The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you ask me what I really want right now is a v4 Snake Eyes. He was THE SHIT to me as a kid for some reason. I had like three of him and even the 12 inch figure.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Grabbed Tiger Force Outback this weekend. This is the figure I wanted most from the recent Target joe exclusives. Might get the BAT mainly since I want to get a regular one and swap the red visor head for a cartoon look.

Right thigh swivel on Outback was stuck. Fixed it by soaking in hot water for a bit, removing the leg at the hip, then gently twisting at the thigh swivel while trying to gently pry it away a bit to help free it. Luckily this didn’t take long to free at all.

Figure is great overall aside from the clip not fitting very securely into the gun and the typical backpack that doesn’t stay securely attached(Hasbro, use the functional straps that you use for Star Wars Black Series, those backpacks actually work!). The barbell neck has minimal range at the bottom of the neck where it meets the body. The straps for the accessories and torso are made of a very thin and pliable plastic. Surprised Hasbro used a much softer plastic for them(I figured they’d be soft plastic but not that soft).

So far, of the new Classified Joes I got in recent weeks, Stalker is my favorite 1 and TF Outback would’ve been my favorite if I didn’t have Stalker. I didn’t mind the old man take on Outback. I see him as Outback that went MIA after ARAH and turned up later to help the Joe team after escaping his captors and surviving in the wilderness.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Out of all the Tiger Force figures we know about, I’m looking forward to Outback and Duke the most. I hope the whole team gets completed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trying to recall the characters from that color scheme over the years.

You had Vipers. There were Imperial Guards based partly on Cobra Commander's battle armor. There were multiple Baronesses. I think the Crimson Twins had that color scheme a couple of times. Obviously, Cobra Commander. I think maybe a Cobra Officer?

Of course, there was Destro in his PD color scheme (and the more common version without leopard print and with a silver faceplate).

With Emily talking about holiday variants similar to Holiday Optimus and the Halloween/Christmas Star Wars figures, I could see some of the red variants getting a Valentine's Day release.

I have a harder time picturing G.I. Joe holiday variants generally. I mean, maybe you could just do a bunch of the main characters in ugly Christmas sweaters using Stalker's torso?

• Like Like x 3
  5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I think a big problem is that the team is absolutely massive between later re-dos and international variants. Outback himself is based on a European release.

My big problem is that I find almost all of the U.S. releases except Flint, Bazooka, and Duke to be pretty boring and not that different from the normal versions. Mostly just dark colors with striped pants.

The cool Tiger Force variants are the international ones and later releases like Outback, Shipwreck, Air Tight, and Beachhead. Lots of orange and yellow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where should I send the flowers? Just kidding.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Joes in ugly Christmas sweaters would be hilarious

• Like Like x 3
  8. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

If Stars Wars can do it, why not Joes?:D 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Definitely agree with you on that

• Like Like x 2
  10. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I feel that way about the Python Patrol.

IMO Opinion they started with some of the most boring Python patrol guys (outside of the Vipers) versus some of the cooler ones...
    thumbnail.jpg

03pythonpatrolmajorbludd01.jpg

I need the Red Crocodile...
    Python-Patrol-Croc-Master-GIJOE-50th-Anniversary-007.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    My favorite Python Patrol that my brother had was Copperhead

• Like Like x 4
  12. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I mean we already are getting a holiday optimus prime. So technically it's star wars and transformers. So it's just matter of time before Joe's have theirs.

• Like Like x 2
  13. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I am absolutely ashamed to say that I would buy every one of them. I'd grumble and grouse about pointless repaints, but unlike the SW ones, I would not be able to pass up festive Joes and Cobras.

But in all honesty, I think Joes in ugly sweaters would make far more sense than candy-cane striped storm troopers. The SW stuff makes no sense to me anyway... it's based in another galaxy a long time ago, so presumably they have never heard of christmas, and the evil empire surely wouldn't celebrate it. But joes would mostly celebrate, and cobra would find some holiday scheme to try to pull off... so festive ARAH makes some sense in my brain.

I mean, you know the Crimson Twins have some kind of fake christmas charity set up to launder money, and mindbender is busy creating brainwashing toys. It practically writes itself.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    With Victory Saber shipping soon and Deathsaurus currently running, I find myself oddly looking forward to the Hiss Tank more than either of those 2 projects. Can't wait to get that in hand to see how truly awesome it is.

• Like Like x 3
  15. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How I feel about Tiger Force as a whole. Love the vehicles but the doods are just kinda boring. Only ones I feel are great so far are Recondo and Outback.

Beachhead would be awesome. Love that color scheme with him!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Agreed on Outback and Recondo being the best from Tigerforce so far

17. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My holiday weekend Gridiron orders are being mailed out already. Shame AZ postal likes to pass them around several days before sending them out of state...

• Like Like x 2
  18. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The initial wave of any subteam is the most important to complete, imo. You can see what was in the first wave of each of them here: https://www.yojoe.com/action/subteams/

So for Python Patrol, once we get the Officer, there's still Python Copperhead, Python Crimson Guard, Python TeleViper

For Tiger Force, there's TF Bazooka (pre-order available), Flint, Frostbite, Lifeline, Dusty, Tripwire, Skystriker, and Roadblock.

Personally, I find TF fairly boring, so I'm not sure I'll bother with any of them. I'd be more interested in Night Force and Battle Force 2000 (those weren't repaints, though).

Python Patrol was one of my favorite teams so I'll get all of those if they do them. Same with the rest of the '80s Dreadnoks.

19. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Giant, Haslab Galactus sized Polly with Shipwreck, Cobra Commander, Destro, Duke, and Chef Roadblock in winter gear.

• Like Like x 1
  20. therealsharky

therealsharky Well-Known Member

There are ebay sellers that specialize in 1/12 scale clothes for figures that I keep an eye on. I wonder if they would ever do holiday themed tops? I have clothes for the Marvel Legends Hulk from Endgame and a karate outfit for comic Shang-Chi in addition to various capes and robes for my Star War Black Series figures. Overall pretty pleased with them and I'm amazed how they can sew such small clothes for the figures. Some items even have pockets and zippers.

• Like Like x 2