The Flash - CW TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by QLRformer, Jul 30, 2013.

1. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The original Killer Frost was Crystal Frost. Louise Lincoln is #2.

Earth 2 Killer Frost told Caitlin to ask her mother about her brother remember.

His dagger dampens not removes powers. And she only got brained by the satellite chunk not stabbed with it.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Crystal Frost is a different character entirely. There's only two who actually went by the name Killer Frost.

Also the dagger dampens powers just being near it but when he kills a Meta it seemed like he completely drained their powers apon death. His daughter might not be a meta at the moment but if he can some how transfer the powers from the Metas he's killed into her to wake her from her coma she could be in the future.

Just killing them seems a little boring. These villains usually have some kind of end goal planned that isn't immediately obvious. Like Devo killing the Bus metas and taking their powers. There wasn't really a strong indication what the enlightening actually was. For a while it just seemed like he trying to keep himself alive. Then we find out there's more to his plan than just that.

Right now it seems like Cicada is killing Meta Humans but there's gotta be more of a goal involved. Like what exactly is that going to accomplish?

I also think Grace is going to end up being the one who stops him cause I seriously doubt she'd approve of the things he's been doing while she was in her coma. One way or another I expect her to wake up in the season finally.

3. lars573

Killer Frost - Wikipedia
    TLDR: There's three
    1. Crystal Frost
    2. Louise Lincoln
    3. Caitlin Snow

And the shows Killer Frost suit uses elements of all three costumes.

Cicada's whole thing is he stabs metas to death cause he hates them, that and the cult leader thing. Right now they're heavy into the former, and only some visual gags (like the doctor lady kneeling in front of him) towards the latter. But who knows. And Grace waking up from her coma and slapping his ass down isn't crazy as a piece of the end game for him.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That Wiki page isn't very accurate. There's a better version which gives each version of Killer Frost their own page. Also has a section similar to the TF wiki for different characters who share the same name. There are only two Killer Frosts. Crystal Frost is something else entirely, she's connected to Killer Frost but isn't one of them.

Also what cult? The only time a cult was mentioned was with the other Cicada, the one Sheloqu caught originally before he found out that Nora changed the time line resulting in a different Cicada being created. The other guy had a cult, this dude doesn't really seem like a cult leader. Plus Nora said he was early, Cicada wasn't even suppose to exist yet. So I think the other guy who would of become Cicada in Nora's time line had slightly different motives than this one.

5. lars573

Killer Frost
    TLDR has 3 links
    1. Crystal Frost, Earth One
    2. Louise Lincoln, New Earth
    3. Caitlin Snow, Prime Earth

Crystal Frost was the first Killer Frost, everything including the first issue that she appears says so.
    [​IMG]

I'm talking in the general. They might not do the cult thing at all.

6. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Another trash episode. It's more fun to just sit back and make fun of this show now. It's so easy to do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Also easy to stop watching if you’re not enjoying, no?

• Like Like x 3
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

What series are you watching? Flash is actually good. Arrow has been kinda trash this season.

Also when you got shows that cross over with each other it's a little hard to stop watching one you don't like when there are two others you do like. Supergirl is really the only one that's easy to skip if you don't like it because it's not even in the same universe so you don't need to watch her show like you do with Arrow, Flash, and Legends that all happen in the same universe. There's more chances for the shows to cross over and miss something when they actually exist in the same universe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

10. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would tend to agree. It's between WORST being Supergirl and most enjoyable Legends of Tomorrow. I like Arrow and Black Lightning as well.

Flash has just become so poorly written as a whole, especially when compared the first 2 seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The second season was pretty much the worst what with the constant ignoring of Eobard being erased from history yet there's still all kinds of evidence that he did exist. Pretty much rendered the ending of the first season meaningless when they keep constantly ignoring it every singe time he shows back up again.

They kinda tried to fix this during Legends when they had zombie Zoom hunting him because he's an anomoly that shouldn't exist but that just made the problem worse. We saw him disappear when Eddie shot himself and have basically seen him die twice now yet he keeps returning with zero explanation given as to how. I just try not to think about it too much. But honestly just because of Reverse Flash those first two seasons are the worst. Eddie's suicide means nothing because he's some how still around.

It also sucks because Zoom's goals were exactly the same as Reverse Flash. Then they did the exact same thing again in season 3 with Savitar.

I don't get why people hate the Thinker or Cicada so much when Flash is finally giving us some variety with the villains instead of repeating the same thing over and over again. Oliver has even made fun of the constant stream of evil speedsters from the first three seasons. I think the first season on it's own was good but Reverse Flash continuing to make appearances after Eddie's suicide ruins it, the second and third seasons were just rehash of the same thing from season 1 and it's only now starting to get good.

Arrow started out strong and has gotten bad over time. I feel like that show has just jumped the shark and can't seem to do anything new with it's characters.

Legends of Tomorrow, well that one seems to the only one of the main three that started out OK and has changed things up just enough to keep things interesting. But with the rotating cast each season rather than a lead hero like Green Arrow or the Flash they have a lot more opportunity to keep things fresh rather than getting stale and formulaic.

Supergirl... I don't even watch that one except for the crossovers. I saw the pilot and just found her to be way too boring. I mean she didn't even want to use her powers at first. What the heck is up with that? It just made her seem more selfish and unlikable. I liked Supergirl better when she actually wanted to be a hero like her cousin but this girl only became a hero for totally selfish reasons. She seems to have changed a bit since then but the series just made me hate the character in the first episode so I just never had any interest in seeing the rest of the series.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm hoping the crossover is one big story like the Nazi-Earth one, since I haven't been watching any of the other CW-verse shows, so I probably won't even know who some of the characters are (in show).

13. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Even though he's so old, he still looks more like the Flash than our young Barry in this show. I was really excited, seeing the preview at the end of Supergirl. Was the best of that episode :D 

14. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You've looked way too deep into my post.

2nd season I thought was average to bad at best, however better than every season after that. 1st season was amazing.

The problem with Thinker is that he was boring and his plan was terrible. Writing didn't help.

Klein's acting with Cicada is too over the top and terrible.

There's really nothing to "get". Just opinions and don't really need to look past that.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Just to clarify what I mean by not getting it... since you seem a little confused on that point. It is possible to understand other opinions even if you don't agree with them. Like I totally get why people didn't like Star Wars the Last Jedi. I don't entirely agree with them but I understand where they're coming from. To me it was OK not great, not terrible, just some where in the middle. But I can easily recognize the flaws and understand why some people were more critical of it than I am.

Basically when I say I don't get it. I know that's you're opinion, I'm trying to understand why you have that opinion. That said I can kinda understand why you might of thought the Thinker was boring... I kinda did too at first. But I think he got better in later episodes, like around the time he started taking over other people's bodies cause before that he just like an evil Professor Xavier.

Cicada... over acting... I don't think so... I'm pretty sure you're talking about the scenes where he's in pain from his wound but if anything I think he's under playing it. I mean the dude has a stab wound in his chest that went into one of his lungs, he should be constantly hyperventalating yet most of the time he's walking around just fine like he isn't wounded at all.

My cousin's kid was born with an underdeveloped lung and the poor little guy... well not so little anymore he'd be 18 now... but he was pretty much always hyperventalating cause he only had one lung. I'm kinda chalking it up to this character having super powers as to how he's able to function so well in his condition. Cause if he was just a normal person without powers his random moments of pain would be way more frequent and he wouldn't even be able to walk two feet without gasping for air let alone being able to fight other Meta-Humans.

Plus he probably should of bled to death with a wound that deep in his chest before he even got a hospital. If the knife still being in his chest was some how preventing him from bleeding out then the fact that he won't let that doctor seal the wound after removing it should of caused him to bleed to death a long time ago. I don't think it's possible to over act when you're suffering from a wound that realistically should of killed you.

Did you ever watch Torchwood? In the last season everyone on Earth basically becomes immortal... except Jack Harkness who actually becomes mortal. Anyway, they can still be hurt, they just can't die and there's a guy who has a hole in the middle of his chest and constantly downs pain killers like it's candy because he's suffering from pain from a wound that should have killed him. The hole is his chest goes directly threw where his heart should be and out the other side. Just currious if you think anyone there was over acting.

It's kinda difficult to judge how a person should really act from a wound that in real life would have killed them. Obviously if they should be dead then we don't have a real life example to compare with. He doesn't seem that bad in any other scenes except those ones focusing on his chest wound.

16. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dude, sure. I'm flattered for the long post for me.

17. KabutoRyder

KabutoRyder www.taurianfilms.com

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    yeah, totally loving his angry/constipation face.

• Like Like x 4
  18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Lol OK good point.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's making me stronger! *grunts from pain. Collapses. Passes out*

20. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So of course they went through all of that and it didn't work....

Also: F**king Thawne!!!!

• Like Like x 1