The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Picked up the two new Retro figures (Stalker and Cobra Trooper) at Walmart today. I won’t give a real review(couple of guys did a great job on here already), but I will say that if Stalker is the new direction for the line I will be all in. He looks like an absolute modern day copy of the original 82 version with a few enhanced details and an additional hip holster with pistol. Like others have said the plastic quality is not 25th and 30th quality. It is not as stiff/hard and more flexible/gummy in comparison, but it is not bad. Again, if they start making new sculpts of classic figures with this kind of detail and possibility I am all in.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Snake Trooper...haha...

Despite being out in the field and traveling the entire day, I was still able to get an order in for Barbecue just now. Crazy. Good thing I wasn’t interested in Breaker... I know Barbecue was probably a pass for a lot of people, but the fact that he!s still available for PO seems to be a good sign.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Was a tough day at work today. Was happy to still be able order from Target. I got BBQ. I missed Breaker but 1 out of 2 isn't bad.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Arishikage

Arishikage Well-Known Member

Silent Interlude disguise? Nice choice. Just sneak him into the back ranks when Destro drops by. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Did they ever do a Ninja B.A.T.?

6. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ordered Cobra Island Barbecue from Target.com. Missed out on Breaker though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

And I never disputed that...

BUT...

When "early access" is consistently the ONLY access, then it's not really a perk, it's a requirement. Unless I've just been missing all these times that the C.I. drops on Pulse have lasted long enough for non-premium members to buy. If that's actually the case, then I retract my complaint.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Cobra Island is a LIMITED stock from someone who has a contract to be the only distributor. You don't want to pay for premium. Others do. They pay to be able to have access to that stock. They get 5% of whatever their contract holder orders...so if they had 3800 on pulse available to sell, then why would they hold stuff for non premium members because you don't want to pay the premium? You still have access to target...well at least today you did after the 2 prior rounds of F ups. But people actually paid money to have access to limited stock items first...like store exclusives and con exclusives. Its not hasbro's fault their stock sells out before non-premium members have a shot at it. Why would they split the stock like that? What would that do to service them? I am not trying to sound like an ass but man you are complaining over not getting a chance at a toy through pulse thats limited because you don't want to pay a $50 membership for an entire year that gets you free shipping and any preorder you make 99.9993% of the time gets filled even if it is way later than everyone else. And unlike walmart and amazon, is always in a box. Yet people pay $14.90 PER MONTH for amazon prime to also get those prime day access, free shipping, etc. So what's the difference? You pay less for pulse. But still you are mad because the exclusives don't last long enough for people who don't want to pay premium. But yet normal stuff lasts long into the non-members (not everything or every character but most)...no where on pulse does it say non members are guaranteed a chance at limited exclusive merchandise.

• Like Like x 3
  10. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Hmm...missed this as usual... Is there a list for the new Cobra Island figures started?

11. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Being in Canada and not a Premium Pulse. This combination pretty much killed my chances of getting Breaker+RAM and BBQ today =/

At least quantities were good. Really hoping TRU comes through for us canucks cause so far, aside for Baroness, getting the other Cobra Island figures has been a shit show up here.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

I managed to get an order in. Went in to update it on the spreadsheet and it already shows. Either the spreadsheet is psychic, or somebody else changed it.....Either way my info is correct on it so thanks if you changed it for me on purpose.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    Has the roof on the world caved in a bit tonight.

Cause all I've seen on the ol' Youtubes is the Joe YouTubers praising Hasbro for today.
    Nah, Barbecue is still up
    G.I. Joe Classified Series Gabriel “Barbecue” Kelly Action Figure

• Like Like x 3
  14. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Hopefully since the preorders were able to be spread out decently there will be a decent in store stock too and some of us can help find them for those who were either tied up today or unable to order.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

One of my local Walmart’s has had 6+ showing for Retro in Brickseek all week. What are the odds that’s accurate? I’m tempted to make a trip tonight but these local Walmart’s rarely have anything.

16. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    Yikes, sorry man, he sold out a few hours ago.

18. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Major Bludd looks great on Punisher's bike until my Classified Zartan comes in from Pulse! :D 

IMG_1394.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  19. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Is it me, or did they sculpt Breaker's face to look just like Bradley Cooper?
    upload_2021-6-17_22-57-18.png upload_2021-6-17_22-56-40.png

• Like Like x 8
  20. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

@Fc203 and @Legate. Hey fellas, I've noticed your looking for Snake Eyes with Timber. Thechosenprime, BBTS and Dorkside Toys still has preorders available.

• Like Like x 1