The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I believe the guys who were talking about the case breakdowns were saying he wasn't in the current assortment that is starting to show up in stores (Zartan's assortment), but was available in an earlier assortment that a lot of brick and mortar stores either just didn't get or skipped. There was supposed to be a case assortment that had the redecos for all five wave one figures released in December/January, but it never seemed to materialize at retail. So in that since it seems to have become online only unintentionally... though I have heard rumbling of Snake-Eyes and Destro redecos being found so maybe that case assortment is finally starting to get out at retail.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    With all this talk of the recolors what's the diff between the two Snake Eyes figures actually? I r got one with the Arashikage symbol on his chest and doesn't they indicate the recolor? That's what I thought it was.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nah, I've seen comparison reviews for the figure. Both versions have the Arashikage symbol on the chest strap. The difference is that the redeco uses a lot of glossy paint throughout instead of keeping the matte finish the original deco used according to the reviews I've seen. Also, they apparently corrected whatever the issue was with the knife sheath not allowing the knife in properly on the first retail version ...which was weird to begin with considering the Pulse exclusive version didn't have that issue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Red above the eyes.
    G.I.-Joe-Classified-Variant-Snake-Eyes-001.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    How do you know if the one you are buying online is the variant? Amazon seems to say you will get what you get.

6. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    I must be one of the lucky ones, I have all 3 versions and had no issues with any of their knife sheaths.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to getting Flint and Lady Jaye. They both look great and the accessories are very nice but I wish Flint's shotgun wasn't both a pump action and break action gun. I'm not a gun person but that just rubs me the wrong way. I appreciate the ability of the accessory to break open for posing but I can see how collectors who are critics of the fakey looking guns of the Classified Series would jump on this gun detail, justifiably.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I know BBTS specifically has preorders for the variant and I got my set of Duke, Roadblock, and Scarlett variants from CMDStore where they were specifically listed as the variants also. I'm not sure about other etailers, but yes... Amazon is pretty much 'fuck off you'll get what we send you and like it'.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
  10. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Yep, my Duke and Scarlett redeco came from BBTS, 'Block is still in preorder status there for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

yeah you are lucky, my retail one has the issue so he borrowed one of Scarlet's Knifes.

12. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I only have the original retail release (the one with the red dash over his visor) and don't have issues with joints or the sheath. I got him from BBTS last year sometime. The only issues I've had with any of the Classified figures are the loose backpack pegs...which seems to have affected just about every one of them...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I couldnt help myself today. Basically for modern retail for a hiss for the retaliation hiss. It was open and didnt look to have the cobra commander figure in it. He was in the cockpit after all. But i bought the drone firefly for 15 too with plans to give it a Firefly camo scheme or an artic camo scheme. Now i may change my mind. 20210418_162004.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The backpacks just don’t look right if the ab crunch is able to be used(as in the vest not hindering the movement) as the backpacks stick to the air. Should’ve been attached using straps or something so they’d conform to the torso rather when moved, rather than connect high up on the back. Attaching that high up only works for sword sheathes, not actual backpacks.

• Like Like x 3
  15. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    My first-wave SnakeEyes has an incredibly loose knife----it's not that it won't go in/fit, it's that it's incredibly loose and seems to repel gravity and launch itself up out of the sheath and land on the ground if you look at it funny.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok I went back to find the interview. It was on a Toy Wizards round table with Hasbro. The team said they’d like to do Dreadnoks but you’d have to do them all. Lenny said he wanted to take advantage of the more detail and make Roadpig a power lifter type. Bigger than the rest like 7-8 inches tall not 9 which was my mistake. 9 is way to big. 7 would be ideal, maybe 7 1/2. 8 still might be ok. So they won’t be bound to strict parts reuse like previous lines.

Sorry my reply’s late. Had quite the shock this weekend. I texted those pics I posted to my buddy who’s a big 4” joe fan but he’s warmed up to Classified and started collecting due to how Firefly and Zartan turned out. He never responded but way later that night his wife replied and he had passed away on 4/3. I had some good times meeting up with him at park and rides to ditch my car and driving to really rural Walmarts at 1 am looking for the 25th anniversary figs and comic packs back in the day.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Damn, sorry to hear man.

18. therealsharky

therealsharky Well-Known Member

For what it's worth the Scarlett and Roadblock variants have a new UPC code sticker placed over the old UPC code on the box. This was the case with the ones I got at Target. Not sure about Duke as they only had Scarlett and Road Block.

I have noticed some jackhole in my area that repacked a couple of the original colored figures of Road Block and returned them to Target. I suspect it's the same person who's been stashing stuff in that Target as well. I take solace in the fact that I've been finding his stashes and either buying them or placing them back on the pegs. One time I found that he stashed a Cobra Commander and Gung Ho which I ended up buying. Another time I found a Marvel Legends Red Ninja, and I put that one back on the pegs.

• Like Like x 5
  19. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts are with you buddy.

20. Primal Consequence

Primal Consequence Active Member