The Future of Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by The Smirker, Nov 6, 2016.

?

What's going to happen

1. Hasbro will quit and takara will pick up the slack

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. The comics will take over everything and will keep everything alive

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. More updated memberberries for us from hasbro and takara like titans return and combiner wars.

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Idw will go bankrupt or something, or just idw just gives up on transformers

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. A new line of robots from hasbro and there's competition for transformers

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Kids get bored of toys and goes to their local walmart and burns everything transformers

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Transformers just........dissapear from us

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. Live action films ahead will do bad and will cost hasbro to beat it with transformers

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

I've been worrying about transformers a little bit, I've been thinking, what will become of the future, how successful is transformers going to be to hasbro and takara? I myself am a masterpiece collector, and I thought what happens when we get all of our figures that we want, do we just sit there and wait for another line to appear and get interested in that? I don't know otherwise, what's it to you?

2. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Chances are they'll continue way into the future.

I mean, back in the 90s, Transformers basically went into hibernation and we all know what came of that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't see anything really changing. Its still popular with movies being made.

Every few years, the line will reset with a new theme.

While I hope IDW loses the license, it probably won't.

4. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    I'd say the future is pretty good.

Transformers had gone through a period where it leveled of then came back up again when the live-action movies came up. REmember this is a 30-year franchise.

But, unlike other sci-fi/sci-fantasy franchises, it does not have to rely on stories where the underlying theme is always going to be warfare.

live-action movies and TV shows may be created where it won't have to rely on the Autobot - Decepticon conflict.

For example, a live-action TV show could be created where you have an Autobot with a cop car alt mode (Chase? Prowl?) that partners with a human detective, and you have a buddy cop TV show that maybe a hybrid of Alien Nation/Knight Rider/Lethal Weapon/CSI/Law & Order/X-Files/Miami Vice.

A new animated show could be created about new Cybertronians living in a restored and unified Cybertron.

Rescuebots could go on for more seasons. Hell, Rescuebots could eventually be a live-action movie.

There maybe more books and other Transformers-related publications that could be created. I for one am still looking for a book, similar to Star Wars or Star Trek cross sections, but in this situation I'd like to see someone have a crack at a sci-fi book explaining Cybertronian bio-mechanics, anatomy and physiology. Or a sci-fi book detailing Cybertron, its fauna and flora, and its two moons.

Comic books will still go on.

This does not even include a possible reboot of the live-action movies; or if Hasbro does not go that route, perhaps eventually and ultimately when Paramount gives another director a chance to direct the live-action movies, it will re-invent itself again: new styles, new designs, new characters but retaining the core ones. One good thing going for Transformers is at least it does not have to rely on human characters (like the ones in Star Wars or Star Trek).

There's a lot of things yet in Transformers' horizon.

But if you want my prediction: I predict Disney will one day buy out Hasbro and the Transformers property. The franchise has more room to expand.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movies will be the primary future of the line for the time being.

Yes, we'll get the remainder of the Prime Trilogy and it will be good, but it can only do so much.

New ideas, as well as old ones will be required to keep things going. Masterpiece is starting to compete with 3rd party, which is a good sign, means they'll go places they hadn't before and they'll try new things. Chances are those ideas will trickle down to the general release lines as well. I'm sure there will be other lines such as RID running in the background, little odds and ends here and there that help pad the product line.

I don't think we need to worry about the future of the line just yet. China's just now getting into them and buying them up at a rapid pace, so let's see what comes out of that.

A good example: Xiaomi Mi Pad Soundwave. Great figure, neat idea. Stuff like that will keep coming, it's just a matter of time and resources.

*sighs* Here we go...

thread edited by staff...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016
  6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    We're buying masterpiece versions of figures made 20-30 years ago and there's multiple mega-budget movies in production and on the horizon oh yeah the brand is moribund guys better break out our worry beads and start looking for alternatives.

What happens when you get all the figures you want, OP? YOU move on to something else that you want, the brand doesn't close up shop.

7. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Wuz crackin’ lil bitches

I think transformers is doing pretty good at the moment. As long as the movies turn out well and we keep getting new stuff, I don't see how this franchise could ever disappear completely.

Yesssss, I'd watch it :D 

• Like Like x 1
  8. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    That's not entirely Hasbro's fault. It depends what the stores order too.

9. Kataquan

Kataquan Transform and Rise Up!

Didn't vote because there are no positive options.

The brand's constantly reinventing itself. There's a lot more going on in it than masterpiece, and that line has 30+ years worth of material to draw upon.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'm not entirely certain what your concerns are, exactly. The franchise has almost gone through a decade of financial success the likes of which it hasn't seen since the 80s. There's no indication that success is going to die out any time soon. Even when it does, the franchise will still survive. It's survived G1 dying out, as well as the failure that was G2, coming back fairly strong with BW. When the movies die out, we'll get less TF than we have now, but still plenty of it. Even if we get another dud era, like G2, we'll eventually get another BW. As for the MP line, it currently has more than enough characters to make toys out of for the foreseeable future, and even if the movies die out, and the budget for everything else shrinks, the line will likely continue, just slower. It will probably return to just one release per year. The movies have brought the franchise back to the attention of a lot of nostalgic people who likely won't be going away as long as HasTak keeps making MPs, and Classics-eque lines.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Transformers is fine, we have a movie, a comic, and two tv series currently going at the moment. All of them providing different interests. Don't like the movies? That's fine, you still have a cartoon series and comic to turn to. Find the cartoon to childish? You can watch the movies for more mature themes (jokes on the other hand are debatable) and so on. There's always something of interest for the Transformers fan. It may have its quiet times but popularity is no where near dead. Transformers figures disappear very easily, you don't get a character you want, chances are they'll be gone in a few days. Well that's the case where I am.

If anything that's proof that there's people buying them. Also let me remind how on Halloween practically almost every child that came to my house was able to identify me as Bumblebee, showing that there are a lot of kids that love Transformers. So the brand's fine and will probably be for quite a while. I'm mean come on, if Barbie can stick around for over 50 years I'm sure Transformers can too.

13. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

... This is the worst thread ever. Of all time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Dude, for the millionst time: Has/Tak have only started to scratch the surface. There are a WHOOOOOOOLE lot of characters that still need updated toys, and the fiction factory is going from strenght to strenght + in some countries people are getting generations toys on the shelves for the very first time.
    Transformers
    naamloos.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think it's going to stay stagnant for a long while, clinging on what's familiar than take any new bold risk.

Generations styled toys will continue to be cool but still very geewun centric.

cartoons....no idea.

comics....I imagine by 2020 or so, we're gonna see a major re-branding/re-launch.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Disney will buy out Transformers and possibly Hasbro as a whole, for that matter. If this does happen everyone will inevitably freak out.

17. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

If we look at the last ten years we can make educated guesses about the future. So... we'll get another breakout tv show that becomes a fan favorite for new collectors, CHUG will continue to impress based on great designs and nostalgia, a new small sub-brand will pop up and excite people, the movie and movie line will continue. And life will continue as normal. Hasbro and Takara are great caretakers of the franchise. It's not to say they are perfect but overall they keep the franchise healthy, moving, and pleasing fans. Even without the big boost from the live-action movies, the brand is super healthy. The thing is that not everything will be catered to you.

When folks are finished with their CHUG and MP collections HasTak will come out with something new and exciting.

18. Reask

Reask Predacon

Oh it'll be around for years to come, it's never been more popular with kids today, and while they're always critically panned, the movies have been keeping that popularity around for years for better or worse. On the subject of it though, despite some of their missteps, I hope IDW doesn't lose the license to someone like Marvel. If that happens, we'll go from long beefy issues to, issues that will last 3 minutes. Oh dear, it'll be the early Costa era again.

19. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    No option for "continue to make lots of money and be very successful"?

New movie will bolster everything commercially unless it is the biggest flop ever. Despite all the negative feedback the film's get, they manage to make a ton of money.

Are the fires of Hell a-glowing
    Is the grisly reaper mowing
    Yes, the danger must be growing
    For the rowers keep on rowing
    And they're certainly not showing
    Any signs that they are slowing

20. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW going bankrupt or giving up on TFs is quite a lovely prospect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.