The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really, no way...at target? I know gs if it's a used game i think.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Arishikage

Arishikage Well-Known Member

Really loving the new logos, and very excited for the possibilities that might come out of it. Python Patrol should be a great way to get some re-use out of the molds, and even more troopers into our hands. Would love to start seeing some classic vehicles, though. I want a HISS Tank to really fill out a display. Also air chariots, despoiler, small vehicles, drivers, Crimson Guards and Iron Grenadiers. I'm easy to please; just make it all. :D  While I'm thinking of it I'd love to see some Battle Gear packs on a cardback, too. I have so few (many) demands...

Thanks for the review link, Omega One. Barbecue has certainly been on my list to get since he showed up. I used to be a little more "meh" on him, but like the redesign and the way they handled the accessories. He'll be a nice pop of colour amongst the others as well, only rivalled by the likes of Blowtorch and Airtight until we get into the neon crowd. Starting to have enough Joes to need a head honcho now, so I'm hoping Hawk isn't too far off!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I'd be perfectly fine if the only vehicles I got out of this line were an air chariot with a proper Serpentor and Ferrets. I wouldn't oppose a Vamp and Stinger either

• Like Like x 2
  4. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
  5. MSWF377

MSWF377 Mike

6. Arishikage

Arishikage Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what works for me too. Vehicles with small crews because I just don't have the space for the bigger stuff. A skystriker/rattler would be awesome, but as much of a space-hog as the black series TIE fighter.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    No pic, but yeah, of course it sells out after I post. Lol

• Like Like x 4
  8. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Yes way! I've returned a handful of opened figures to Target and they've never given me a hard time. I think they just want customers to be happy...and don't feel like wasting their own time over a $30 toy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That's what I've been told by many people. I'm flabbergasted by it because that sounds ridiculous. You should only be allowed to echange it for a new copy if it is defective, not return it for a full refund.

He was talking about returning video games. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Got my movie baroness and snake eyes, baroness didn't come with a silencer and snake eyes thigh peg keeps popping off
    20210804_104735.jpg

12. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

I dunno, if it's not defective I usually just swallow the purchase unless there's something egregiously wrong with it. I'm not too worried about Target's bottom line or anything, I just never thought to really return anything that was working as designed, but that I had second thoughts about.

I do remember some years ago, some lady on returns wouldn't let me return a figure that was broken in the packaging... she said it was a collectible and you couldn't return those. I guess they had lots of problems with collectibles or something. After arguing with her for a while and telling her I just wanted the exact same thing just not broken, she let me pick another one off the shelf and exchange it. That to me is ridiculous. But I get it, liberal return policies are why we get the insane fraudulent repacks that people find.

• Like Like x 3
  13. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I dont know about that user but ive seen that some collectors frown on, damn near attack others if they return unbroken, undamaged figures to the store after opening them.

I have a movie snake eyes also but his ankles are loose at one point in the front, there no catch so it keeps falling forward, no other Joe I have is like that, is your copy like this also? I can balance it and get it to stand but the looseness gives way eventually and it falls
    20210729_225528.jpg 20210729_223719.jpg 20210729_223039.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

lol…reading comprehension FTW, haha…

• Like Like x 1
  15. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I’ve never returned an opened figure that wasn’t defective so I didn’t know how they handle that, but I’ve returned plenty of things to Target that simply didn’t function to my satisfaction without issue.

• Like Like x 2
  16. backhawkdown

Movie Snake Eyes is going to be a fantastic base for so many custom Cobras.

• Like Like x 1
  17. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

This was kinda me when mine arrived last week. Mine has a fleck of black paint in the middle of her forehead that was the first thing I saw. I can probably remove that, but it's off-putting. The glasses are crooked and I find the skin tone to be off.

I get it's high demand, and I want to like it, but I'm having a hard time not thinking about selling it on or returning it at $40. I set mine aside to decide. I don't want to regret getting rid of it later, but if I'm honest, I don't like it as much as I want to like it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

Do you have any specific ones springing to mind, or is it just the utility of the all black figure?

Also, are we thinking that movie figs are going to be plentiful on the shelves due to the movie’s performance?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great question with the movie figures..i have yet to see a single 6 inch on the pegs...yet the movie has been out for a couple of weeks...even though there's a plethora of shang chi figures and we still have a month to go before that movie comes out...

• Like Like x 2
  20. backhawkdown

I have yet to see them, but if not plentiful in-store I suspect they will be easy to get online.

From the new sculpt era, which I’m working my way through now, I’ll be making Sand Viper and Heavy Water from Snake Eyes.

• Like Like x 1