The Future Of Transformers? What are Your Opinions?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TJOmega, Mar 14, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Transformers isn't gonna fail right after the movie, and to answer your question... TFs have been going since the earlier 80s!!!! I think that speaks volumes for its longevity! :) 

he didnt ask for speculation, but what we'd like to see! :thumb 

I'd like to see more alts, please, continue remolds, but limite straight repaints to special circumstances... new brands, vehicle types (motorcycles, suvs, military as a subline) more Masterpieces... G1 NEO, expand it past just the entirely too short list though!!! and W S Ts ... 'nuff said *L* more more more!! there's SO many TFs that could easily be brought to the WST line, and its beyond cool... nostalgia, good looking alt and bot modes, and they're smalllll not just does that make them cool, but space isn't an issue!

Andy

2. RenegadeHoist

RenegadeHoist Renegade Commander

Not much i can add that hasn't been already said, i'd like to see the alts & binaltechs continue and expand into other models rather than repaints, well repaints are okay, just stop with the smokescreen/silverstreak mold now!

I too would like to see something done with G2 and machine wars. I'm not sure if just repaints would satisfy me, prehaps some comic continuity or something to open it up. Keep the re-issues and masterpiece's going

In all i'd like to see a line/series that only had a few homage to original names, but didn't rely on it. Some original names would be good.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I Just Want An Awesome Bumble Bee Where You Can Actually Make Out The Face

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    What I'd like to see...

Well, I want to see the G1 Neo line expanded beyond it's initial run of toys. Wether through repaint or remoulds or just new moulds... the possiblities for this subline are endless. Perhaps it will be like the SW Classic line where they started it before Ep. 3 and than started it again after the movie was released. That'd be cool.

I'd like to see the Titanium line keep coming strong. But I'd like them to stick with things that we can't or won't get from the mainline ever. The WW is a great example. Straight up versions of Don's designs that we'd have never seen any other way as toys unless they were done as homages. I'd like them to stay away from stuff like Optimal Optimus... he just seems really pointless as the BW one was already show accurate and all. Which brings me to my next desire of the Titanium line... give us show accurate transforming versions of the G1 guys that didn't come out well. Which is what I think Scourge will be... G1 done like his show counterpart... and hopefully Hasbro will finally use this line to give us a transforming G1 Arcee! Other things I'd like to see in Titanium are the other femmebots (at least Elita-1), more of Don's designs (from WW or Macromasters or anything else he's done), the GI Joe Vs. TF designs would be great and definently some of the new designs done by IDW.

The movie line is a given, but I'm hoping that it isn't like most of the marvel and dc movie lines where you have a whole bunch of one character. That'd be just lame. Some diorama sets would be nice. Perhaps their Earth bases (if they have them) or the bridges of their ships. Also, I'm hoping that the line expands beyond the main cast. Also, and I know some people might not want this, however, we may see just straight up action figures with action features in this line. Kind of like Actionmasters, but with today's articulation and attention to detail. Not sure how I feel about that, but I must admit it's a definant real possability.

I think TFU should continue as store and online exclusives. They should use it to release some of the nice repaints that they planned that got canned. I'm sure some of the stores would be willing to take them on at some point.

I don't see the BW 10th figures continueing unless they start doing new moulds... or they find the X-9 Ravage mould. Show accurate moulds would be nice (as would X-9), but new moulds would really only work for the first season characters as all of the Transmetal season 2 & 3 characters were largely show accurate... about the only one I'd like to see a new mould of is Silverbolt and only so we could get his wings to fold like they did in the show. Other than that I don't see this line going anywhere... especially since it's been selling horribly.

Alternators should continue well into the near future. I think we may see some of the movie characters (since the Autobots will probably be licensed cars) put in the line. Other than that they just need to keep doing what they're doing. Also, they should consider bringing non-G1 characters into the Alternators line.

Takara should continue to handle the reissues. The TFC line is great and needs to continue. The regular reissues will probably increase in number soon as Takara is generally taking a break from TFs until the movie. With plenty of E-hobby exclusives as always.

After the movie I'd like to see one of three things:

1. A series that follows the story of the movie (kind of how SW got the Clone Wars animated series) and continues it to the pick up point of the sequel. Assuming it gets a sequel of course.

...or...

2. A series that picks up after BM. Pit a ressurected Primal against one of the ancient Decepticon baddies. A Maximal, Predacon, Autobot & Decepticon malee. Including Vehicon drones would liven things up a bit too. Could also bring in Galvatron and Optimus Prime (as they were the leaders last seen in Rebirth) and possibly use it to introduce some of the Japanese characters that never got over here (Star Saber, Deathsauras, Ginrai, Leo Convoy, Big Convoy, ect.).

...or...

3. Something totally out of left field like BW was when it first came out. Don't really know what they could do that would be left field short of making something similar to the Brave series, but than it would just be a Masterforce rehash.

5. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    I want a 100% standalone anime series that's completely based on aquatic Transformers. I'd love to see a submaring take on a Sperm Whale.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I would really like to see them re-issue all the G1 triple-changers

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Most people have aleady covered the toy side so I'll just add -

1. Cybertron cartoon continuing to air a new ep. every Sat. With half the season still to go that should take us into late Aug/early Sept. Then Neo G1 starts in the fall.

2. IDW doesn't get cancelled. BW becomes an ongoing series. And TF: Evolution (Elseworlds title) could give us some cool tie in stuff like a Alternators story or Neo G1 or a movie preview story like Marvel does with their X-Men movies.

At least that's what I'd like to see. Then hopefully the moive does well, both finanically and with satisfying the majority of fans so we get a new North American made cartoon and a full movie trilogy like the studio hopes might happen.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Sorry RL I like to temper my wishes with the cold slap of reality :p 

Regardless of whether the movie does well there will most likely be a new cartoon afterwards. Fantastic Four did poorly at the box office yet there is a new cartoon in the works.

What I would like to see in the new cartoon is a complete rewrite of the original story. Same basic elements with stories on the caliber of Justice League/ JLU.

If we can't get MP Megatron how about MP Galvatron instead!

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I would like to see more original ALternators with new cars and maybe an original mold Decepticon. Less repaints ala all repaints should be decepticons :-D

For the after movie cartoon...written here in north america ala BW/BM. I would like it to follow the movie or go out and be something totally new like BW was.

I would love to see the titanium TFs that transform sell well and be expanded to include TFs from all series and universes.

For the new mainline I would just like it not to be anything like we have seen before.

I also agree with the bring back the robot points/ mail away. Takara products still come with robot points. I think they are cool and a good idea.

10. Ultimus Prime

Ultimus Prime cows are nice

Ok... this might take a while, here's my prediction.

Cybertron TV show and toyline will run to the end of summer and will gradually be replaced by the Neo-G1 line, and Titanium. Alternators will run alongside Titanium and NG1 until the movie. The NG1 line will get movie toys, and run until winter 07. Titanium and Alternators will become one line, featuring both updates on old designs(Alts) and comic characters/fan faves(Titanium). The NG1/ Movie line will be replaced with the 2008 kid aimed series, (hopefully something new and different, like beast wars was in the 90's) leaving two series, one for the fans and one for the kids. Masterpiece will continue, and will release one toy per year.

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

:) 

12. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    I dont really care honestly I have not thought of that I just like to see optimus take out the trash! :dj 

13. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Toys = (Alternators = good and getting better, regular line = depends on the cartoon)
    Cartoon = going down the drain (it's getting better but still is crap) until someone else takes the reign (art and writers)
    comics = gets better

14. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

After the movie I believe we will get a cartoon based on the movie and the toy line will extend off of that.

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    1) A new CG series produced by Mainframe, post-movie.

2) GI Joe vs G1 TFs CG series produced by Mainframe. OR a GI Joe vs G1 TFs live-action movie.

3) A TF comic series where each issue (or 2/3-parters) focuses on a single character, a la "GI Joe Special Missions." Also, the publisher must take fan polls to decide which characters are featured for future issues.

4) Hasbro Commemmorative Series reissues for G1 Shockwave, Jetfire, SixShot, Megatron (maybe as a mail order only collector's special), Dinobots (esp. Grimlock), Fortress Maximus, Metroplex, Scorponok, Predaking, and some of the other combiners. And none of that outrageous pricing crap either, Hasbro.

5) Binaltechs and other Takara exclusives released by Hasbro for US consumers at an affordable price point.

6) An Alternators combiner set at the same scale of the current Alts, and/or an Alternators combiner set of Devastator, the Stunticons, and the Arialbots.

7) Alternators of G1 Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream.

8) Transforming toys based on comics' "War Within" series.

9) G1 TV series DVD box set unedited, restored, and with ample bonus features that fans actually want to see like cast interviews, bloopers/outtakes, TV commercials (US and Japanese), and cast/crew commentary on selected episodes.

10) US DVD releases of all the G1 Japanese TF series, dubbed by professional voice actors.

16. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I want a series where the transformers quit fighting and get office jobs.

17. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

The toys are getting better and better but they need to pay attention to the media part. The shows have been declining in quality and story element since Armada. They need to get competent writers to do a better show. Once that happens, TFs should be ok for awhile. With a major movie and video games, I dont think TFs will fade away like they did in the early 90s.

Toys: I all want is the Neo G1 line, Alts, more WW Titainium toys, and more new molds for the 10th anniversary for BW.

18. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    That's what Family Guy is for.

19. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I want Transformers to be simplified. I think the whole repaint/remold thing is crap. I don't want to see repaints or remolds of anything. Just stick with original ideas for each toy.

I think crappy series like G2 and RiD should be forgotten and shoved in some closet like an unwanted step-child. I want well engineered toys that are size accurate. You can't have a hovercraft thats the same size as a car. Good articulation. No clear plastic for hands or feet. NO MORE GIMMICKS. All the weapons should be storable inside the ALT mode. The ALT mode should be discernable from the robot mode and vice versa. You can't see limbs or arms sticking out in the ALT mode. No more missiles, no more weird air launched missiles, no more water pistols, color changers, audio packs, or lights. Keep it simple Hasbro.

If you can't do the above, separate out Transformers. Have one line for us older fans, and another line for the young'uns. Give them the gimmicks and crappy story.

I think Alternators is a great line. It started out great but now has gotten continuously crappier. Rollbar? Ricochet? Who are these crap guys? Optimus Prime as a freakin Dodge Ram? Come out with better models Hasbro and design them well so they transform well. I'd say Overdrive/Windcharger was one of the more unique ones along with Tracks as far as transformations go. Give them all good solid paint jobs ala Tracks or even Shockwave. Have one car be one G1 Transformer. Its really unfortunate. Smokescreen, Bluestreak, and Red Alert all provided opportunities for them to be different cars instead of all Subarus.

I think making ALTs of things other than cars would be nice too. However, I don't know if this could be done of it would be good, but keeping the scale equal would be an idea. Startscream would be twice as big as Jazz at least. Having the Aerialbots (see my name) combine into Superion as an ALT would be FREAKIN AWESOME.

As far as the TV/movie thing, I think Cybertron is gonna bomb majorly. Its kiddy-oriented with little anime brats running around, has stupid gimmicks (cyber keys), and a horrible story. I think the reason why G1 and BW did so well was because each episode was a different story instead of one looooong story for some race to find keys. I mean, having a mini-series here and there is nice but don't make it like DBZ where one fight is drawn out over 8 episodes with lots of talking and no real plot progress. Thats why Batman: The Series did so well. Its plot is what made you come back.

As far as these toy lines are concerned, I am clueless. Seriously clueless. Can someone please answer my questions?

1) What is the Titanium Line? Can anyone please answer me that? Is it based off G1, Alternators, BW or is it an amalgum of all the above? Do these things transform or are they just statues?

2) What is the Universe line?

3) What is the difference between BW and BW 10th?

4) What is TFC?

5) What is Neo G1? Is it the same thing as Classic?

The line after the movie line should have very little connection to all this stuff. Have it like a couple hundred years after the most recent Transformers era. Stop with old characters. Have new leaders and henchmen for both sides. Have a new struggle for something. Make more interpersonal issues between the good guys and bad guys. One of the best things between Megatron and Starscream was the personal interaction there. I think every TF should be the same.

20. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Titanium is based off Hasbro's Star Wars series that goes under that name, which are toys using diecast metal. There's three inch ones, which are slightly posable and non transformable, which range from all generations, including Alternators. Then there's 6 inch ones, which are more posable and they DO transform. So far the ones we've seen are from War Within, Optimus Prime and Megatron are wave 1, and wave 2 is Jetfire and Thundercracker. They also let it slip that wave 3 was Optimal Optimus and Scourge, though whether this is G1, RID, or Cybertron Scourge has yet to be seen. My bet is RID.

Universe is a line made exclusively of repaints that bombed when they kept releasing really really bad repaints among scattered extremely good ones. They mostly released deluxes and mega class figures, though most megas were two to four figures packed together. They used molds ranging from G2 to Energon and brought over the reissued Micromasters from Japan which are the only things still being released consistently. They released a lot of odd/experimental things as well like G1 based Spychanger repaints, Micromasters, and Battle in a Box, versus packs in aquarium packaging. Highlights were Universe Skywarp, Nemesis Prime, Razorclaw, and Night Slash Cheetor. Low points were Optimus Primal, Optimus Prime, Reptilion, Silverbolt, Ratchet, Blastcharge, Crystal Widow, Ransack, Smokescreen... it goes on.

BW is original BEast Wars, BW 10th is the series of reissued Beast Wars figures who were featured in the TV show with more show-accurate paint jobs (in most cases). This line is limited to 8 figures, 9 including the Transmutate chase figure you can assemble. It's basically Beast Wars painted as good as it could be.

TFC is Transformers Classic, which is also refered to as Neo G1, the line the recently discovered Astrotrain prototype is apart of. It's the classic figures without being reimagined or redesigned, they are the original toys modernized, more articulation, molded and painted details, updated vehicle modes... as good as G1 can get.