The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

So unhappy with Amazon right now. I preordered 3 Snakes Eyes practically the second the preorder went live. First it was delayed, same as a lot of other folks. But yesterday I got an e-mail from Amazon informing me that my shipment was "lost" somewhere in Florida and my order was being refunded. Not cool, Amazon, not cool :/

2. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

Lol. They probably should have just named “Arctic Mission Storm Shadow,” “Mangled Packaging Storm Shadow,” instead.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Hooray for redeemed-good-guy-Ninja Force leader Storm Shadow!!! I miss the classic shoulder armor though. It really looked good and broke up all the white on the torso.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I prefer that look too. That's never been replicated on any other figure of Ninja Force Storm Shadow aside from the original figure. The 12" Hall of Fame figure lacked the shoulder pads with shurikens/grenades altogether, same with the Dollar General figure from years back(which itself may have been an homage to the 12" HOF figure).

I do like that this new one comes with a kama, if it had a katana instead of the ninja-to it'd actually be a closer match to the weapons that the Ninja Force Storm Shadow had(in this case, I don't mind since Storm Shadow is a ninja after all, makes sense to have a ninja sword instead of a katana). The kama looks small though...might even be the size of the original.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I've never had that at all in all of the times I've preordered from Pulse. They do one preauthorization charge to make sure the card is legit, which goes away a day or two later, and they never charge you again until the item is instock to ship.

My only complaint is I wish I could just pay for preorders in Paypal.

I consider free shipping from Pulse to be a much better deal. Not to mention Pulse doesn't mark up their figures like BBTS does.

Anyway, I think I like the lighter blue CC much better, but I could do without Pimp Daddy Destro. I mean, this is wave 2 and we're already getting repaints. WTF? :lol  :banghead: 

Storm Shadow and Gung Ho don't do anything for me either. I'd rather it be SS in his normal white outfit instead of his Ninja Force stylized one.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  6. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    I’m also tempted to get him. It’s not often that you see a figure that burns money in more ways than one. I’m surprised he’s not an online exclusive like the Generations Selects.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Ordered Storm Shadow. Deciding where to order CC. I’m not into Gung-Ho as a character, but the figure has what I’ve been saying Classified needs to do - multiple weapons, storage, and removable gear. This version looks like he could be from Aliens.

Still debating on Red Ninja.

8. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lot of people putting on weight in lockdown, hasbro just factoring that in.

I actually kinda dig the cc one, proportions aside.

Yeah, it suggests they’re taking into account some of the fan reactions to the first wave.

Destro and SS look pretty great! I’ve never been that fussed about going ho, but he looks like a solid release (tattoo aside). The red ninja looks better than I expected, though I wish they’d avoid things like those loincloths that get in the way of articulation (or use soft goods).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So far the only Joe I have ordered is Snake Eyes. Gung Ho is tempting but just doesn't scratch the itch.

10. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Yeah, only Snake Eyes really gives off a really big ARAH vibe to me. I might get some of the ninjas to set up fight scenes but the rest of the Joes/Cobra so far don't really make me want to go into the line fully just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Guys, how many Red Ninjas did you get? :D 

12. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Zero
    200.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. DarkEyes

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up Snake Eyes deluxe! The packaging looks sick! Will open the figure in the next few days!

1 Red Ninja?! The heck?! It should be 2 of each in a case! I’m now worried if its Vipers or Troopers?! Hasbro!!! I want to army build!!! X)

Yeah...this version of Storm Shadow really reminds me of the Ninja Force version...arrghhh...I may have to break my rule of getting just 1 version of a modern iteration of a character!

Oh man...if that Sarge comes up in plain black muscle tee, I’ll get him!

Yeah...I just want the ARAH designs too! But knowing Hasbro, they will milk us with the modern designs first then they will move on to the classics versions.

• Like Like x 2
  15. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No doubt. “Oh it’s a collectible well we will just throw in on a padded envelope and hope for the best”. As it gets tossed around while in transit. Let’s set these heavy packages on it while we’re at it.:lol 

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Honestly, when I order one figure at a time and they get shipped in those padded envelopes they get to me in excellent shape. If I order multiple items and they all manage to ship together the item's packaging usually ends up mangled even if the shipping box is pristine, because Amazon will inevitably choose the smallest possible box to stuff multiple items in and crush them in the process.

Three currently. Might get more, but I'm trying not to troop build too much.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dude, I’m curious why did you order 3 red ninjas? Do 3 form a “squad”? Like the Zaku IIs in Gundam?

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Nah, it's just an arbitrary number I try to keep myself to when troop building 6" figures. Otherwise they'd take up too much real estate on the shelves.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DarkEyes

I got 6 red ninjas :D  that is my number for army building.

Man, I understand you, shelf space is limited and there are still a lot of good figures out there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the explanation! 3 is indeed a good number for me too. Its that I need to set aside the cash for the more traditional cobra troops! :) 

• Like Like x 1