The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

I saw some Retalliation figures at Five Below, but some kid grabbed them before I could decide whether to pick any of them up, lol. More power to him, I suppose.

2. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

when it opens, i am so hitting the 5below thats opening a mile from my house.

3. Crockett

I went back and there were still two more left. I got an Ultimate Flint and a Firefly.

I am not a huge fan of the franchise, but I had pretty much fun with the Dollar General figures I picked up, last year. And they do come with a lot of stuff. :) 

I might see if I can swap their heads. Firefly's head would look cool on Flint's body...

4. Crockett

They didn't get any more in from what I can tell. All they had was 12-inch Roadblock's and Snake eyes.

Does anyone know which figures I can expect to find? It's tough picking them up on the spot when you have never seen the figures before....

5. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't collect G.I. Joe, but I did when I was a kid. I just picked up the whole wave at my local 5Below. Ultimate Roadblock, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Flint, Firefly, Cobra Commander, Crimson Guard, Budo, Kwinn, some other Cobra Ninja guy, and one other I forget. I'm ready now if my son ever starts liking G.I. Joe.

6. Crockett

I also found quite a few of them, I got a few more but could not afford to buy them all. I wish the toy industry would take a vacation for a months. :lol 

Wondering if I should have picked up the Crimson Guard... Not a big fan of that red. :p 

7. bobbyjack

News Credits:
    I just looked at what I bought. It was 10 figures. The 9 that I named above and a Cobra Combat Ninja. He actually looks pretty cool and has a big Cobra flag. Firefly comes with a rocket launcher that looks like a HISS tank and C.C. comes with a backpack helicopter that looks like a FANG. These are the first Joe figures I've bought since probably 1987. I left a Roadblock and a C.C. behind. If there are only 12 in a case, those were the doubles. I guess I'll have to go to another 5Below to pick up a 2nd Crimson Guardsman. Budo has Samurai mask and helmet. Really neat figures for $5 each.

8. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that case had no doubles. looks like you missed movie Duke and Data Viper

9. bobbyjack

News Credits:
    Thanks! Gives me more motivation to check out other 5Belows and see if I can pick them up.

10. Crockett

I started picking up some last year at Dollar General and Ollie's. They're nice. They have good articulation, come with a lot of extras, and the price is sweet. I tend to dislike "soldier figures," but at least the figures in this wave come with removable helmets and second heads and whatnot. I plan to mix and match.

If they stick around for a month or two, I might pick up a few that I passed on. But they will probably fly. There haven't been many figures from the franchise on store shelves for quite a few months now.

11. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why does the nearest 5 below have to be over 100 miles away? i need more Crimson Guard badly and maybe a Combat Ninja or 2

12. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been wanting a Budo for a while now. Let's hope the 5 Below "near" me has one...

13. Crockett

The side of the package refers to Roadblock as a Ninja? Ok.

14. bobbyjack

News Credits:
    I hit the 5Below to the north of me and I was able to pick up Duke, the Data Viper, and a 2nd Crimson Guardsman. Also got a Combat Ninja to trade. Then I stopped at TRU on the way home and got Lady Jaye.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Just an FYI.....TRU now has the Eaglehawk marked down to 50% off. I picked one up today for $22.49. Now I just have to return the one I got a couple weeks ago for 40% off.

16. Crockett

Well, I got the Crimson Guard and Kwinn. I didn't have to pay anything for them, though. I got them on store credit.

I had to exchange several of those Wolverine figures they got in last week. They can't be kept MOC. The bubbles pop right off. I even had to glue one of them back on, or else an exchange would not have been possible. Apparently, Five Below doesn't do refunds, only exchanges.

It would be nice if Hasbro would put enough glue on their cards for unarticulated figures. Since they can't be posed, what few of us are willing to pick them up can then choose the best display option available.

17. Crockett

I'm starting to like Crimson Guard. The red isn't as big of an issue as I thought. He would look better if his mask weren't black, but I'm not going to paint it.

18. octibon

octibon Well-Known Member

19. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So 5 Below didn't have Budo, but at least I got to pick up a Cyber Ninja.

Also stopped by a Dollar General and got a Snake Eyes. Funny how this guy holds his sword better than any 3.75" toy I've ever owned. And he even comes with a stand (best bargain toy ever :lol ).

20. Crockett

Wait, you've seen Cyber Ninja at a Five Below?

Somebody bought me a Data Viper. I think the only Five Below figure I'm lacking is Budo. I've seen him plenty of times, I'm just not that thrilled about him.