The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yep. Around that same time was when Ninja Force was a thing in the comics. And no problem! :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mumble-bee

Mumble-bee invertebrate lurker

News Credits:
    Target says my Viper (I only ordered one) shipped today, delivery August 2.
    Pretty sure it just means it's been packed & labelled, FedEx won't get it until at least Monday.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, you'll also probably get an updated delivery date when FedEx actually picks it up. That's typically my experience when my Target orders ship.

4. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    why thank you good sir.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nilcam

nilcam Well-Known Member

I'm off to see Snake Eyes! I've decided to be "that guy" and wear my Storm Shadow shirt.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Apparently, they did. I found these plus Baroness at Target this past Monday.

SEO1.jpg

I've got the Cobra Island Baroness coming, so I didn't see a need to buy the Origins version (though my work supervisor very much wanted her, so win-win.) I'm not planning to see the movie until it's out on Blu-ray or streaming (for the record, I've got no issue with the man under the mask being any particular ethnicity, the movie just looks not great from the trailers) but I do like this new version of Snake-Eyes. I think the head & visor is a marked improvement over ROC and Retaliation's designs, and it's sharper angles give off a much more sinister look than most other Snake-Eyes figures. On the other hand, the overall suit gives off a much stronger motocross vibe. And I love the dual knives, but I really wish they'd give him somewhere to store them. Like, across the chest.

Storm Shadow is admittedly a placeholder until the Classified version comes along, but I still like him more than the Arctic Mission version. He's a decent figure, but the design is somehow less interesting to me than the previous movie designs. I wouldn't mind a Retaliation version though, that design was clean and stylish. And not yellowed.

Both figures are nice & sturdy, though. The Classified line is starting to suffer from loose joints, particularly in the drop-down hip joints, but both of these guys have no issues.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Well that was fast.

16271496857735851756789145688742.jpg

They got rid of the plastic window, those cheapskates, haha!

• Like Like x 14
  8. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Here’s the thing, Brian Flynn was on a Instagram video recently(forgot who the host was). This was right after he revealed the Super 7 Ultimate Joes. Hasbro won’t license out something that would step on their toes. So from that, we can infer that they weren’t, nor are planning to, release Sunbow accurate Joes anytime soon, or at least not while S7 is making Sunbow Joes. I think the closest you might get from Classified is Alpha Commando Snake Eyes in purple but with no new tooling, something like that. Even the 25th MASS Device sets only had 25th Joes just repainted in Sunbow colors(and the Snake Eyes V2 with new tooling had a new head sculpt which didn’t match Sunbow and seemed more inspired by Sigma 6). The only way to go ARAH and not step on each other’s toes is for Hasbro to go toy accurate for ARAH homages in Classified. For example, short sleeves and slippers for a 1984 V1 Storm Shadow, plus the more detailed mask(shallow hood, mask separate from hood, look closely at the 1984 card art, it’s implied on the toy but subtly….while the Sunbow design lacks this and the short sleeves/slippers). I think for most Joe fans, the ARAH toy look would suffice.

Same here, the Cobra redesigns are safer and veer away from the recognizable looks the least.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Add me to those that are seeing movement from Target orders!
    Screenshot_20210724-141623.png

• Like Like x 6
  11. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Did they remold the foot pegs on the back of the HISS to fit the 25th forward bucks?

12. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I don't know as I haven't opened it yet. I've been meaning to open the Retro Joes for a while now so maybe I'll use this as an excuse, haha.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

You’re missing out if you haven’t opened Stalker yet!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    If they're using the 25th HISS mold then yes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Billy Hoyle

Billy Hoyle Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the movie?

Wondering if it's worth seeing in theatres

16. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for streaming.

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    A few people that watched it have posted in here:
    G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes Solo Movie in the works!

I’ve held off on getting the movie Classified figures until I’ve watched the movie, but I’m feeling less inclined to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! I got to admit that both movie figures look pretty good. Tbh I’m really digging the aesthetics of movie Snake Eyes…he looks very intimidating!

With regards to movie Storm Shadow…yeah, he will probably be a place holder for me too, and he looks more like a “traditional” ninja! Pity about the yellow tint…

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up! Appreciate it! With S7 Jos line…its one instance that I have to cherry pick the figures.

Tbh if Hasbro use the ARAH aesthetics on the Classified figures, I’ll be most pleased! Somehow in my head, they are the comic based versions.

I realise that I prefer modernised aesthetics of the vintage toys…if that makes sense.

Example, I prefer S7 TMNT to Neca TMNT, MOTU Classics to Filmation styled versions.

Only exceptions would be movie based toylines like such as Star Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's not Mortal Kombat bad, but it's pretty bad.

Snake-Eyes never stops talking, he never gets scarred, he doesn't wear his costume until the last minute of the movie, and everything that happens in the movie is his fault. He's not a hero at all.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Johnny1378

Johnny1378 Well-Known Member

Lol. When I saw the first scene in Mortal Kombat between Scorpion and Subzero (a few days before it’s release), I was stoked! Great first scene!

Then I saw the rest of the movie [sigh].

Oh well, at least the first scene was good.

I will say the Snake Eyes movie never fooled me the way “Mortal Kombat” did though. I never held out much hope for it. As slickly produced as it looked in the trailers, nothing about what I was seeing in the trailers really stood out as resembling anything from G.I. Joe, other than in the most superficial ways.

• Like Like x 3