The Flash - CW TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by QLRformer, Jul 30, 2013.

1. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

I hope they bring back Ragdoll again. He was fun and left an impression.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Not a bad episode. Some character growth, some decent action.

If Ralph had thought about it, he could've made a seat/saddle for Iris so she wouldn't have to choke him to hang on.

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Batwoman looks awesome

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That parent daughter drama is drrraaaagggggging.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

Looks like I might be getting my wish. They really should've cut this teaser. It got me more hyped than Caitlin's boring subplot.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Why didn't they think of hacking into Devo's satellites before now? Other than to give them a momentary weakness by removing their access to the downed satellight.

Ragdoll was freaking creepy. They talked about him stretching like Ralph but he doesn't stretch at all, he just contorts. And he makes sounds as he moves as if you can hear his bones breaking and reforming as he moves. It's really unsettling but as a villain unsettling and creepy is a good thing.

And we got another trailer that shows Barry with Diggle again apperently still remembering himself as Barry Allen the Flash but everyone else thinks he's Oliver Queen/Green Arrow... so again not them from a different universe but rather they've traded lives some how... and I'm also questioning if they've simply traded lives why Barry isn't in prison.

7. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    5x06 – The Icicle Cometh

- I wonder who that sword-armed metahuman was?

- The Ralph/Cecile team-up was adorable!

- It should be noted that the facility Barry, Cisco, and Caitlin found Thomas in is on Bathhurst Island (Bathurst Island (Nunavut) - Wikipedia).

- Victor Fries (Mr. Freeze) name-drop people!

- So the nurse tending to Grace hates metahumans? What did they do to her?

- Looks like Iris and Nora are on the right track to having a healthier relationship in the future!

- Should have figured from the episode title that Caitlin’s father (our at least his alternate persona) would be Icicle!

- Killer Frost returns!

- Team Flash is one step closer to Cicada’s true identity!

- So much for a fifth Elseworlds teaser during this episode!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am happy that Killer Frost is back.

9. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    As she flat out said, she patches up the people who Meta's hurt. The woman she was treating right before had been cut up by the razor armed meta who Cicada killed earlier.

While I'm glad it's not a speedster, Cicada's story has completely lost me; I just don't care at all. Frankly if they had another villain show up, kill him, and then be the big bad for the remainder of the season I'd prefer it. Hell, I'll even take Icicle.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh Cicada is terrible. Way overacted by Chris Klein. Never cared for him during Johns' run either in the comics.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

He name drops three scientists. I of course recognize Harrison Wells and Victor Fries but I had to look up who the third one was...

Louise Lincoln was introduced in 1984 while Caitlin Snow wasn't introduced till 2013. So they just name dropped the original Killer Frost from the comics.

Also if her father is Icicle and there's another villain called Icicle Jr. does that mean Caitlin has a brother?

Cicada being badly injured and then saying the pain makes him stronger is stupid cause he's clearly having major issues and also it reminds me of a scene from Arrow with Diaz saying the same thing but he was taking drugs that literally turn pain into strength... here Cicada is just being dumb.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Cicada's end game is going to involve his daughter. I'm still not sure how this is going to work exactly but I think every time he kills a Meta Human he drains their powers and gives them to her and eventually she's going to come out of her coma as the most powerful Meta Human EVER!

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did laugh at cecile intimidating Ralph. That made me laugh. Also her first attempt at intemidating FEMA guy was hilarious. Heck all their bits were great. Liked his weird nose twitch.

The rest was meh.

13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL at Nora looking around the location and saying she couldn't find the part. No crap! It has been weeks since the satellite crashed down. Do they really think people are going to leave the pieces just laying around? It would have been moved weeks ago.

Also some weird editing near the end. They have the whole Icicle fight. then the next scene is Nora and Iris bring in the part & Ralph and Cecile bring in their news. Just the way they were acting and the dialog made it seem this was the first time they had all joined up again, not that they were all together the last scene fighting Icicle.

14. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I didn't even realize until the other night that Chris Klein played Cicada

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So,will S&M Chloe Sullivan be appearing in Smallville? :D 

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

These villains just keep getting worse and worse. The voice is so bad that I also didn’t even realize that was Chris Klein. Instead of calling him Cicada, they should’ve called him Nova, as in Casanova. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  18. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    5x07 – O Come, All Ye Thankful

- I wonder why Cicada’s dagger didn’t glow when Barry got close to the entrance of Grace’s room.

- Caitlin and Barry making what I presume is pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. Cute.

- So Killer Frost is now Caitlin’s “inner voice” for most of the time?

- Cicada’s backstory before, during, and after the Enlightening is revealed. As is his name, Orlin Dwyer.

- Grace’s parents died from a meta-attack? Most probably a battle involving The Flash and another meta.

- So Orlin (Cicada) is Grace’s uncle. I should have figure as much in the last week’s episode during that scene where Orlin comes to his house and a picture of Grace with two other people (her parents) is seen as he enters.

- No Ralph? Not even at the Thanksgiving dinner at Barry’s apartment? WTF!!!

- How long will it take for Cisco’s hands to heal?

- So Grace’s nurse is the one who created Cicada. I hope that fat bitch gets hers in the end!

- Sorry Cisco, but looks like Jocelyn named herself Weather Witch before you could get the chance.

- The best thing about a piece of meta-tech locked up in a S.T.A.R. Labs cell: No complaining and feeding!

- Guess the lighting dagger was the cause if Orlin’s glowing chest injury and damaged left lung. Make sense that because it was impaled in his flesh, he could control his dagger like Thor controlling Mjolnir.

- Leave it to Killer Frost to convince Cisco and Sherloque to attend Thanksgiving at Barry’s apartment.

- Thanks to Sherloque and Cisco, Cicada’s true face and name are finally revealed to Team Flash (minus Joe, Cecile, and Ralph).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  19. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Ugh. It's episodes like this that are such great examples of why this show has so many problems for me.

There were about 6 plots/subplots and they managed to do zero of them justice of any kind. Let's have this long and pointless buildup for Cicada's backstory that no one asked for and everyone figured out easily before that. Let's have the Weather Witch and not explain any of her motivation. Let's have Nora have a problem with her dad and then insta-resolve it in the easiest way possible. Let's have people be jaded about a holiday. Let's have a big Thanksgiving end that seems like family but not actually really spend time on it. Let's have the main characters figure out who the bad guy is.

Had they trimmed, it could've been a decent to really good episode. Skip the Cicada background, develop Weather Witch as a real villain, use the episode as a backdrop to show how loved ones deal with having a family member have a profession where death is a real risk and have it all end with a satisfying family Thanksgiving ending, where Nora and Barry eat laughable amounts of food due to their metabolisms so there's no leftovers, despite an enormous spread.

• Like Like x 3
  20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Hey Flash, Arrow called, they want their flash back gimmick back.

• Like Like x 1