The Flash - CW TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by QLRformer, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Barry is supposed to be a scientist, yet his team has to tell him how to use his powers...
    And everyone acts so stupid all the time. Reverse Flash is probably gonna get free now that Nora is using the negative Speedforce.

I mean, he has to be free, we saw Reverse Flash die on Legends of Tomorrow, so he cannot die in Flash again.

• Like Like x 3
  2. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ralph Dibney was the voice of reason in this episode. Shows you how far we've come down. LOL

• Like Like x 4
  3. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really!

That's such a bad thing! :mad: 

4. KabutoRyder

KabutoRyder www.taurianfilms.com

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was fine with Barry, Thawne is his trigger. We all know this. What I wonder is why Nora is working with the Rogues and what I am hoping is that it doesn't come down to one teary eyed scene with Nora and Iris and/or Barry to snap her out of her Negative Speed Force influence. What I want to have happen and have been wishing for is for Nora to be the tried and true big bad of the season. Have her actions guided by the ends justify the means to save her father and she starts making more an more questionable decisions that lead to casualities and chaos and the more they try to get her to stop they strengthen her resolve until she goes off the rails but always seeing herself as the good person in this to save her dad.

But, alas....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So is Barry going to team with Thawne against Nora to completely mentally destroy her?

The irony....

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yeah, it doesn't matter what they promo for the next season, I'm so done with this show. I'll finish the season, but that's it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    5x20 - Gone Rogue

- Negative Tachyons. That's definitely the main element that fuels Thawne's own speedster powers. If Team Flash can find a way to exploit that, then they can finally get rid of Reverse Flash for good!

- Brie Larvan (former Bug-Eyed Bandit now Queen Bee) returns! She hasn't been seen nor heard of ever since "Beacon of Hope" (Arrow - S4, E17). That spinal tumor of her is probably long gone.

- The way Sherloque exposed Nora and putting his pride before the family that took him in. THAT is why the team was angry with him! He should give the rest of the team the same apology he gave Nora.

- Glad the whole "Reverse XS" thing was (almost) an act and resolved quickly. So despite her anger towards Barry and that anger amplified by the Negative Speed Force, she was still on the right track. Proved futher by Nora emploring Ragdoll, Weather Witch, and Queen Bee not to kill during her planned heist on the weapon development company.

- I wonder where Cisco breached that swarm of bee drones? Hopefully not to Earth-38!

- Nora calling on Ragdoll, Weather Witch, and Queen Bee to break into that weapon development company in order to steal the one weapon that can destroy Cicada II's dagger (Which, by the way, was developed from the debris from the S.T.A.R. Labs satellite that DeVoe hijacked for The Enlightment) was quite a risky plan.

Thankfully The Flash, Joe, Iris, Cecile were there. Using their own image inducers to disguise themselves as the military personnel. Seeing Joe, Iris, and Cecile armed and armored while wearing shades was a crazy suprise.

- Nora is back home with Barry and Iris. Bless!

- So future Grace is hallucinating the uncle she murdered. Where have we seen that before? Season 2 of "Arrow". Deathstroke trippin' on Mirakuru hallucinating Shado in Season 2 of "Arrow".

Plus, now thanks to the failed prototypes of the meta-cure that Cisco should have destroyed, future Grace basically has a lethal bioweapon that targets metahumans with the means to disperse it throughout Central City!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have not watched the cw stuff in ages but how can he even exist? He was erased from realkty when his ancestor killed himself

9. AutobotSeeker81

AutobotSeeker81 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the negative tachyons are going to get Thawn out of prison. He'll steal Nora's power.

10. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think it's somehow a remnant of a remnant of himself from different points in the timeline before his erasure(s). At least that's how it usually is in the comics since he has a habit of being killed off just to come back too.

11. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'll give credit for them reimaging (Evan) MacCulloch as the head of another tech company and the Easter Egg of the classic Mirror Gun. (I don't think they ever gave a first name, so making assumptions).

12. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    5x21 - The Girl With the Red Lightning

- Ralph is clearly becoming the highly brilliant and deductive detective that his comic book counterpart is.

Piecing together the events that have happened throughout this Season 5 from the Enlightment that lead him (maybe a little to late) to the shocking conclusion revealed at the end of this episode.

Plus, he’s becoming an adept brawler. Turning his right hand into a blade and fighting Cicada II hand-to-hand. Killer Frost must have been training Ralph on the side in hand-to-hand combat, but he still has a lot more to learn. All he needs now is to become a talented chemist, gain an enhanced sense of smell, and of course meet his future wife Susan.

Also, did anybody else catch this quote by Ralph:

Breach in, lose our powers, destroy the dagger, stop Cicada from Supergirl-ing away, then regroup for the emotional fallout.

- The twist at the end of the episode with Thawne was most definitely a surprise!

All this time, while Thawne was imprisoned in 2049, Cicada’s dagger was hidden behind the black vest he was wearing. Nullifying his speedster powers until his execution!

Barry was right all along! Thawne manipulated Nora (and many others too) to help The Flash and Co. find a way to destroy Cicada’s dagger in the past so that it could never exist in the future to help incarcerate and execute him. Thus, he would be free to wreak havoc again on The Flash and his team!

• Like Like x 2
  13. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I just finished the episode where Nora met Thawne and I couldn't help but notice Thawne had a French accent. (likely cuz the actor is used to being Sherloque.)

jD001

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AAARRRRGGGGG!! The whole, 'we need permission to give the cure' mentality they have has got to be the stupidest idea the show has had. Bad guy= You get the cure, no choice.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Aww shit... The date on the newspaper changed to 2019!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    5X22 - Legacy (Season Finale)

- Dude! Ralph jumped in the line of the mirror gun’s fire to save Cicada’s dagger. That was ballsy and it was a miracle that he survived!

- Figured Sherloque would decipher the clues and come the same conclusion the Ralph did about Cicada’s dagger.

- Cisco told Kamilla the truth about his superhero life. Surprised that she was most understanding of it. Any other woman would have gotten pissed off and left or tell Cisco to leave!

- Nora finally got through to young Grace. She woke up and took the cure. But it failed. How did the team not take into account the dark matter shard that was still in young Grace’s head?

- The dagger was finally destroyed with the mirror gun at future Grace’s cabin. Didn’t figure that doing that would erase future Grace from the timeline!

- Nora reversing time to so that she and Barry could confront Reverse Flash and prevent him from killing the prison guards after he was freed from Cicada’s dagger in 2049!

- So Barry and Nora’s meeting with Thawne inside the Time Vault in the past in “What’s Past is Prologue” (5x08) factored into his reverse time-hack to free himself.

- Reverse Flash runs out and creates a time remnant to fight Flash and XS.

- Team Flash arrives and they help Flash and XS knock him the fuck out!

- Nora is about to kill Thawne (which they should have let happen) until Nora starts to fade away! Can’t believe that destroying Cicada’s dagger did that to her!

- Nora decided to fade away rather than let the Negative Speed Force permanently corrupt her. Hope by some incredible miracle, she returns!

- Thawne escapes to wreak havoc again. SHIT!

- The rest of the team regroups for the emotional fallout at S.T.A.R. Labs and Sherloque leaves to return to his Earth.

- Iris finds Nora journal.

- Cisco takes the cure.

- Barry, Cecile, and Joe meet with Singh who announces that he will become the new CCPD chief. Plus, he appoints Joe has the new captain (which I envisioned him becoming) and reveals that he knew all along that Barry is The Flash.

- Ralph is back is his P.I. office and opens a file with the name “Dearbon”! Could it be that his future wife Sue will finally show herself?

- Cisco made Killer Frost a new superhero suit. Can’t wait to see it.

- Barry comforts Iris in Time Vault and they find a chip inside Nora’s journal that contains a recorded message not unlike the one Barry made for Nora in “Godspeed” (5x18).

- The Central City Citizen front page headline FLASH MISSING VANISHES IN CRISIS is displayed in the Time Vault and the year on it changes from 2024 to 2019. Dang! I was really hoping that The Monitor would suddenly appear just as he did on the Season 7 Finale of Arrow after "The Flash" title card!

So ends Season 5 of The Flash! What will come in October 2019 when The Flash returns for Season 6? Obviously Crisis on Infinite Earths, but what “big bad” will Barry and the rest of the team face off before and afterwards? How will the events and changes that have transpired in Season 5 directly affect the team in Season 6?

Did Cisco leave his beloved team and family to be with Kamilla or is he just taking a breather from the superhero madness to solidify his relationship with Kamilla? I’m hoping it’s the latter. Unless I see any post-episode article officially confirming Carlos Valdes’ departure from The Flash, I’m going to assume that he is still a regular cast member and that he will return for Season 6!

Has for the changes to the timeline that have obviously occurred in this Season Finale and will occur in Crisis on Infinite Earths, how will it affect the events in Season 8 (The Final Season) of Arrow, Season 5 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and the upcoming Batwoman? Will the dark futures that we have seen in both series (Star City 2040, the tyrannical A.R.G.U.S. regime that Zari hails from) be averted/changed? Will the fates of certain characters (Oliver Queen, Zari Tomaz, Nora West-Allen) change?

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken, waaaaay back after episode 2 of this season, I mentioned that unless
    Nora's got a genius plan, she'll end up erasing herself due to changing the timeline,
    unless the writers will it otherwise. Here we are.

A bland episode and in a way, that's good; it makes it very easy to be done with the show. Future viewers, I hope you enjoy what's to come, but I'm done with all the CW Superhero shows now. I may come back when Crisis happens for that/those episodes, but who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    As far as Frosts mystery outfit goes, I'm either going for Mohawk KF from Injustice...
    1e367fa6c9be9a9fc05d6811adced76c--killer-frost-book-characters.jpg
    ...or the original Prom Dress look. Make it so!
    779dc54530d0ad96756a399082bf8d1f.jpg

19. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I was Nora, as I was fading away, I would yell to Barry and Iris: HAVE LOTS OF SEX RIGHT NOWWWWW!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    clearly nora got erased because the crisis is happening sooner and barry is destined to die before she is conceived ... but I am convinced that after the crossover rewrites everything she will come back and maybe when she does she will be named dawn instead ? I was so satistied with the singh reveal in the end ! I have been waiting for it for some time !

• Like Like x 3