-sale ended up being, and gave people until 7/30 to pre-order, so unfortunately, the window is closed now. Here was the listing:
    G.I. Joe Classified Series Cobra Commander Regal Variant Action Figure – Hasbro Pulse

• Like Like x 3
  12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

@packetpc40 is correct. You can completely ignore anything from NTWRK as they are a completely useless waste of time. They got people hyped to get the lighter color CC only by downloading their shitty app only to pull the rug during the order process to say it was just the regular dark version you can get anywhere. Even then, you still couldn’t get an order though on their app. The lighter blue Cobra Commander ended up being a Hasbro Pulse exclusive.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Huh? No it ended up being a Pulse exclusive. NTWRK essentially pulled a bait and switch on people and didn't announce that what they were really selling was just the regular release until after people ordered.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Gotcha, I forgot the details

• Like Like x 1
  15. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

Oh man, that NTWRK thing was a fiasco. And those of us who did manage to get an order in through them can’t even get our regular colored Cobra Commanders. Lol

• Like Like x 4
  16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards! Most of the folks here are friendly and helpful...just don’t venture into any of Transformers Masterpiece threads, and things will be fine!

Oh man, I have both Cobra Commander and that Megatron gun and yet didn’t think of that!

• Like Like x 3
  17. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my Baroness, Beach Head, Cobra Trooper and Roadblock today. Not planning on keeping Roadblock as I also have the Wave 1 version.

Baroness is cool and looks sexy as hell. The knife doesn't want to stay in the sheath terribly well and getting her on the bike is a pain, but dig the figure.

Beach Head is awesome. I actually like the beret on him. Very happy to have him.

The Trooper is just badass. So many accessories! Question though; where does that flap thing go?

Anyway, very happy to have the figures. Can't wait for the next wave.

• Like Like x 2
  18. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

FF5126F1-BC3E-4E89-B673-0D6BCE98F2CB.jpeg
    Hey Rob, glad you now have the figures, I just got the Trooper and Baroness yesterday. They are fantastic figures even though I have to pay a markup price. The flap goes on his upper arm.

• Like Like x 4
  19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where did you order the Cobra Trooper from? Was it available in your country?

• Like Like x 1
  20. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got it from a local shop. None of the big retail shops here seem to be carrying the line, but quite a few of the small, privately owned shops are selling the figures.

• Like Like x 2