The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. lilmac

lilmac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When is SE dropping? Not the deluxe version from Hasbro Pulse. Also, what are the two mystery figures at BBTS when you per order a case?

2. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure that anyone knows for sure. I think Destro is rumored to be one of the two secret figures. Maybe the other is the regular release Snake Eyes? I’m not really sure. That’s purely speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    That's what people were saying at first... the guys who saw the original solicitations and had to sign NDAs, but now some people are speculating that they've changed them to movie versions of Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow otherwise they wouldn't have called them secret figures. But, yeah, no one knows for sure since Hasbro isn't being too forthcoming yet with Classified.

• Like Like x 3
  4. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

20200301_222317.jpg 20200301_222247.jpg 20200301_222222.jpg 20200301_222154.jpg 20200301_222130.jpg 20200301_222104.jpg

I was cleaning out some boxes yesterday and ran across these dio backdrops from the 25th and other Joe lines, there were even some sewer backdrops from TMNT, I'm such a pack rat.

Anyway, I figured I would offer them up here before they go up on evilbay. PM me if there is any interest.

• Like Like x 2
  5. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was at the local toy con a month ago.. Joe's really kicked up their value.
    At loose figures are like TF Deluxe class pricing and the mint ones are now at leader class price points.
    Crazy.

I only have the following snake eyes figs:
    - Commando
    - Black Ops (v2 or v3?)
    - w/ Timber (v2 right?)
    - Paris Pursuit (ROC)
    - City Strike (ROC or Retaliation?)

I missed the movie SE figure with a Paris Pursuit head with loaded accessories.
    Is that from Retaliation line? Or an extended line after ROC?

6. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

You might be thinking of the Pursuit of Cobra Snakes Eyes. Check out the Hisstank Database.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The only other Snake Eyes figure with the Paris Pursuit head was the one that came with some zip tie vehicle in the ROC line and had different web gear.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Saw a couple reviews on YouTube for Classified Snake Eyes, only issues so far are some loose joints, otherwise the reviewers seem impressed, especially by the articulation.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Hoping some of the new articulation finds it's way into Hasbro's other 6" lines.

• Like Like x 2
  10. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Despite the criticism I’ve seen Hasbro receive for the line accusing them of the designs not grasping the market, I think the articulation they’ve put into these figures reflects their grasp on the core brand element of articulation. From the original 60’s figures to RAH, leading the market in articulation has defined the Joe brand. For that reason alone I think Hasbro will try to keep Joe more articulated than their other lines, so it is the mass market leader in that category (at least in its own product offerings).

• Like Like x 5
  11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Except when they didn't and made five PoA Retaliation figures because you were already getting a vehicle why would you need more articulated figures to cram in them?

12. backhawkdown

Yes, Hasbro has failed in understanding that articulation is a core brand identity — twice with supposed Joe expert Derryl DePriest in charge (Retaliation drivers and GvC Wave 1), and G.I. Joe Extreme.

Hence why it’s impressive they’ve added extra articulation beyond what their other 6” lines have because it reflects that the current product team does understand the brand.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Or it could be that Snake-eyes is a "ninja" and ninjas are supposed to be flexible.

The 25th line had, at times, inconsistent articulation starting with Roadblock. Marvel Legends has inconsistent articulation, if memory serves, and I wouldn't be surprised if some figures in this line wind up not having all the PoA of others further down the line.

I hope Hasbro is putting effort into this line but I won't be optimistic because they have proven that they are anything but consistent. These first few figures are the lure needed to set the hook. Never forget that.

14. backhawkdown

I’m not sure what you are arguing. Nobody is denying that Hasbro has failed in the past. The point is with these figures they haven’t.

seems you are just being contrary to be contrary and missing the points that are being stated. Hasbro’s failures in the past are absolutely irrelevant to the added articulation they’ve given this line.

15. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Undercover so long, they all forgot who I work for

Now THAT is a scary thought! :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  16. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm having a gut feel that if this line expands, they'll put every version of Snake Eyes in each wave.
    Just to sell the whole wave :lol 

17. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    No, there's no being contrary simply to be. What I am doing is explaining that you shouldn't expect the entire line to be the same as the first few figures. This is the hype stage of the marketing.

It's great that you're excited but it's very much premature to say everything is going to live up to the standard this one figure sets.

It's cautionary, not contrary.

And while I may wind up wrong by keeping expectations low, it's highly unlikely that I can be disappointed.

18. backhawkdown

Problem is, your being cautionary is not an argument, it’s a behavior.

I’m arguing that articulation is a core brand identity of the brand when you examine its history from the 60’s through the 80’s, which encompass the two most defining lines of the brand that are thought of when you think G.I. Joe — the original line and RAH. There is no rational argument that can be made that articulation wasn’t a key brand identity of those lines.

Adding more articulation to these figures than Hasbro’s other 6” lines reflects an understanding of the importance of articulation to the brand. Questioning whether it will continue simply isn’t relevant, we are discussing what is not what may not be.

you’re entitled to temper your expectations but doing so doesn’t address or dispute my argument.

19. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want to see that o-ring waist and hip articulation in action. Possibly the best thing in this line, especially for female characters. Get a lot more personality out of toy.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    It's...it's...

CLASSIFIED

• Like Like x 7