The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

....and most of the times they look like....no good. At least the one I have (SuperReeves) has some weird proportions, so Im also sticking to big H on GIJoe, Rangers, etc.

A little off topic but you mentioned something that called my attention.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really hope Warden stays on with the Joe team. Tbh I’m quite impressed with whatever lines he has been involved in.

I haven’t got any of the Retro Joes…my buddies were surprised by my decision to skip the line. It isn’t that the line is bad or anything. It’s just that I’m focusing on 6 inch to 7 inch scale.

I also can’t provide any answers with Hasbro information anymore but I have lost contact with some of my er, insiders. Previously, I know of some folks who could could provide me with some info. Example, why Encore G1 Fort Max was double taped (factory workers forgot to put in some of extras), “unreleased” figures being sold etc.

Yeah, I noticed that movie SE and SS are moving quite well in my part of the world too.

Tbh I felt that things like shipping was going back to normalcy…at least in my part of the world. Hasbro’s ML, SW and TFs were on schedule along with the McFarlane stuff. Heck, I’m some instances they were arriving ahead of time.

3. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

You must be in the shipping sweet spot cause a LOT of delays are cropping up and there's regular reporting about the backlog of shipping vessels.

4. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

Target delayed poor Breaker again.

Thoughts on the Roboskull Kickstarter? I think it is an interesting physical example of the size/scope for possible Classified vehicles beyond the motorbikes. Currently, my main takeaway is that this baby takes up a whole lotta real estate. He’s holding it like a bowling ball. Yet, with the 1/12 cockpit configuration, it is basically the equivalent of an oversized/enclosed trouble bubble with wings, and said wings are fairly self contained. The pictures with Destro piloting it show him sitting high up, in the dorsal ridge of the skull, so you could probably sit him lower in a Flight Pod, reducing the circumference and mass. This really got me thinking about the challenges of scaling up the old school individual vehicles like the Armadillo or even the Cobra Pogo.

DE84BA8B-31BE-4F26-A859-902BF357918D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's nice but a bit too rich for my blood. Always wanted a Roboskull but it isn't a necessity for me so I'll skip, though a bit reluctantly.

6. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I went all in because I was undecided on which deco I liked better so I'll decide once they arrive. I just like the way the skull looks but yeah,the thing looks massive so I don't know that I'll have space for more than 1. My brother went with the 5 pack. Hopefully his skulls arrive before his wife adds his to the shelf.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Metro Prime

Metro Prime No sympathy for the self-inflicted

Imagine a Classified USS Flag or the size of the Sky Strikers that would sit on it's deck!

Sky Hawks, Armadillos, Trouble Bubbles, etc. are about as big as you'd want to get with this line for two reasons; size and cost. I think the motorcycles are out to simply test the waters as far as vehicles go and those are not having any trouble leaving stores so far. That's probably a good indicator that we should see a few more if they're not too large or expensive.

Personally I'd like to see them bring the cost down a bit more before I invest in anything bigger than a bike, but I understand why that won't happen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh yea forgot to post this, video of TFC Toys’ take on Don Figueroa’s transforming version of Destro’s Dominator:

• Like Like x 3
  9. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Wouldn't fit in with my Joe interests. But if you are into the stuff from 1987 and beyond (Battleforce 2000, etc.) then it works.

10. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Undercover so long, they all forgot who I work for

Too awesome to pass up. I would love an original, but those would be even more expensive probably.

This new version looks impressive in its detail and design, just like an update should.

I'm going to be using it with 1/18 figures like most of my other vehicles.

Not sure of the backstory iI'll use in my head, but I'm pretty sure it came out of MARS industries.

In a pinch it can be Destro's personal fighter.

11. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

No interest. I don't have any connection to the vehicle and If I bought everything that looked cool I'd quickly run out of space.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

I think it’s genius to have a vehicle capable of supporting 1:18 and 1:12 figures.

• Like Like x 4
  13. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

Very clever indeed. So smart. So simple. Greatly expands their possible customer base.

• Like Like x 2
  14. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I've been trying to scale back what I buy to best and favorite pieces, and this thing is epic. I'm going to get rid of... something... to make the space to add this thing. Never done KS before, but gonna do this.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I mean if I had that kind of money sure I'd get 3 or so for a squadron and 3 of the 6in figures. But with property tax increasing, home owners insurance more, backing haslab victory Saber, waiting for mmc nova prime restock at bbts, hoping to get hasbropulsecon ravage and zartan then with any other reveals that may go up for order this weekend especially tfcon mmc exclusives, something has to give. Even cancelled action force except for weapons packs only because it's delayed into a time when I just can't spend $300 on extra figures. I hope everyone who orders though are happy with them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the opposite experience I had with Baroness.
    D9649F42-CBED-4E06-9C73-7222C142F634.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

...wow. The shelf numbers are beyond comprehension. :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  18. MightyMegs

MightyMegs Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 17
  19. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

I wish they would offer a trooper builder for joe like they did for the hydra troops or hand ninja. A non blinged out green shirt would be great for customizing.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Yes. If only I could afford it. Perhaps Hasbro will get inspired to do vehicles like this. A properly designed Sky Hawk could be innovated to support both scales.

• Like Like x 3