The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Do the Cobra figures trigger at the last tier or are they earlier?

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    IIRC they’ll come with the set to begin with if funded even if none of the tiers are met.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    They’re included in the base package.

• Like Like x 1
  4. backhawkdown

Well done, Hasbro.

• Like Like x 2
  5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    6D0F031A-5DC9-4CD1-A9AA-9A65C91E79AF.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  6. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    If I were Hasbro I’d change the Haslab Skystriker offering to include all existing unlockable tiers then just announce new ones:
    • At 11,000 backers, Maverick and Goose with different head sculpts but using the 1992 Ace mold with low vis roundels/modex #114 sticker sheets and another canopy with Maverick and Goose’s names printed on it and with 2 pairs of vertical stabilizers: 1 with the VAW-110 high vis squadron logo painted on, the other with VF-213 Black Lions logo on it(used in dogfight with Jester)
    • At 13,000 backers, Iceman and Slider with different head sculpts using the 1992 Ace mold with another canopy with Iceman/Slider’s names printed on it, sticker sheet with low viz roundels/modes #104 and another pair of vertical stabilizers with VFA-25 Fist of The Fleet high viz Squadron logos painted on.
    Hasbro evidently feels the need for speed now given the few days less to fund, might as well go Mach 2 with their hair on fire.

Very surprised there’s still no word on modern joe compatibility or at the very least a seat adapter compatible with them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I think the Sky Hawk would be one of easiest and most logical vehicles to produce for classified.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Honestly I think it would be the sharc. Because the star wars snow speaker is close enough for a retool. Change the cockpit layout. Add longer wings. Maybe thin the fuselage a little. I said it could be used as is for a mark 3 design.

9. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Wasn't the black series snow speeder pretty massive? The shark wasn't a very large vehicle. Just big enough for deep six to lay down if I recall correctly (or am thinking of the same vehicle even).

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    It’s a little bigger than how you describe but not Snowspeeder big relative to the figures. I think a Classified SHARC with Deep Six for $60 could be made.

11. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    No that's the one with deep six. It was bigger than the sky hawk. Was on par with firebat. Remember only the cockpit was he laying down in. Still had the back engine compartment, and the wingspan. It was bigger than the awe striker and wider than a vamp.

But remember though, that's by og toy accuracy. Only 1 could fit in cockpit, and 2 underneath. In comics and cartoon 3 could fit in the cockpit. Remember lady Jaye, shipwreck, and deep six rode in 1 sharc. It's much larger than the toy scaled.

12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    That’s if they would go the cartoon route. I’m not sure if they would but that sounds right up Super7’s alley.

13. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    True...the thundertank wasn't a huge success. Doesn't sound like the turtle wagon is fairing much better. People are less inclined to spend $400 on massive vehicles. Shelf space becomes an issue. I mean look at tie fighter black series. Most of those clearance down to like $70. And was originally what? $150? 175? Snowspeeder is still available most places for $125. I guess a 6 in scale x wing would have been better or slave I but those would prob be $300.

14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    For Gijoe Classified specifically I don’t think Hasbro will go with anything larger than a HISS Tank V1 unless they go for a Haslab later on. Even then I think there’s been demand for 6” Joes for such a long time that they probably don’t need to resort to a Haslab for a Classified vehicle bigger than a RAM(but no bigger than a HISS Tank). Good thing about a potential Classified HISS is that modular components like the MMS and vehicles themselves like the ASP could be made and towed by it like the ARAH version.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Yep. I don't see anything bigger than the ground vehicles and small solo air vehicles. Fang. Sky Hawk, trouble bubble, sharc, jump pack, glider. Anything dragonfly, rattler, conquest, skystriker would be haslab. But feel like if 3.75 retro skystriker fails haslab would backburner any classified scale vehicle.

16. backhawkdown

Silver Mirage, Serpentor’s chariot, Zartan’s ski sled and SNAKE Armor are all I’d need for my Classified collection. I’m not saying I wouldn't buy larger vehicles out of collector compulsion but I just don’t find them fun or interesting at this scale.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you Shin! I’m outside with my family…will check it out later! It’s between another SkyStriker or S7 Thundercats

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Current count is over 6,500 backed for the Haslab Skystriker. Difference from yesterday is over 500.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Ok I think I may have phrased it wrongly - I do agree some of the earlier and current Haslabs were definitely lacking in some of their tiers (Doom head for Galactus, the initial Rancor tiers etc) so I'm pretty happy that Hasbro has given us more. I just worry that the tendency to hold out until the last minute may end up discouraging a certain portion of the fanbase from backing, especially those who don't really follow the news.

I am glad that it shows Hasbro is listening, I think it also matters that the teams there care about feedback and trying to make things more worth it for fans to back, rather than take a stance that if it doesn't get backed, it's not their problem. I also agree that given the pricing Hasbro still turns out a profit, much more than they'd get at retail for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Don’t have to worry yet…jump in numbers today is substantially higher than it has been since the past few days. Backing count was stuck past 5,000 until tonight.

Here’s the Ace that should’ve also been thrown in:
    0380FB42-EE54-466B-8FF1-08D36EF45357.jpeg

• Like Like x 3