The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    It will come. Just a matter of time.

2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I recall the Marvel Legends team said they basically had to twist some arms to get their troop builders out there. Hopefully the success of those will nudge Hasbro into making GI Joe versions... or it'll be the same uphill battle. Who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

Got my ThreeZero Storm Shadow in today. Looks good and will present well on a shelf, but the arm articulation is somewhat limited and the torso articulation is nonexistent.
    The leg articulation is pretty much perfect down to the double ball pegs in the ankles. I'm not confident the ankles will hold up over time though.
    You get four extra wrist hinges, which is good because one of mine broke immediately after try to rotate the wrist joint. Sheared off at the base of of peg so now I have to try and drill it out when I have time(suggestions and tips welcomed).

All in all a good-looking piece that's more of a poseable statue than an action figure.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Easy reuse for Grunt and some of the OG13 too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    @Legate - Your rookie move on the wrist pegs on Stormshadow is not uncommon. Threezero is famous for crappy wrist pegs that are fragile and easy to break on their 1/6th figures and they don't disclose it, plus all 1/6th collectors know about ThreeZero's 1/6th figures (I'm also a 1/6th collector).

Use a hair drier and warm the wrist peg joints as close to the base and peg assembly for 15 seconds and then you should be able to take out the complete wrist assembly before you use the other hands in the set.

To drill out the broken wrist peg: Take a drill bit that is a size smaller than the base of the peg and slowly drill it out bit by bit until complete peg can be removed. Don't frill it too much otherwise the wrist socket is rendered useless and the figure is completely trash.

I might be getting the PX Storm Shadow as the ETA is quoted for January next year, however I might not see it until March/April as the shipping ports are backlogged.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Legate

To test my understanding, the idea is to drill into the remains of the peg just enough for the drill to "bite" and take the peg with it when you pull it out?

Also, thank you muchly. :thumb 

7. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    That is correct @Legate. Most 1/6th reviewers don't even tell you to warm up the wrist joints on ThreeZero figures when they get it - Big Mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Legate

That sucks. You can tell it's a known issue on the part of the company by the inclusion of multiple replacements for the wrists. Unfortunate.
    Makes me glad I'm not chasing the ThreeZero Rangers but going for the Mezco ones.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'd say demand an exchange. Nothing should be breaking like that immediately.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MightyMegs

MightyMegs Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 10
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Love that version, unique, stands out plus that glider drone launcher was cool.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    Lucky find! First CI I've found on the shelves since RB. And for 30 to boot!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  13. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

The same day that I bought a Breaker/Ram in-store from Target, was the same day my preordered set also shipped out before I had a chance to cancel. Was originally going to return one of them, but then thought what the heck and decided to keep both and part out one of them. So….

Lady Jaye gets her own cycle:
    E0464543-22F7-4D50-AC28-0229D2B78255.jpeg

Roadblock gets proper artillery:
    620CAFD8-0885-486A-B5D3-7057C37A4E14.jpeg

The Cobra Troopers get a cool but psychotic captain:
    A8162298-A046-4640-AA58-A90FD3856069.jpeg

And I get an extra generic body that I’m not sure what to do with:
    47BC2059-E62B-491C-9403-B9CCCFDDD957.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  14. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I'd try and put a Chris helmsworth Thor head on the body and try to make rock n roll.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

That could really work. I looked up Infinity War Thor, as long as the color matching is good, he’d make for one fine Rock n Roll

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven’t backed yet but it’s starting to get costly for all the non supplied upgrades. They have the 6” pilot but then they’re making an upgrade with a Wild Weasel helmet so now that’s 2 figs I’ll have to get plus there’s a 6” Skeletron on the list I’m sure they’ll hit. I just really discovered a lot of the Red Shadows lore back when the 25th Anniversary figs hit and always like some of the odd figs they had that didn’t come from US GI Joe. No doubt the Roboskull has always looked awesome to me.

C61CEA72-65DA-42F0-8BA5-EF7A67A63E87.jpeg
    Looking forward to what’s happening at the panel. Based on what’s been listed as coming, I’m hoping we see Storm Shadow, Stalker and Croc Master but knowing Hasbro they’ll show 2 or 3 figs and that’s it. Who does everyone think the very special guest will be??? It will probably be Henry Golding or Larry Hama somebody like that. Or could be some actor or singer like the Breaking Benjamin guy on the TF panel.

• Like Like x 2
  17. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

That does get pricey quick!
    Standard Wolf Trooper (35)
    Standard Wolf Trooper x2 (70) plus Weasel and Blood Wolf kit (20)
    Skeletron (35)
    $160 bucks for the 4 different figs.

I know Marauders are well known at the smaller scale, but do they have a solid track record for 6 inches?

• Like Like x 1
  18. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I did a lot of soul-searching about the add-ons cost when I saw the flight stand would be $35. Ultimately, I decided to go ahead with the all-in level to get everything I want and sell what I don't at some point down the line. Came to $538 I tthink after shipping, which hurts, but I look at it as I'll get half of that back eventually. Wish I'd done all-in at the cheaper levels, but I'm very enthusiastic about this project in a way I haven't been for many things lately.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

So my Pulse Premium ran out. I can't decide if I want to pay for another year for a better chance on Zartan this weekend. The free shipping over the course of the year made up for it. But I've been buying from them a lot less because they are always last to get stock. Oh decisions, decisions....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm in the same boat. Well, my premium came up a long time ago, but I don't know if I want to risk there being no Pudy Pigs on Saturday.

• Like Like x 2