The Force Awakens: Why Kylo Ren ISN'T (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by agent j 15, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

POSSIBLE FORCE AWAKENS SPOILERS AHEAD

Really if you're still here it's your fault bro

So I've seen this prevailing fan theory that Kylo Ren, the new baddie of Star Wars 7, is actually a disillusioned Luke Skywalker. It's a nice theory. Too bad it's complete and utter bullshit.

First, Wookipedia says Kylo Ren was born AFTER the Battle of Endor, which, unless I saw some weird version of Return of the Jedi that Lucas somehow altered even more, I remember Luke having a pretty big part in. Now I know that Wookipedia probably isn't the end all, be all of Star Wars lore, but I doubt they'd put that on their article unless they were absolutely sure.

Second, we've already seen Kylo Ren unmasked.
    [​IMG]
    Big shock, he looks like his actor Adam Driver. This wasn't some small set photo, this was taken by Annie Leibovits, a pretty big name photographer, for Vanity Fair. Knowing the lengths J.J. Abrams is going to make sure we know JUST what he wants us to know about this movie, he wouldn't let this get out there unless he wanted us to know it.

Oh, and for anyone thinking that Adam is just a decoy for the REAL Kylo, here's this gif;
    [​IMG]
    Watch closely - he's in costume, someone is directing him - this is them about to film a scene from the movie where he's unmasked. And it's NOT Mark Hamill in that costume.

So yeah. I'm sure they'll still be some people who think that Luke IS Kylo Ren. What do you think?

2. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Let us spew our odd theories of nonsense and if you want to give your two cents, use the actual thread to give a rebuttal.

3. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

My bad - I'm new to this side of TFW and didn't even know there was a Star Wars thread, lol.

4. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude looks like a young Professor Snape. That's not a lightsaber it's a wand :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.