The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I was one of the naysayers for Classified until getting them in hand. I like all of the colors of wave 1 and would prefer to see it continued, so I only have myself to blame if the fan complaints led to changes.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    It’s possible that deco wasn’t mapped out initially beyond ARAH palettes. I think Hasbro spent time trying to figure out how to get some media tie in to actually tie into the line. Once they realized that game company could come up with something quick, that’s probably when they decided on the deco to help the game push the figures and vice versa. Meanwhile the Cobra Island assortment is a welcome alternative venue for getting more subdued colors.

This is the gist I get after hearing how long ago these molds were pretty much ready to go.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lilmac

lilmac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The only copy I have is the all black one. Was saying the visor being black or silver both look good(on the all black SE).

4. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

WOO-HOO! My BBTS pre-order for Wave 1 finally hit my PoL. SMASHING that shipping trigger!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Swapped out some of the soft-good pieces to try and evoke the original v2 toy. Also thinking about painting the exclusive SE's visor a dark grey like the v2, but I dunno. I think I like this better...but I'm not sure. The all black looks really nice, and the brown/grey from the exclusive isn't quite right. I'm not looking forward to removing/reattaching the belt, if I change my mind. Was definitely a tight fit sliding it down SE's keister and thighs. But holy moly is the retail version's torso loose. Anybody have any luck using floor polish or anything?

IMG_20200727_202909.jpg

IMG_20200727_202814.jpg

Can't wait to see what else this line has in store. Hopefully they ditch the shin armor and just keep moving towards the classic looks for these characters. I think Destro is pretty much the perfect example of what I'd like to see more of - smart, subtle updates to the original designs. I think each wave they reveal looks better than the last, so I'm optimistic we'll get there, as long as the line keeps going.

• Like Like x 7
  6. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Psychological Operations

They didn't even say there was a game supporting the line when they announced. o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I’ve seen someone repaint the straps using a cool grey like the 1985 V2 look and it popped very well visually, a lot better than I expected.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Nice, that sounds more like the color combo I'm after. Did you see that in this thread or another site?

9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    It may have been here pages back, I forgot

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Psychological Operations

Has anyone shown pics of the V1 Roadblock head and vest with the V2 body? If not, someone hook that up. :) 

11. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I say buy if you have the money and make your final thoughts when you have it inhand, if you don't like him then sell pretty sure ill be worth more than retail because it was supposed to be an sdcc exclusive

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Latest 0728200415.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  13. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Saying the Cobra Island figures are more subdued seems wrong to me. It’s pretty clear that is all cost-cutting and a straight-up lack of paint apps rather and a conscious effort to be more subdued.

14. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my first classified:

C8C6860B-0814-48F1-8359-582851184F43.jpeg

I like him a fair bit, though I'd rather no drop down hips than slightly loose ones - makes for annoying fiddlyness. (I'd rather tight drop down hips than either though - Spider man's are great). I think the long hype-wait has meant I'm not as excited as I'd otherwise be too, though I'm fully expecting him to grow on me. Might snip the strap between the belt and holster, as I've seen others do.

Yeah, I'm super interested in seeing this too. And I'm hoping the strappy nature of his vest means articulation isn't too restricted. Am also hoping there'll be some way to get him in the UK...

Yeah, I also reckon some expectation setting ('it ain't ARAH') would have made a big difference in the nerd rage response.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Reedbot

Reedbot Well-Known Member

I like the colors in the wave one figures too. It's why I'm getting the Pulse light blue CC instead of retail and Pulse Snake-Eyes instead of the retail version. I'm hoping Baroness, Cobra Trooper and Beachhead will come with their original color schemes when the non exclusive versions are released.

16. Legate

Instead of an all-red Baroness, I wouldn't be mad at an alternate red and black version. Pretty sure I wouldn't be down for blue though.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Agreed, never was much of a fan of the blue outfit for Baroness. Out of curiosity, where does the red outfit come from? I've seen pics of it, but don't know if they were official sources

18. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I think she was in a Joe Con comic in that outfit, but I am not sure that is the origin point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Legate

I might be wrong, so someone fact check me on this, but I THINK it stems from a Crimson Guard set in which she was included.
    AFAIK there's no canon that it stems from.

My only thing is that, on her, the blue and red decos look kind of drab IMO. But I think red and black would suit her really well.

• Like Like x 2
  20. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Yep, I should have said the comic was from the boxset. My brain is not firing on all cylinders yet. Lol

• Like Like x 2