The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Is the new Artic Bat a special release or a standard release? I would really like to army build those.

2. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Pulse, Amazon, BBTS and Entertainment Earth is carrying them so you should be able to army build (I did 10 :rolleyes: ). Not sure about other sites though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Amazon and Fan Channel (Pulse, BBTS, EE, Nerdzoic, etc) only. So you won't find them at Walmart or Target.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :lol  I mean... you're not wrong! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

I think HISS Tank has done a pretty good job summarizing the pre-orders/releases for June and July.

If you want to know what they have to say, but are afraid to click the link then:
    We now have 4 upcoming confirmed preorder dates for Yo Joe June. The next G.I. Joe Classified HasLab kicks off this Monday June 5th at 11AM with the heavy favorite rumored Dragonfly with Wild Bill. This has been a long running story that will come to a official conclusion shortly. The next set of preorders are as follows, June 14th, June 21st and June 28th. It is not clear if all of these dates will be accompanied with Fans First G.I. Joe live stream events and G.I. Joe Classified preorders.

Our breakdown as to what we expect to go up for preorder is as follows: The usual caveats apply until official preorders are listed. This is a list of curated rumors from all over the web from mostly accurate computer listings and nefarious Cobra Agents.

Next G.I. Joe Classified Full Wave of 5

Firefly
    Hawk
    Ripper
    Tunnel Rat
    Low-Light

Second Possible G.I. Joe Classified Full Wave of 5

Buzzer
    Helix
    Snow Serpent
    Crimson Viper
    Grunt

Deluxe Sizes (there are now 3 different price points)

G.I. Joe Steel Corps. 2-Pack

SDCC 2023 Rumored Exclusive

Crimson Strike Team- Crimson Baroness with Crimson Twins

Walwart Collectors Con 2023 (same weekend as SDCC 2023)

Night Force Shockwave
    Shadow Tracker

Amazon Collector Con 2023 (same weekend as SDCC 2023)

Arctic Ninja Nunchuck

Target Collector Event (unknow date)

Tiger Force Flint
    Python Patrol Ninja
    Python Patrol Tele Viper with Trouble Bubble (Flight Pod)

PulseCon 2023

Chuckles with Armory

Although it is easier and more up to date to just visit HISSTank.com to keep up to date.

EDIT:. I did watch The Full Force Podcast and they claim a slightly different schedule of figures.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

So what’s the gist on Rock N Roll? I know many were critical of the last wave. Is he showing a return to previous Classified form or no?

8. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

My estimation with figuring 2 Crimson Vipers and 3 Snow Serpent's, 55$ for the steel brigades, 100$ for the Crimson SDCC set, and 50$ for the Chuckles set, is +or- 750$....

Add in a 300$ Haslab....

Kind of crazy that this all has to come all at once.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Enewtabie

Enewtabie One of the Four Rejecticons...

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I'm all in on the sub lines, but this CG in the Python colors really pops. I think a head swap with the original would look cool as well.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

So any guesses on what the tiers may look like on this HasLab? The HISS was 8,000 to fund and 16,000 to unlock all 4 tiers.

11. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

First tier is helicopter blades

Second tier is a canopy

:p 

• Like Like x 8
  12. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don’t give them ideas. :D 

If it is the Dragonfly weren’t the old rumoured stretch goals Airbourne, Ripcord and a flight stand. Wild Bill just came with it normally. I honestly don’t know what it is going into it. The Leak Commander hasn’t found out or he knows and is not saying. If it is the Dragonfly the old rumoured specs were 3Ft long and supposedly about $500. I don’t have room for a 3 foot helicopter plus that price point but I’d hate to have to spend almost that price to get Bill, Ripcord and Airbourne. Who knows. We’ll find out soon. I know which vehicle it isn’t.

If they run with the 6 week model and it starts Monday we’ll be ending around SDCC and it’s rumoured the Marvel team will start theirs in early July.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Shadow Tracker will be the toughest to get.

14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I would just bear in mind that some stuff is still up in the air, like Full Force alleging that Chuckles & the Crimson 3-pack are flipped Con-wise, and that Snow Serpent may be a Deluxe offering like Snow Job instead of a regular wave release.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I adore Snow Serpents and have a lot of Nostalgia for them.
    I will be less than pleased if they cost £35 each.

I hope they don't do the same to any of the Cobra divers that would be pretty self-defeating.

I can't speak for international markets but all the online retailers here in the UK are getting clearance stock in the next two weeks of a whole hoet of Hasbro Brand items. for example Gi Joe Classified Viper 3 packs & a ton of Star Wars stuff for cheap came in already, Transformers are expected later this month here.

I don't know if there will be any Gi Joe for the UK as we got screwed over by pulse here who blocked it from being disributed to retailers, but that may not apply to clearance releases. Also Hasbro Pulse often has a sale in June of July to consider too. & the pre-orders for the Valkeries and Scrap Iron are not far off and possible restocks of some older items too.

-----------

So with the cheap Transformers hitting, so Diaclone stuff I want to get and the multiple "convention exclusives for multiple brands" that I buy it's going to be a tight few weeks especially if the D&D stuff gets clearanced and there is a Haslab Gi Joe as well.

Oh well I'll manage, I just wish everything wouldn't arrive at the same time so much when we have other periods of time with little to nothing released. Hopefully we can get past this "blip" before rise of the Beasts toys get dropped enmass on clearance outlets too. As I can do without them being clearanced at least until August.

Planning what I want to buy and when is a complete pain when the dates change and massive sale dumps drop at the same time.
    I guess I'm fortunate I don't seriously collect to many lines if I bought say Power Rangers as well I'd be feeling the pain.

----------

I was wondering who was it making BAT alternative weapon accessories again ?
    since the Arctic Bat is missing some parts I wanted to look into that for those.

-----------

I really hope the Dragonfly is more like $300 than $500, they really shouldn't be padding the price with figures they've already budgeted into it as it's annoying to do that, the relative lack of Gi Joe Helicopter pilots is kinda a problem too

If it was $500 I'd be thinking that is more the money I would expect to pay for a much much bigger helicopter than the relatively simple Dragonfly.

Also unlike the Hiss Tank I can't really see a reason to buy two... if only because who the heck would fly it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cosmos Kramer

Cosmos Kramer Well-Known Member

I really wish a Crimson Baroness wasn't stuck behind an SDCC exclusive (actually I wish there weren't any "exclusives" at all). I want it, but I'm not paying a thrice scalped price for it.

Having a Classified scaled vehicle will not be realistic for every ARAH vehicle so I am hoping vehicle drivers and COBRA vehicle driver troopers are eventually released as standalones.

• Like Like x 1
  17. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I put Outback boots on my TF Duke. They fit perfectly and are the right height.

It's a shame that Hasbro didn't put more effort into TF Duke. Better parts already existed prior to his release. Outback boots, Spirit knees, and Recondo hands would have gone a long way to make him closer to the vintage figure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I just want to see an image of Ripper or Buzzer… to see if they have jeans-wearing legs that I could use for a Monkeywrech custom. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  19. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really hoping we get Foot Loose as well. I loved him the the cartoon. Reminded me of Hudson from Aliens.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I'd be really surprised to not eventually see a Monkeywrench release

• Like Like x 1