The Future Of Transformers? What are Your Opinions?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TJOmega, Mar 14, 2006.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The team over at tfauctions.com asked me to post this for them.

What would you like to see happen to the Transformers brand from now to the release of the Movie ?

Lets us know the most crazy insane or simpliest ideas you may have!

This is a perfect op to get your point across and we hope to get some excellent responses from this.

Thanks for yout time,

TFAuctions.com

2. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

Firstly, do the Gen 1 neo thing as promised. It could consist of a couple of lines with all the biggies.
    Secondly, expand the universe line by re-releasing older lines that people may have missed out on, G2, Machine wars, other Japanese series. No more car robot bros
    Thirdly, continue the alternators, stop with the multiple re-paints.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Neo/Classic/G1 2.0 line will follow Cybertron, then movie toys will come out which would occupy most of 2007. After that it's anybody's guess. I think Binaltech/Alternator line will continue on. Masterpiece will get a few more additions. There'll be a whole new TF line that isn't continuation from Armada/Energon/Cybertron storyline. The new one may very well feature more radical TF designs, much like Beast Wars following G1. Maybe more realistic or futuristic but whatever it is I suspect will be quite different. Classic/Movie/Binaltech/Cybertron will all help raise the bar even higher in terms of quality and design. The movie will help elevate the popularity and awareness of the TF brand, raise the sales and making the next line after movie very important to keep the interest in the toy strong.

Forgot about Titanium and Universe. Universe should include repaints or reissues of the TF fans want like Seacons or even some Japanese exclusive figs like Liokaiser, or military repaints of Cyb Defense Team. Repaints of Energon Starscream into Thundercracker and Skywarp colors would be great also.

Titanium should focus on comic inspired toys. Besides War Within I'd like to see retro/industrial TFs and more Cybertronian design TFs. Each wave should be small and contain the characters people want to see. This should be primarily for collectors and shouldn't confuse with regular TF line.

4. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd go with what they've got planned so far this year along with a couple of ideas from left field.

1) Keep Universe going as an exclusive line thru the fanclub and their online store. There have been too many nice repaints that have gotten the axe for one reason or another that could still be made like Spacewarp. Back up the line with a comic from IDW. (get the license working both ways)

2) Expand the BW 10th. anniversary line for a few more molds like Depth Charge and Rampage.

3) Pump out a few more Alternators. (new, remolded or just repaints it's all good to me.)

4) Get their people over at Wizards of the Coast off their butts and put together some games for TF's. (be it a CCG or RPG, hell I'd take a mini's game.)

5) Reinstitute the Robot Points program or something similar and put out some Mail Order goodies. (like some of those unproduced Universe figures.)

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    For Hasbro:

Speed up Alternators and expand it as well to othe vehicles... And try to get more car brands to sign on... And only resort to remolds... No more straight repaints... Unless it's a black Jeep named Trailbreaker...

Pump out the Titaniums!!!

Neo G1 is a must...

For Takara:

Continue BT... BT* can stop since we don't need one of every mold out there... Work alongside Hasbro and reach the goals I listed above for Alternators...

Continue TFC... It's a great line and it should definitely continue with the great re-issues that they have been producing...

Regular Re-Issues... For the toys that can't fit into the TFC box...

Masterpiece... Definitely continue with this line... It's just too awesome to end...

WST... I'd like to see more...

6. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

This for sure. TM Megatron and Primal are still great molds, and a (repainted tarantulas) show-accurate version of Blackarachnia would be welcome. The next "bonus" should be a show-accurate version of Ravage, much like the treatment Transmutate just got.

My dream line would be something like "Historical Transformers." A Panzer, an original Gattling gun, a 19th century locomotive, a '57 Chevy, a Model T, even something crazy like a Roman trebuchet or the Mayflower. "Futuristic" designs seem to be really hit-and-miss, but I think looking to the past would be a fresh direction. I mean, Beast Wars Neo Convoy is awesome, but if he was an elephant with a saddle and a small action figure of Hannibal or Charlemagne, that would be even cooler. :) 

7. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Cybertron ends, replaced by Classic, which is then replaced as the main line by the movie line Spring 2007. But Classic doesn't end, it replaces Universe as the secondary line, with repaints of G2-Cybertron toys as G1/G2/BW/BM characters and the occasional new mold.

For this continuing Classic line I would like to see some remolds as well. For example, E. Duststorm with the hook replaced by a mixing drum (Mixmaster), E. Blight with his cannons replaced by arms leading to a dozer-shovel and with his weapon folding over to look like the cab of a bull dozer (Bonecrusher), and so on.

That way there'd be the new movie universe, the classic G1 - BM universe, and the Armadaverse, well I think it would be best if we just let that branch of the fiction die.

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'd like to see an expansion of this Neo G1 line they're planning... since it's set only for deluxes and megas. Like $15 two-packs from the Robot Masters line, Prime vs Starscream, Primal vs Megatron, Victory Saber set, and the Skywarp/Thundercracker set. I wouldn't mind seeing some well done G1 repaints in the line as well, like Energon Divebomb as G1 Divebomb, Brakedown as Kup, Skyblast as G1 Thrust... trust me, I've done the recoloring on that one, it looks awesome.

After the movie line... I want to see a full-on line. A line using classic G1 gimmicks like Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters, Duocons, Doublepunch, Clones, the works. (No Pretenders unless done VERY well, and no Actionmasters whatsoever!)

OR

A line to combine G1 and Beast Wars. A new Optimus Primal against a G1-ish Megatron, Maximals, Autobots, Decepticons, and Predacons all at once. Then you have the option of including Rodimus Prime and Galvatron as seperate entities from Optimus and Megatron, which is long overdue

While I'd love to see the Beast Wars 10th line expanded as well, I'm not sure how much farther it can go unless new molds were made. I'd love a new mold for the original Scorponok, Black Arachnia, Airazor, and Terrorsaur to get some show accurate versions, or just two-packing repainted basics in additional waves. If they stuck to repainting, I could see Tigatron, BlackArachnia, Ravage if they could find the mold, and two packs of Airazor/Quickstrike and Rattrap/Terrorsaur... but other than that I dont know who they would do. Depth Charge and Rampage, as well as most Transmetals, are already very show accurate even if they did include more sizes to the line.

Oh yeah, as for bonus extras... I want the Optimal Optimus mech Quickstrike was riding! :D 

9. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

1 - G1 Neo/ TF Classics line is a must. Possibly the most fan-anticipated line in history. Don't screw it up.

2 - Alternators. No reason to stop this subline going just as it is. I don't even care about repaints. Consider, SERIOUSLY consider expanding into military vehicles, and larger price points.

3 - TF: The Movie is a given. Hopefully it'll be a great line.

4 - Post Movie: My vote goes for The War Within to be made as both the next mainline, and the cartoon. Get it away from the anime style, and anime storytelling style. Bring it back to North America. Perhaps you should consider speaking with the guys who did X - Men Evolution. The toys would be fantastic, I'm actually surprised this hasn't already happened (Cybertron could have easily been TWW story)

10. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, seconded. But I'd like to see the omnibots make a return. Plus reflector. :)  And what about that watch that was also on the mail-away form?

Anyway, I'd like to see the cybertron line continue so I can have a chance of collecting them all.

Plus I'd like to see more commemoratives, but I guess that's what that classic line that people have mentioned will cover.

A re-release of the dinobots line would be nice too. I'd be able to get some then as I never had a dinobot.

I'd also like to see the entire original G1 line of combiners released too. And not as just huge boxsets, but as individual toys like they originally were. That's a heck of a lot of toys just there.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's too hard to speculate as to what will happen. I just hope it's a "bright" future.

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had an idea based off of this one I think a few of you would like. What if Hasbro started to do Mail Order figures again and offered us the Takara reissues?

13. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not so sure about the Robot Points program guys. When Hasbro revived the My Little Pony line back in 2002, they started a mail in program with the "Pony Points" and it was a major disaster.....delayed shipments, lost information, ponies shipped to wrong addresses, ponies not shipped at all, lousy service for refunds. I just dont think they'd go down that bumpy road again.

14. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In additon to NEO G1, make a special collection of Transformers that were never released but had once been planned for, e.g. Transtech. G2's that weren't mass produced. Exclusives that weren't carried, etc. They could call it the "Almost Transfomers" Also "Historic Protoypes" like Unicron, the early versions. Also. a special DVD documentary of a Transformer from conception to being placed on the store shelf or peg.

15. DarkLiger

DarkLiger Well-Known Member

aren;t we getting Transformer Attatix this year?

16. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Just a heads up, this is not in any way....well maybe...Transformer Blasphemy.

After the Movie and the toy's from the movie are released I think that it might be it for the franchise. I'm basing this on the Power Rangers fall. The first seasons were great, they toy's sold like mad and a Movie was spawned. Things were looking great....until the other shows/ spin offs were born. Every year another crappy series with the same toys came out and it just got boring. Hopefully this won't happen to the Transformers, because they are a great series. But how long can a series based off toys last?

17. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

It's my understanding that Power Rangers still sell quite well.

18. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

After the movie.... well, oh dear.

They need to look into more Alt and MP licences for grown up fans at a slow to steady pace. About what they are doing now.

Keep the g1 comics flowing. Try to incorperate DW comics tot he IDW series.

IF Classics/Neo G1 is a success then consider making a second round of toys as another filler line for later.

After the movie line it is time to begin anew...... and I mean NEW.
    A new story line for kids needs to be addressed. One that is made/written in America and not simply a 30 commercial. serious effort needs to be given to it. The concepts need to be new. No Prime. No Megatron. No Cybertron. No Starscream.
    Just Transformable Robots with something different. Maybe this time around almost all the bots are evil and attempting to enslave the human race or something and the humands have to make mech off their tech to counter them. Who knows. Just make it different with toys that are made for the kiddy age group that enjoys them. I had my big bot story from G1. It's time these kids get theirs. Stretch their imaginations a little and piss off older fans that aren't kids anymore.

Only way to breath life into a slowly dimming fandom that going to need it soon. AFTER THE MOVIE when the nastalgia fix is over.

P.S. I also agree with reinstating robot point/mail aways.

19. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

As someone already said keep pumping out the ALTS (remolds, repaints, new styles-SUV's) and as far as repaints go...how about G1-ish repaints (Wheeljack, Jazz). What would I most like to see...? Alternators Constructicons - G1 style, G1 colors - even at a higher price point (maybe $29-$39 each) these would be incredible.

20. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The movie is suppose to be a whole new spin on the mythos we all know and love. My bet is that the new cartoon after the movie will follow a similar track. I think there will be another gap between the movie toy line and the line for the next cartoon (at least 6 months).

The G1 neo line will be a filler from the fall of '06 till spring of '07, when the movie line is released. If the G1 neo line does well, it may be expanded to fill the gap between the movie line and the cartoon toy line. Then again Hasbro could just release some new alts and not have a mainline between the movie and cartoon.

Alts will continue for at least another 1.5 years given the number of new molds we know about and the obligitory repaints/remolds that Hasbro will make.