The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    Oh my goodness, I searched both Targets near me and have seen Cobra Commander and Roadblock on the pegs but no Bludd. Wish I could walk into a Target and just see one.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro just shipped the first of my Friday Joe purchases. First up: Retro Cobra Commander!

• Like Like x 5
  4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bludd and retro Lady Jaye just shipped out for me. Now if only they had that Retro Scarlett... And, Artillery Roadblock apparently will ship around 9/1.

5. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

No it wouldn’t. Hasbro has a retailer that is willing to commit to 20-30k units of a single figure and cover the entire production run, and all Hasbro has to do is not sell it to anyone else. Even on a case by case basis that’s a golden goose; what incentive would Hasbro have to kill that goose simply because Target won’t sign a contract obligating them to buy more? They don’t. Hasbro doesn’t have the leverage to demand such from Target and why would they?

And Target certainly isn’t going to put themselves in a situation where they are obligated to the vendor.

6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Except exclusive deals like that are negotiated with and finalized by contracts. It may not be written to require them to purchase more waves, but there is definitely a contract of sorts and it most likely includes options for additional waves and rereleases.

• Like Like x 1
  7. harrisongibb

harrisongibb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AF742869-B087-43DF-83B6-40FF78A1CB19.jpeg

8. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Dude, even bobby vala and mark webber have said they negotiate contracts 12 to 18 months before product hits stores. And if you dont know who those 2 are you know jack about hasbro and their modern joe lines. To carry joe classified they got the equivalent of 3 full waves so we have to wait pretty much 3 more figures because there was an x amount of exclusives promised to carry joe and probably certain nerf or ghostbusters. Walmart took exclusive rights to the 3.75 line. Just ignore him. Hes arguing to hear himself argue and try to be right on every topic.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Exactly, nothing gets done in the manufacturing industry without contracts

• Like Like x 1
  10. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Contract

contract

CoNtRaCt

Cccccccpkntracct??????????

• Like Like x 1
  11. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Especially since it takes a lot of money and about 6 weeks or months, i forget what he said exactly, min to set up for new tooled toys. Bobby even mentions that in one of his podcasts. That if he sells out a wave 1 figure he cant just put an order in for it to fill demand and put another run in wave 2. But it could maybe get in wave 3 or 4. Thats why cobra island wave 1 restocks and reissues are taking so long. Theyve had factories tooled for the zartan wave the flint wave the firefly viper wave and even movie line for a while. It aint like hey stop making this and start running this again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    @backhawkdown look... not trying to be a dick here so I hope I don't come off that way... but being a former Logistics Manager for Target I can tell you that Target uses contracts when it comes to exclusives. It's called CYA. Most specifically they want to make sure that if something is exclusive to them that it stays that way. At least for a certain window. And, yes, the order amounts are set in as part of said contract. I don't know why you would even think otherwise.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Retro Scarlett for trade with the new wave.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DeathDancer

DeathDancer Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I'm pretty far down on the list but should everyone above me pass I'll certainly take him!

• Like Like x 3
  15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You mean Stalker or the Trooper?? Might there be anything else you are after??

• Like Like x 1
  16. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Rather than continue to debate and risk it getting contentious, which certainly isn’t my intention, let me present the concept of my argument as an inquiry.

do you believe that if a contract was signed and Target breached that contract (whatever the terms could be) that Hasbro would sue Target, asking the courts to force Target to fulfill their obligations, and thus destroying the relationship with their second largest customer over a few SKU’s of what is still a minor part of their business? If not, what is the purpose of the contract for Hasbro?

conversely, if Hasbro breached it by selling the CI figures elsewhere, do you think Target would go through the expense of suing them, asking the courts for damages? If not, what’s the purpose of the contract for Target?

If the answer is no for each party, and it likely is, what purpose does the contract serve that either one of them would demand it before committing to buy, or sell, from or to the other?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box

Thanks for the interest, guys, but I've already reached out to someone who's been on Capirus' list for a while. My suggestion: Get thee to the list and add thy names to it. I've got another spare Bludd coming from Pulse so that will be going to another person on it. And I may try to go back to that Target and grab another one if they still have any left so there's always a chance!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I got an extra Bludd...If you are on the list and searching, reach out to me and it is yours.

• Like Like x 2
  19. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wait there's a Stalker? Add me to the list for him as well ad the previous RB & SE

20. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Found 2 Bludd's at Target, picked up one. The other one, the box was completely smashed in the back. Though empty, it was nice as actually see pegs available for this line.

• Like Like x 1