The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

So scalpers bought them all?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I picked that up.

Whats the story behind that Roadblock design?

3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    No clue. They're listed as part of "Special Mission: Cobra Island" so maybe it's a comic or something.

4. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, they haven't fixed the problem because they also have a finite amount of inventory on-line. The problem is actually worse, because a B&M location is limited to shoppers in the geographical region, on-line shoppers can order from a larger geographic region with the same finite inventory. IDK, I kind of figured there would be an internal clock built in to their system to help mitigate who placed an item in their cart first.

Here's one last scenario: It's the holiday season, you wake up to get to your local B&M Target store to try and get the hot holiday toy. You manage to get in, and somehow manage to get to the toy section and snag one of the toys you came for, temporarily securing it (people who get the item in their cart on-line). But you have other shopping to do. Do you go all the way back to the register and pay for the individual item immediately, or do you continue your shopping and pay for all items together? Yes, there will still be disappointed people (people who couldn't get it in their cart at all). And yes, you can still opt not to purchase the item (removing the item from your on-line "cart" either deliberately or automatically after a set amount of time), to make it available for someone else. All, I am saying is either call it a "cart" and let it have the same functionality as a physical one, or call it something different.

5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Where else can we go to buy these exclusives?

• Like Like x 2
  6. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hail Galvatron gets it. I feel your pain, HG.

7. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Well I missed the boat on those Target exclusives. Angry face.

• Like Like x 3
  8. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Actually, he doesn’t get it if he’s comparing it to having a physical item in his possession.

9. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    The comparison is apt, unlike your logic justifying the stupidity.

• Like Like x 1
  10. backhawkdown

your example is the same as your previous in-store example and simply reveals the flaw of in-store inventory, so you are again attempting to argue because that flaw exists in-store it somehow justifies not solving it online as they have. That’s a silly argument. That problem has been solved.

the crux of your disappointment remains your confusion because you are under the guise that adding something to your cart online is the equivalent of having it in your possession in store. They aren’t the same so it’s silly for you to continue to present scenarios that are dependent on comparing those.

11. backhawkdown

No it’s not apt. Anyone who continues, in this day and age, to argue that having an physical item in your possession in store is the same as adding it to your cart online is simply ignorant of online shopping. You are the victim of your own ignorance if that is your expectation, not a victim of the system.

12. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    The more I look at Beach, the more he looks crap.

Dollar Store looking guns, no camo on legs, puffy sleeves...

13. Tahukanuva

Tahukanuva Human After All

Really, it’s more like you went to a physical Target, and as you were reaching for the item on the shelf hundreds of purpose built androids with speed and reflexes a thousand times that of a human being rocketed through the toy aisles, indescriminately grabbed every new product available, and left the store with them before you could blink.

And then the androids took the figures to the collectibles booth at the local flea market

• Like Like x 8
  14. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Damn those androids!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had one in my cart at 9am also. Clicked checkout. Got password input screen (even though I had just signed in), used my saved password, Target says its incorrect. Clicked a second time, the same password then goes through. Click checkout... Baroness Unavailable. :mad: 

16. backhawkdown

Even eliminating the nefarious bot conspiracy, it’s the equivalent of hundreds of people grabbbing a single item, in-store, simultaneously and arguing their 1/100th of the possession of it entitles them to the item moreso than the 1/100th possession of it of the other 99 people.

it’s sheer adolescent entitlement — I deserve it simply because I want it, regardless of whether we all have equal claim to it. Having it in your cart is not sole possession of it, it’s having shared possession of it, but the people whining are arguing as if it is sole possession — hence making flawed comparison to having sole possession in store. None of them have the most basic information necessary to argue sole possession — did they actually add it to the cart before anyone else? Considering the system allows multiple consumers to add the inventory to their cart, for all they know, they were second to add it and it belonged rightfully to the first person if they are arguing sole possession, and so they still had no “right” to it despite it being in their cart by their own criteria of first to add it.

but that would require them to be honest, and they are simply attempting to justify why they deserve the item moreso than anyone else. Their 1/100 of possession should count more.

17. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Just can't believe an army builder like the F CLONE TROOPER is an exclusive!!!

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see how a cobra trooper would be an exclusive. I am sure we will see these figures in some other form easily attainable.

but who f**king knows, right? It's 2020, after all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    This batch is Target exclusive... so in-store or pay a scalper on eBay if they don't come back in stock on the website.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

Dang... looks like I need to pay more sttention to Joes... all these exclusives im already missing out on.