The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

Ehhh... I just ordered some Little Armory guns from AmiAmi to use with Snake-Eyes and Scarlett...

Hm? Yes? Oh, well hello to you too rabbit hole...

2. protohuman

protohuman Science is a fantastic illusion

Just because I haven't found anything doesn't mean anything. The other Classified collector I met was very similar to me. He wasn't convinced in the line until he had a Snake Eyes figure and had a go with it himself. This dude had lucked out major and had most of the Wave 1 and 2 line found in stores across the local county. My eyes lite up every time he told me about where he found such and such Cobra figure. My time is coming. Although I love to talk smack, I'm holding onto the Joe's in hopes one day I can trade for a Cobra.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    “One of us....

COBRAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”

• Like Like x 3
  4. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I just made a mass order of Little Armory weapons from Amazon Japan. On top of what I already have stocked up, I will have a decent arsenal.

As for regular releases, yeah, I haven't seen ANY GI Joe anything in the stores so I'm glad the regular ones are easy to order tax and shipping cost free online and prefer it that way. I'm sure many of these will eventually end up on clearance too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Do I ever shut up?

News Credits:
    Went to a second Target, fat nothing.

6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yep, that's true.
    That would work for Fumbles for sure.

Yep, totally agree with that statement.

8. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Did you... check stock?

Some folks on Hisstank went to 11 Targets. Why?

Target Search Results | PopFindr

9. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Do I ever shut up?

News Credits:
    Yeah, even talked to a guy there, they sold out in the morning.

That is Epic.

10. packetpc40

packetpc40 Well-Known Member

My Target had like 8 people waiting this morning, with about 6 Joe figures. They limited to one figure per customer. I was the fifth in line and lucky to get a Beachhead.

• Like Like x 4
  11. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

I stopped at 3 Targets today, all showing troopers in stock, came back with empty pockets.

Target is like my relationship with breakfast burritos, it's a love-hate kind of a thing.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  13. protohuman

protohuman Science is a fantastic illusion

Don't forget to take a 2 minute survey about today's trip.
    informtarget.com

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Man, it's crazy the different experiences people have with exclusives. Those were one of the easier ones to find for me. I went to 2-3 different WMs in one day and found all of them, and that was right around Christmas IIRC. I even managed to get five of the SMS to go with the five red HISS tanks from the Target battlepack, four of which in contrast were bought on steeeep clearance because they languished. WM is such a crapshoot; there are tons I never saw in store at all over the years. I generally have better luck with Target exclusives. I feel like Target at least has more uniform distribution so that most/all stores get at least one shipment. WM distribution seems to skip entire cities or regions at times.

As for these exclusives, I've had no luck online or in store. I went last weekend and saw a lone Roadblock, which means that store had probably been picked clean despite never showing up as in stock on brickseek, etc. As the links flickered in and out in the last few hours, that store never showed up as an option and only showed limited stock or store pick-up at 2-3 in the area. This is..not a great look for a line a half dozen figures in. My BBTS pile of loot with a wave 1 case arrives tomorrow. There was no scramble to accumulate all of them separately online or in person, the way it should be in fucking 2020, pandemic or not. For store exclusives, either limit the quantity to 1-2 or have a limited but guaranteed preorder window like Pulse does with some stuff. Better yet, do what LEGO does; give the stores their exclusives, but have them also available at the 'main' site (Pulse, in this case I guess). I dunno man, I'm tired of this shit. I've been playing this game since 1995 and I have a lot more money to burn now than I did then. It's like, y'all want it or not? Guess not, I'ma go buy more LEGO.

15. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Undercover so long, they all forgot who I work for

Took a trip into Walmart today. I haven't been in the Walmart for... idunno a couple months now I guess.

I was hoping to find some of the wave 1 Joes. Nothing. No Joes, no where. I looked for empty spaces with tags... nothing.

This Walmart does historically have the most depressing toy section ever, so I should have known.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Just curious as I’ve seen at least 2 reports of wave 2 being sighted at Target, did any of you see wave 2 today or after your Target did a reset?

17. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Instagram:
    I went to a Target that showed 6 Roadblocks in stock, get there and there was nothing. Saw the new Punisher and got that to ease the burn of disappointment. When me and my uncle went to lunch, I checked and there was a Target 9 minutes away that had 1 Beachhead (supposedly), but he vanished from stock during our lunch.

Since I don’t have that history with this franchise like y’all do I’m not really gonna fret over it, I’d say there’s a very decent chance that Beachhead will be repainted where his guns aren’t just green and he’ll have a different shade of green. And since the Cobra troopers are army builders they’ve gotta give them a mainline release, they’d probably sour the line more than they have to those invested in this line.

Hopefully Hasbro sees the...results of this exclusivity and makes better judgement in the future when stocking this line.

• Like Like x 5
  18. WealthimusPrime

WealthimusPrime Well-Known Member

Does Hasbro have a Facebook or Twitter we can flood with complaints about their Target fiasco? Does Target?

19. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

The stockfinders have been a guide at best. Every shop I've been to show some stock but they have nothing and employees all say it's all sold out. I've been to shops with no stock showing for other items in the past but found items. I went to several Targets and a couple Walmarts and haven't seen a since Joe. Anyways, like I said, it's just a game to me and it's interesting to see this all play out. Shops getting one or two cases for an entire community of collectors seems ridiculous.

20. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Its the Nintendo method.

• Like Like x 3