The G.I. Joe Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by F18Starscream, Jul 10, 2009.

1. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

The authentic "blind box" experience...

Will it be Roadblock? Essential Oils? A rock? The Rock, who is just a different version of Roadblock?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2D463A4A-ADC1-40B0-A173-5FBE2B1A19F0.gif

• Like Like x 2
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I would love to see the look on the face of the person who actually ordered the Essential Oils when they got someone's action figure preorder.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

...and now Zartan has shipped. This is so exciting.

• Like Like x 4
  5. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Assuming the current trend of low characters per wave + slow releases continues, I'm curious to know if you guys are for or against Hasbro including new characters (made up for the Classified line) in the series? Or do you prefer them to stick to all known characters so we can get to our favorites faster?

I'll be honest and say I'd prefer no new characters. I feel like there's already so many types of vipers and/or sub-teams that it could carry the line for a good long while. Especially when a wave counts only 2-3 figures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

How many ARAH Joes were there? It has to be 150+?

I just want a ARAH subline ... sort of like the Marvel Legends Retro Cards, where they actually look like the cartoon. I'm buying the Lady Jaye, but that sure isn't the Sunbow version! How about a Sunbow Flint, wouldn't it be the first time he ever got his toon Deco? This needs to happen.

I still haven't found the F.A.N.G. anywhere ... getting worried.

• Like Like x 2
  8. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

Great question. I’d like to see new characters. I’d like to see some creativity rather than rely entirely on updated nostalgia. I feel the same about Transformers too. Let’s get that Joe equivalent of Knock Out, Lugnut and Tarn.

Of course, that comes with a few caveats. The slow release/limited number of characters per wave makes it REALLY hard to sacrifice a slot for a favorite, established character for somebody new. I also think that the new characters really need some form of media attached to it to create an affinity for said character. As Jules Winnfield once said, “Personality goes a long way.”

• Like Like x 3
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I think that’s where I am. I have nothing against new characters provided they don’t preclude us getting our favorites. Plus, 6” ARAH Joes have never been done, right?? It seems LONG overdue for that to happen. If they made straight-up ARAH Joes in 6”, I might go full-retarrd into the line.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

ShawnBerger4Mayor1985 Shawn Berger Campaign Manager

It's more than 150. I don't collect GI Joe myself, but I keep track of my brother's Joe collection (both original ARAH and Classified) since keeping records is kind of my thing, and not so much his. By my count, there are 296 unique characters who got figures in ARAH. That's if you consider every figure from 82-94. There are some who appeared in other media form, but never got a figure, at least during those years. And that leaves out all the variants/repaints/redecoes/rereleases/etc. Counting all that stuff, our list has a grand total of 497 figures.

Now, if you're only interested in characters who appeared in Sunbow animation, then it's a good bit less. But even that'll be a tall order at Classified's snail pace.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    By "new characters" are we saying "characters not originally in ARAH" or are we saying "completely new and made for Classified"? Because if we're talking about characters who weren't present in ARAH then I say yes, but I'm not sure I'm interested in Classified getting all new characters. If for nothing else there is no supporting media to make me give a crap about their characters and I won't buy a figure just on "cool factor" anymore. I actually have to care about their character. So, if we're talking about getting guys like Kamakura, Agent Helix, Hi-Tech, Lt. Stone, Bombstrike, Vypra, etc. then yes, but if we're talking about someone all new whose first appearance is in the Classified line then I'm not personally interested.

• Like Like x 1
  12. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I doubt Hasbro has any intention of creating entirely new characters for Classified anytime soon. It’s a line meant to present the existing IP in a new scale not create new characters.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Yeah, no new characters please, just stick to the roster that you already have and make more of them.

14. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

I meant characters created specifically for Classified. I'm not talking about Classified versions of Sgt Savage or Venomous Maximus ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Personal preference, I would like to see a mix of both. The original cast would be cool to see their updated looks while new characters could add some cool dynamics or balance an existing team better. There's a lot of potential for new characters which is why this line would be perfect for it. We don't know what the Classified team is planning (I don't even know if they know what they're planning) but we could see new characters down the line. However, I don't think we'd see them for a long time as they have a huge catalogue of existing characters to go through (including alternate versions) so if a new one came about, it'd probably be via a fan poll or a new character in the comic. I'd like to see a new character in like two or three years, but most likely it'll take a decade or more. But hey, it might be sooner as with all plans and intentions, they can change at any moment.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Anyone happen to know of any other figures that carry the same knife as Duke V34 (Reactive Armour)?
    So far, I've found Reactive Armour Ripcord (V2) and Target Rescue Mission Duke (V38), both of which have also been inventoried.

Unfortunately, it's one of those accessories that aren't covered by the WHOBIT on YoJoe.com, and I found one randomly in a crate of weapons in my collection.
    duke34acc-6.jpg

17. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Hoping Hasbro ramps up production and widens the release of hard to get figures like Cobra Viper, Baroness, Beachhead, and Firefly. At the same time, I'd like to see a 6-inch take on characters like Sci-Fi (the last 3.5" figure we got of him was excellent) and Tunnel Rat.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

There's a ton of Joes I'd like to see done but right now,given how poorly distribution has been and that they've announced nothing past the next wave my interest is already dropping. I sold off the Joes and kept the Cobra. I'm really hoping they're going to do something because if they're going to wait for the next movie to ramp up production, they might as well nail the coffin shut. At least to me

19. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Give me a Raptor and Crystal Ball, T'J'Bang and Ninja Force Scarlett in her sexy day-glow green and less dayglow greenish yellow ninja get up and I'll be happy. A Cover Girl with different head sculpts for her changing hair colours in the animation/comics/figures wouldn't be a no either, and maybe some new characters to spice things up wouldn't hurt. I've always wanted to see new troopers. Maybe a Nightstalker in 6 inch line for Baroness to command and some rough and ready female armored Viper equivalent. Embrace the feminine side, Cobra, you know you want to.

Oh and there must be at least one Toxo-Zombie release planned, maybe with a Cesspool and a Headman to go with it. Cyber-Enforcement Officer Data File, Tech-Vipers, Serpentor in all his goofy glory. And would it kill them to include some new Dreadnoks?

I'm talking full Mad Max style bikers. Spikes and things everywhere.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Got an email from BBTS saying that the Gung-Ho upgrade kit from Action Force is delayed until July.